The College Basketball Post

Any insight on where Diallo heads? He has had these same schools for quite a while. Kansas seems like possibly a frontrunner, and UK is UK, but I don't hear too much about him in terms of leaders.

Any insight on where Diallo heads? He has had these same schools for quite a while. Kansas seems like possibly a frontrunner, and UK is UK, but I don't hear too much about him in terms of leaders.
I also tend to believe Jayhawks are the favorite, with SJU holding a slim, outside chance.

"Kentucky is a talented basketball team," another NBA scout said. "But with the possible exception of Towns, I don't see any transcendent NBA talent here. The rest of this team are rotation players in the NBA. I'm not sure why we are going crazy over rotation players."
"There's a herd mentality in the NBA," another veteran GM said. "We came because everyone else was coming and you want as much information as you can. Things like this don't really tell you much and can, in fact, be dangerous. We saw these guys exactly how Calipari wanted us to see them. But this event isn't reality. The game is reality. Watching Cal in a real practice when he's really getting on guys is reality.
I think that these two quotes pretty much sum up Kentucky's pro day. Definitely smart on Cal's behalf still. Sounds like Ulis really benefited with his measurements too. 

This will be a huge weekend on the recruiting front as Midnight Madness hits a slew of big-time programs, including preseason No. 1 Kentucky, defending national champion UConn, Syracuse, Memphis, St. John’s, Georgetown, Indiana, Maryland, Providence, UNLV and others.

Here’s a look at who’s going where, with constant updates all weekend.

**One week after hosting their NBA Combine for 90 NBA personnel, Kentucky will follow it up with Big Blue Madness. The Wildcats are expected to host a Who’s Who of elite 2015 players, including Jaylen Brown, Brandon Ingram, Stephen Zimmerman and their lone 2015 commit, Charles Matthews. Also, 2016 stars Tyus Battle and Derryck Thornton, friends who have discussed playing together in college, will attend.

**UConn will host 2017 guard Nate Pierre-Louis of St. Benedict’s Prep, 2017 point guard Tremont Waters of South Kent and 2015 commits Jalen Adams and Steve Enoch.

**One week after hosting 2016 guard Tyus Battle and 2015 commit Malachi Richardson, Syracuse will have 2016 commit Matt Moyer, 2017 White Plains (N.Y.) Archbishop Stepinac wing Jordan Tucker, 2017 St. Benedict’s Prep guard Trevon Duval , 2017 Baltimore (MD) Clinton Christian small forward Melo Eggleston and 2018 Norristown (PA) shooting guard Cameron Reddish. Richardson and fellow 2015 commit Moustapha Diagne may also attend.

**St. John’s has a big weekend for their Red Storm Tip-Off as 2015 guards Isaiah Briscoe and Brandon Sampson will be on campus, as will 2015 forward Cheick Diallo.

**Memphis will host Skal Labissiere, KJ & Dedric Lawson, Nick Marshall, Edrice Adebayo, Tyler Cook, Randall Brodie, Jalen Fisher, Dillon Mitchell, Nych Smith, Micah Thomas, Jamario Rivers and Jalen Mcgaughy, per Evan Daniels.

**Georgetown hosts 2015 commits Jessie Govan and Marcus Derrickson, along with P.J. Dozier, Tacko Fall, DJ Harvey, Markelle Fultz and Anthony Cowan.

**Florida hosts 2015 small forward Keith Stone and 2016 wing Braxton Blackwell.

**Indiana hosts 2015 big man Thomas Bryant, among others.

**N.C. State will host 2016 combo guard Rawle Alkins, among others.

**Maryland is hosting Diamond Stone, Harry Giles, Jaylen Brantley, Bryce Aiken, Tyler Foster and Andre Rafus.

**Providence will have 2016 guards Bruce Brown and T.J. Gibbs, among others.

**Vermont Academy (VT) wings Corey Johnson and Ronnie Suggs will attend Rhode Island’s Midnight Madness, per Alex Kline.

**UNLV hosts 2015 Canadian point guard Jalen Poyser of Athlete Institute and 2015 wing Derrick Jones of Radnor (PA) Archbishop Carroll.

**Boston College has 2015 forward Markis McDuffie on campus.

**Arizona State has Tyler Dorsey on campus.

Damn I didn't know central was pulling in transfers like that 0_o ......they'll roll through the meac

Coaches Poll released....
[table][tr][td]1[/td][td]Kentucky[/td][td]29-11[/td][td]785[/td][td]24[/td][td]NR[/td][td]–[/td][td]–[/td][/tr][tr][td]2[/td][td]Arizona[/td][td]33-5[/td][td]746[/td][td]3[/td][td]NR[/td][td]–[/td][td]–[/td][/tr][tr][td]3[/td][td]Duke[/td][td]26-9[/td][td]715[/td][td]2[/td][td]NR[/td][td]–[/td][td]–[/td][/tr][tr][td]4[/td][td]Wisconsin[/td][td]30-8[/td][td]706[/td][td]3[/td][td]NR[/td][td]–[/td][td]–[/td][/tr][tr][td]5[/td][td]Kansas[/td][td]25-10[/td][td]654[/td][td]0[/td][td]NR[/td][td]–[/td][td]–[/td][/tr][tr][td]6[/td][td]North Carolina[/td][td]24-10[/td][td]598[/td][td]0[/td][td]NR[/td][td]–[/td][td]–[/td][/tr][tr][td]7[/td][td]Florida[/td][td]36-3[/td][td]568[/td][td]0[/td][td]NR[/td][td]–[/td][td]–[/td][/tr][tr][td]8[/td][td]Virginia[/td][td]30-7[/td][td]519[/td][td]0[/td][td]NR[/td][td]–[/td][td]–[/td][/tr][tr][td]9[/td][td]Louisville[/td][td]31-6[/td][td]507[/td][td]0[/td][td]NR[/td][td]–[/td][td]–[/td][/tr][tr][td]10[/td][td]Texas[/td][td]24-11[/td][td]479[/td][td]0[/td][td]NR[/td][td]–[/td][td]–[/td][/tr][tr][td]11[/td][td]Wichita State[/td][td]35-1[/td][td]471[/td][td]0[/td][td]NR[/td][td]–[/td][td]–[/td][/tr][tr][td]12[/td][td]Villanova[/td][td]29-5[/td][td]439[/td][td]0[/td][td]NR[/td][td]–[/td][td]–[/td][/tr][tr][td]13[/td][td]Gonzaga[/td][td]29-7[/td][td]423[/td][td]0[/td][td]NR[/td][td]–[/td][td]–[/td][/tr][tr][td]14[/td][td]Iowa St.[/td][td]28-8[/td][td]323[/td][td]0[/td][td]NR[/td][td]–[/td][td]–[/td][/tr][tr][td]15[/td][td]Connecticut[/td][td]32-8[/td][td]292[/td][td]0[/td][td]NR[/td][td]–[/td][td]–[/td][/tr][tr][td]16[/td][td]Virginia Commonwealth[/td][td]26-9[/td][td]259[/td][td]0[/td][td]NR[/td][td]–[/td][td]–[/td][/tr][tr][td]17[/td][td]San Diego State[/td][td]31-5[/td][td]251[/td][td]0[/td][td]NR[/td][td]–[/td][td]–[/td][/tr][tr][td]18[/td][td]Michigan State[/td][td]29-9[/td][td]241[/td][td]0[/td][td]NR[/td][td]–[/td][td]–[/td][/tr][tr][td]19[/td][td]Oklahoma[/td][td]23-10[/td][td]237[/td][td]0[/td][td]NR[/td][td]–[/td][td]–[/td][/tr][tr][td]20[/td][td]Ohio State[/td][td]25-10[/td][td]223[/td][td]0[/td][td]NR[/td][td]–[/td][td]–[/td][/tr][tr][td]21[/td][td]Nebraska[/td][td]19-13[/td][td]156[/td][td]0[/td][td]NR[/td][td]–[/td][td]–[/td][/tr][tr][td]22[/td][td]Southern Methodist Univ.[/td][td]27-10[/td][td]149[/td][td]0[/td][td]NR[/td][td]–[/td][td]–[/td][/tr][tr][td]23[/td][td]Michigan[/td][td]28-9[/td][td]139[/td][td]0[/td][td]NR[/td][td]–[/td][td]–[/td][/tr][tr][td]24[/td][td]Syracuse[/td][td]28-6[/td][td]128[/td][td]0[/td][td]NR[/td][td]–[/td][td]–[/td][/tr][tr][td]25[/td][td]Iowa[/td][td]20-13[/td][td]56[/td][td]0[/td][td]NR[/td][td]–[/td][/tr][/table]
Looks about right to me.

I would have Arizona #1 and UNC a bit higher, but it's the preseason ranking...doesn't matter.

Corey Johnson is DEAD eye shooter, a late bloomer, a little RJ Hunter-y potential.

Jaylen Poysner had a great summer, getting sheppered to UNLV like the rest of the Findlay kids,

Ranking are cool, I'd flip UCONN and NOVA but that's about all.

Been hearing good things about Brimah in camp, kid will make the league when it's said and done.

Rankings aren't too bad. I'd switch Florida with Gonzaga. I also like Arkansas more than Nebraska, but I'm a Tim Miles fan.

In a weak SEC, I'd hope that Arkansas could make it. Depends on if Bobby Portis makes that leap this year I would think.

If LSU can even get a semblance of guard play, they could be decent too. Mickey is going to have a huge year I think and expect Jarelll Martin to play better as well. Just don't see who will get them the ball though. Even their best guard, that kid from Kentucky with the gold's is gone, he transferred I believe.

SEC is weak though no doubt about it.

Also curious about Virginia, with Lousiville/Cuse now there life gets no easier for them. I know they have a lot of guys but Joe Harris did so much for them I'm curious how they replace that guy. I'ma Bennet beliver but we'll see.

Last edited:
Arkansas only plays UF, UK and LSU one time each. They shouldn't lose more than 7 games headed into selection sunday with that weak schedule.

In a weak SEC, I'd hope that Arkansas could make it. Depends on if Bobby Portis makes that leap this year I would think.

If LSU can even get a semblance of guard play, they could be decent too. Mickey is going to have a huge year I think and expect Jarelll Martin to play better as well. Just don't see who will get them the ball though. Even their best guard, that kid from Kentucky with the gold's is gone, he transferred I believe.

SEC is weak though no doubt about it.

Also curious about Virginia, with Lousiville/Cuse now there life gets no easier for them. I know they have a lot of guys but Joe Harris did so much for them I'm curious how they replace that guy. I'ma Bennet beliver but we'll see.

They didn't renew the scholly :rofl:

Love Brimah, potential is THERE. Will love to watch UCONN with my son Hamilton :pimp:

What do the Sparties have that makes them better than Michigan? Branden "table puncher" Dawson and....? Valentine? Trice? [ozzie guillen] psh..please[/ozzie guillen]

Whatever. Preseason polls don't really matter, but come on with the continual Izzo overrating. Yes, he's had a great career, but right now today, Beliein> Izzo. UM> MSU.

B10 is kind of a mess 2-10. Don't want to say the league is necessarily weak - I think teams like Minnesota, Nebraska, Iowa and Illinois are all in for good years - but the challenge for Wisconsin is. (I would go Michigan #2 though, too). MSU got saved by Forbes getting his waiver this year.

LSU brought in Josh Gray and had a kid from UNC-Asheville red-shirting last year for their back-court. Can't really see them being a downgrade from Hickey/Stringer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom