The College Basketball Post

Pabs, got any food r commendations for Seattls? Out here for the next week or so

Zippy's Burgers
D!ck's Burgers
Uneeda's
Ivar's
Lola
Mario's Pizza
Pagliacci's
World Pizza
Lunchbox Lab

most of those spots are in the downtown area except a few

Well, didn't think Iowa State would lose even one game this week...they lost two 
pimp.gif

Rock Chalk. Didn't look great against Texas but I've came to the conclusion this KU team just isn't that good. 
ohwell.gif

Dom Pointer deserves strong consideration for BE POY, kid does so much for that squad. Team plays better when D'Angelo takes a back seat.

Good luck relying on Josh Smith come March. G'Town's freshman just aren't there yet and besides D'Vauntes not a single one you can count on to score.

agreed pointer is the x factor for this squad

Consideration is a word admitting he doesn't deserve Big East POY.

Association with Big East POY sounds better than the other alternatives though, when highlighting how a given player did in a given year..

I was at MSG for the game. I've been saying it for a while now - No player on SJU over the last decade has made a bigger leap in progression in his overall game as much as Dom Pointer.

I think he is our MVP, I doubt anyone is as important to their teams success and heart as he is to SJU.

He is our only true NBA prospect. Harrison is just a shooter, and Obekpa is just a blocker.

Dom is a 5 tool player. Been a joy to watch his game improve and evolve.

Last edited:
Sheed sexual assult investigation. :smh:

https://www.dukechronicle.com/artic...ault-allegations-prior-dismissal#.VPSFHeHP4_P

Coach K tried to duck that summer jam screen appointment. Well it's about to be rescheduled once the media digs into this.

wait...wait..wait...what was Coach K to do? If I am reading this correctly; this was an allegation that was never reported as a crime nor reported to the bball department in any official capacity. They basically got wind of a rumor.

If he asked homeboy and he said, "Coach...I didn't do it" and they investigated and the females weren't talking, what was the bball program to do? Suspend/kick him off the team for a rumor?

I'm not saying he didn't do it and only him and the females know what really went down...but I don't see how Duke gets into any hot water over this. Somebody enlighten me... :nerd:

P.S. - I hate Duke by the way...

Sheed sexual assult investigation.
mean.gif

https://www.dukechronicle.com/artic...ault-allegations-prior-dismissal#.VPSFHeHP4_P

Coach K tried to duck that summer jam screen appointment. Well it's about to be rescheduled once the media digs into this.
wait...wait..wait...what was Coach K to do? If I am reading this correctly; this was an allegation that was never reported as a crime nor reported to the bball department in any official capacity. They basically got wind of a rumor.

If he asked homeboy and he said, "Coach...I didn't do it" and they investigated and the females weren't talking, what was the bball program to do? Suspend/kick him off the team for a rumor?

I'm not saying he didn't do it and only him and the females know what really went down...but I don't see how Duke gets into any hot water over this. Somebody enlighten me...
nerd.gif

P.S. - I hate Duke by the way...
This could be why

I'm not all too familiar with Title IX but a quote from the Deadspin article
Title IX laws require almost all university employees to report any sexual assault allegations they have knowledge of to a supervisor, campus police, or the Student Conduct office, even if no official complaint has been lodged. In this case, the two students who claimed to have been assaulted by Sulaimon had painfully familiar reasoning for choosing not to formally file complaints.

Last edited:
Title IX laws require almost all university employees to report any sexual assault allegations they have knowledge of to a supervisor, campus police, or the Student Conduct office, even if no official complaint has been lodged. In this case, the two students who claimed to have been assaulted by Sulaimon had painfully familiar reasoning for choosing not to formally file complaints.

WOW didn't know that. Seems to me that could easily be abused. What's to stop anybody from saying I "heard" Jinkazama raped somebody? Even if that's completely untrue? I get trying to protect the victims and catch the real perps but man an ALLEGATION like that could ruin somebody's life. Especially in this age of social media...

they're gonna throw this one as much under the radar as they can. sketchy, but they're going to do anything to do to keep coach k clean.

what are some sites you guys use come selection sunday to help learn more about teams/matchups (if that makes sense)?

Via a Deadspin comment...

Does ...allegations were also brought to the attention of Sue Wasiolek, assistant vice president of student affairs and dean of students....

qualify as having been reported to a supervisor? How much farther up the administration ladder did it need to go? If Wasiolek knew about them, does that mean the athletic department could consider the matter having been reported?

This is old news. The rumors were going around the day he was dismissed. Knew an article was coming as certain media outlets were trying to get interviews and dog into it. Same broad was going around that day he was dismissed spouting off nonsense on twitter.

If this had traction or there was anything to it why would Sheed still be a student at Duke?(which he is)

Sheed was dismissed for a culmination of things and not just this allegation.

If it was serious then the girl would've went to the police ala Chris Jones. That's my only question

To think that K and administration would know about this if he actually did rape someone and allow him to stay on the team and at the university and protect him is crazy. No high major coach would allow that. They knew of the accusations but without the girl coming forward or filing a report I'm not sure what could be done. This could be a reason Sheed was on his final straw with whatever his last **** up was.

None of the team was surprised of his dismissal and to quote guys in the know on scout, they weren't losing any sleep over it

Schools don't normally kick students out of school for accusations. Not sure how Duke does it but I've seen plenty student athletes off teams yet still enrolled

This is old news. The rumors were going around the day he was dismissed. Knew an article was coming as certain media outlets were trying to get interviews and dog into it. Same broad was going around that day he was dismissed spouting off nonsense on twitter.

If this had traction or there was anything to it why would Sheed still be a student at Duke?(which he is)

Sheed was dismissed for a culmination of things and not just this allegation.

If it was serious then the girl would've went to the police ala Chris Jones. That's my only question

To think that K and administration would know about this if he actually did rape someone and allow him to stay on the team and at the university and protect him is crazy. No high major coach would allow that. They knew of the accusations but without the girl coming forward or filing a report I'm not sure what could be done. This could be a reason Sheed was on his final straw with whatever his last **** up was.

None of the team was surprised of his dismissal and to quote guys in the know on scout, they weren't losing any sleep over it
They said feared blacklash from the fan base. 

Sexual assault is vastly under reported in this country and for it to be not reported is more of the norm than vice versa

Back
Top Bottom