The College Basketball Post

Harvard as some little known ivy league basketball school is so 10 years ago...they always get their respect

Can't wait for ivy league conference games tho :pimp:

Last edited:
Yea, Harvard gets attention now. Still not as much as they probably should, but they're hardly overlooked anymore. Siyani might make an AA team this year.

I'm not saying no one knows Harvard is good, im just giving recruiting info that assumed that very few in here cares about. :lol:

It's down to butler and harvard, the internets say harvard.

:lol:

Might as well stay at the crib dog. Damn.

I was actually able cop 4 tickets in section 335 after struggling like a hyped NDC release for a half hour. Called later and cancelled to get a refund. Now my roommate saying I'm an idiot and could have sold them and made a $100 profit. Think I'll just pay the premium for some ok seats at this point if there's nothing decent on the general public sale tomorrow. Missed out last year and really wanna go this year.

bunch of randomness I wrote down to keep track of that I'm looking forward to
65 RANDOM THINGS I’M EXCITED TO SEE.

Duke’s utilization of Okafor.

Kentucky – specifically Ulis pushing Andrew Harrison.

Terry Rozier and if Wayne Blackshear actually has flipped a switch.

Oubre & Alexander get the headlines. But looking forward to D. Graham.

UC Irvine and Luke Nelson.

Vince Hunter.

Rashad Vaughn, Dwayne Morgan and Goodluck O.

Keifer Sykes.

Deshaun Morman & Kevin Johnson.

Aaron Thomas as an under the radar ACC POY candidate.

Does Arizona have enough playmaking and shooting in their backcourt?

D’Angelo Russell.

Norman Powell.

How many points can Joseph Young average?

Terry Larrier.

Robert Johnson & James Blackmon.

JP Tokoto’s defense.

Hield, Cousins and Woodard.

Winston Shepard and SDSU’s team defense.

Trey Lewis and Cleveland State.

AJ English and David Laury.

Jordan Mickey & Jarrell Martin.

Landry Nnoko.

Notre Dame’s offense.

Frank Martin taking a big step forward with SC.

Caris LeVert.

Utah.

Tyrone Wallace pushing for first team Pac 12.

Georgetown’s freshman.

Tyler Haws.

A Healthy Kris Dunn.

Nebraska’s frontline and defense.

Melo Trimble.

Austin Nichols.

Monte Morris leading ISU’s offense.

Trevor Lacely, Lennard Freeman, Abudl Malik-Abu and a talented NC State team.

Colorado pushing Arizona.

Kourtney Roberson.

If Butler gets back to their roots. Being annoyingly good.

Daniel Mullings.

Isaiah Whitehead, Angel Delgado & Desi Rodriguez.

Myles Mack’s last go-round.

EC Matthews, Jordan Hare, Biruta & URI.

Temple bouncing back with Cummings, Decosey and Bond.

Toledo.

Ousmane Drame.

Auburn and Bruce Pearl.

Marquis Wright.

Reid Travis.

Marcus Foster & Wesley Iwundu.

Cam Ridley.

Ron Baker & Fred VanVleet.

Can Gonzaga finally break through?

Daniel Hamilton.

Markus Kennedy.

Purdue getting back to basics.

Jordan Woodard.

Penn State’s improvement.

Miami transfers + JaQuan Newton.

Cameron Payne.

Villanova’s Top 6.

Detrick Mostella.

Few more random ones to add:

- Skinny Kennedy Meeks 

- Octavius Ellis flashing a lot of versatility in Cincy

- How Kelvin Sampson gets those guys going in Houston. Could be surprisingly good, or very combustible with some of the character risks he took.

- Who Indiana's coach is next season

- Rysheed out in Queens 

-  SMU's younger guys with a year under their belt. Hope Markus Kennedy gets eligible 

- Kasey Hill

Anyone got some good breakout players to watch out for??
"Svi" getting a lot of attention at KU. 17 year old freshman from Ukraine.

Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk is his name..."SVEE-AUTO-SLAWVE ME-KAI-LUKE" is how you pronounce it...goes by Svi ("SVEE")

Reminds me of Nik Stauskas.

Dozier is more of a two guard right? Cause they all ready got my guy Donovan in there for next year.

Can't waitttt for this season to start. So amped. I talked to Allen on twitter bout it already but G-Town/IU two days after Christmas if any of the NY heads are going to be around.

Also, OKB, not to pick on you but your boy Trey Burkeeeeee might be a lot more DJ Augustin then you ever wanted to believe a few years back :lol:

Anyone got some good breakout players to watch out for??

Malik Abu should have a nice freshman year at N.C. State.

Sindarius Thornwell didn't shoot a high percentage last season at South Carolina, but he should improve and average 16-17 points a game this season.

SC, Gtown and Lville all have told Dozier he's their PG. Michigan was iffy on that and UNC said no.

Dozier is more of a two guard right? Cause they all ready got my guy Donovan in there for next year.

Can't waitttt for this season to start. So amped. I talked to Allen on twitter bout it already but G-Town/IU two days after Christmas if any of the NY heads are going to be around.

Also, OKB, not to pick on you but your boy Trey Burkeeeeee might be a lot more DJ Augustin then you ever wanted to believe a few years back :lol:

Right now I stand by the evaluation...not sure i could have foreseen him forgetting how to shoot.

Ive always belived legit PG's who can shoot 3's accurately off the dribble are sure fire NBA contributors, I sitll believe that.

His career hinged on him being a dead eye off the dribble 3 point shooter like he was in college to make up for his lack of first step but he's forgotten how to shoot in the NBA, he has to shoot well.

DJ different type of bust , he has a first step but zero PG skills.

Last edited:
Random

I feel like UNLV is a disaster waiting to happened, mismatched pieces, a poor coach in Dave Rice and a gunner who can monopolize the ball like Rashad Vaughn seems like a combustible mix. Dave Rice is lucky he has the Findlay connect

Can't wait to see the former fat boy Keendy Meeks.

I still think Okafor is going to have a historically dominant season but Im now realizing I have never seen Coach K with a dominant big man...

Last edited:
Random

I feel like UNLV is a disaster waiting to happened, mismatched pieces, a poor coach in Dave Rice and a gunner who can monopolize the ball like Rashad Vaughn seems like a combustible mix. Dave Rice is lucky he has the Findlay connect

Can't wait to see the former fat boy Keendy Meeks.

I still think Okafor is going to have a historically dominant season but Im now realizing I have never seen Coach K with a dominant big man...

Does Elton Brand count?

Shelden's Sr. season?

We played through both of them.

I don't think Duke has ever quite had a lineup/roster like this one.

Brand (Langdon, Avery) Williams (Redick), Boozer (Williams, Dunleavy), Plumlee (Curry) were featured but the other guys still ended up getting more shots and didn't really work inside-out. Probably the first time you can double a post player on Duke and not compromise yourself if he's playing alongside Jefferson and Winslow most of the time. I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually go super small at 3/4 and squeeze Amile out to get more spacing.

It'll be interesting.

Back
Top Bottom