The College Basketball Post

Mark Singelais ‏@MarkSingelais 5m
Siena announces that Sr. C Imoh Silas is out for the season with a torn ACL in his right knee. MRI came back today. #sienasaints

In addition to being Siena's fourth-leading rebounder, Silas' 1.7 blocks per game was a top 90 mark in all of D-I. Every other Saint last year averaged 0.9 blocks or fewer.

Siena news has intertwined with my anticipation for the college basketball season, and here I am, informing about nothing anybody cares about :lol:

Last edited:

Anyone got some good breakout players to watch out for??
Not all "breakout." But a few you might not know that will do well.

•Deonte Burton - Marquette

•Mike Young - Pitt

•Sheldon McCellan - Miami

•Melo Trimble - Maryland

•Aaron Thomas - Wake

•Monte Morris - Iowa State

•Winston Shepard - SDSU

•Shavon Shields - Nebraska

•Cullen Neal - New Mexico

•Jabari Bird - Cal

•Justin Anderson - UVA

•Jared Uthoff - Iowa

Missing a lot, and AI would know more small school guys than me.

Michigan
Derrick Walton and Zak Irvin to take the Frosh to Soph jump that Beilien has had success with the past couple years.

We'll have to see I'm skeptical of this Zak Irvin leap, he's a good player, but I don't see the shot creation ability.

Caris Levert has a big load to carry.

Michigan
Derrick Walton and Zak Irvin to take the Frosh to Soph jump that Beilien has had success with the past couple years.
We'll have to see I'm skeptical of this Zak Irvin leap, he's a good player, but I don't see the shot creation ability.

Caris Levert has a big load to carry.

You might be right. Walton tho showed up big in some big games last year. I think with Stauskas and those other guys gone he won't have to defer like he did and I think he could potentially be all B1G.

That piece of garbage Buzz Williams left Wojo with no size . Marquette should struggle to rebound all season.

Buzz is a piece of garbage?

Just saw that CBSSports piece on Skal Labissere's handler. Filthy. 

Last edited:
I like kaleb joseph game so far.

Chris Mcculugh kid should beast

Christmas will be the most important player to the team. They had McCullough shifting to the center spot in the zone against Carleton when Christmas got in early foul trouble. He is 6'10" but obviously not as experienced as Christmas is playing that defensive position. Christmas is an anchor down there in the middle. Need him to stay out of foul trouble.

Last edited:
I'm not buying the recent 'Indiana is underrated' headlines.

Many are predicting a huge season out of Sam Dekker with some of the physical progression he made. He's bulked up considerably and it's reportedly helped almost every aspect of his game due to his style of play.

Interested in Maryland's first year in the Big Ten.

Minnesota is a strange team if you haven't really been up on them yet this year. A lot of players that seem to be odd fits together. Canadian Mo Walker is incredibly skilled but a much better defensive center, Elliot Eliason, will start ahead of him. Eliason has been a helpful big since his freshman season but he's just who he is, and that's just fine really. I just wish they could play together because the 4-spot is much more of a question mark. Not a Joey King fan, and I have a lot of hope for Josh Martin but he's likely not ready this year.

Then, they have Nate Mason who many have said would've been a recruit that garnered the likes of Izzo, Self, etc. had he been three inches taller. Carlos Morris will start at SG and has been the biggest positive throughout the scrimmages and lone exhibition game.

Rick Pitino's Louisville Cardinals vs. Rich Pitino's Minnesota Gophers, Friday, 6:30p CT in Puerto Rico. :pimp:

IU is going to score - but I don't think enough to get in the top half of the B10.

I think Minnesota can keep it close Friday. Matheiu can handle pressure and that's half the battle vs L'Ville. Hope daquein mcneil fits into a 6th man role, he knows how to play.

@BenSimmons25 

All done. Signed to Louisiana State University [emoji]128047[/emoji][emoji]128047[/emoji][emoji]128047[/emoji] #GeauxTigers #LSU 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom