The College Basketball Post

Tyus isn't anywhere close to being the player Quinn is right now, young buck is going to have to sit a year and wait for his turn.

Since we have a couple of days before the games wanted to contribute a few treats to the thread. Dug into my treasure trove and pulled this out.

Street and Smith's from 20 years ago. Yes this is a terrible camera phone.

Couple of goodies from that issue.
All-Americans from the previous year:

Top 25

Top High School Seniors:

Profile of my squad:

Sorry for the pic quality. My scanner finally died on me and I'm not sure there is a reason to replace it...lol.

I'm open to taking requests if anyone would like to see the profile from their squad. Enjoy.

Danny Fortson 2nd team
Jahidi White 3rd team
Antoine Walker 3rd team
Raef LaFrentz

man highschool coverage has grown so much

Felipe Lopez was the first high school player outside of California that I ever heard of while he was still in high school. Hype around him was crazy, especially considering the time.

Felipe Lopez was the first high school player outside of California that I ever heard of while he was still in high school. Hype around him was crazy, especially considering the time.

They hyped him hard in the McD's game that year. Thought he could walk on water way they were talking.

McAdoo officially declared.

Hope he enjoyed his last 2 years at UNC, dude lost himself millions.

I wonder who stays at UK.
**** he would've been out the league by now anyway.....while he cost himself money he kinda did improve so maybe he'll stick if he lands in the right situation 

kid is athletic so a team that pushes the ball might be his most ideal situation 

Here's some notable names from the high school seniors of that year. Listed as honorable mention: Toby Bailey, Maceo Baston, Bryce Drew, Tremaine Fowlkes, Pat Garrity, Tony Gonzalez, Chris Herron, Brad Miller, Kareem Reid, Maurice Taylor, Samaki Walker, Jason Williams, Rafer Alston, Greg Buckner, Andre Miller, Scott Padgett, Bonzi Wells, and none other than Steve Wojciechowski.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anfernee Hardaway :pimp:

Side note: I was thinking about this during the last round of games... Who are your favorite college players at each position?

A.I., Jay Williams or Baron Davis (really struggled with this one)
Derek Anderson
Grant Hill
Chris Webber, Laettner, or Sheed
Duncan

Honorable Mention:

T.J. Ford, Mike Bibby, Khalid El-Amin, Deron Williams
Juan Dixon, The Bad Guy
Michael Dickerson, Melo
Zack Randolph, KD, Beasley
Anthony Davis

A.I. @ G-Town wearing Concords. :pimp: :pimp:

I'd have to think hard about that list Cake, too many great players.

Last edited:
I have too much college basketball history stored up and sentimental value associated with different players to even begin a list like that.

I've long been a sucker for players who didn't have great teams around them. Plus major homer bias as well with UK.

One player I always rooted for was Mark Macon. Not even sure why...lol.

Yeah it was far from easy... I've been thinking about it since the Uconn MSU game... And still feel like I left people off i.e. JJ Reddick and Randolph Childress. |I

Last edited:
Jay Williams
Demarr Johnson
Corey meggetti
KD
Kenyon Martin

Ben Gordon
Dunleavy
DRose
CDR

Back
Top Bottom