The College Basketball Post

I don't really think it was Beilien but I know he had been recruiting Devin Booker since like 8th grade and then Cal came through with an offer and screwed everything up for us.

Forgot that Cal got Jeff Teague a multimillion dollar Nike deal when he was still a bench player to seal the deal with Marquise :lol:

Last edited:
Could it be Terrance Jones and Lorenzo Romar?

Not sure if the timeline fits or if Cal was late to Jones...just know that Jones was committed to Washington, then decommitted and obviously went to UK.

Last edited:
Could it be Terrance Jones and Lorenzo Romar?

Not sure if the timeline fits or if Cal was late to Jones...just know that Jones was committed to Washington, then decommitted and obviously went to UK.

This was my original thought,then once somebody dug up the original story from Kentucky Sports Radio,it mentioned Cronin and Teague by name so idk...Like somebody already said this story has been told and retold so many times I don't know if we will ever know the 100% accurate version....

I know nobody cares but if anybody was wondering Louisville is 0-4 so far in their exhibition games in Puerto Rico

Yea, the Cronin story is that Cronin was mad that Cal used his power with Nike to get Jeff Teague a multimillion dollar deal. Not "against the rules", I guess, but he definitely didn't make those comments to Mick. Mick's brother said that Mick would've snuffed him if that happened (hard to believe, but he is from the Westside
laugh.gif
). I feel like it's just a game of telephone at this point. 

Yea, the Cronin story is that Cronin was mad that Cal used his power with Nike to get Jeff Teague a multimillion dollar deal. Not "against the rules", I guess, but he definitely didn't make those comments to Mick. Mick's brother said that Mick would've snuffed him if that happened (hard to believe, but he is from the Westside :lol: ). I feel like it's just a game of telephone at this point. 
I feel the same about the game of telephone....I still don't see Cronin washing anybody :lol: but at the same time I like to picture him posted up in the rougher parts of 'Nati, dudes heavy in the streets in Avondale :lol:

UNC self reported violations in men's soccer and women's basketball,:lol: throw them under the bus to ensure the men's program....Smooth move

E,

Did you know Gabe Pruitt's brother? I forget his name, but he went to Artesia for a year or two before transferring to VP.

On another note:

Here’s the prologue in short: Parrish says there was a prominent coach within the last three years that had been recruiting a kid hard, attended over thirty of his games over two years, etc. Calipari came in after seeing the kid once the previous summer and watched him play one game. The recruit then committed to Kentucky. That’s not the craziest part. According to Parrish, the coach started spreading rumors about how Cal must have cheated to get the recruit, that he barely knew his name, etc. So, Cal confronted the coach in Vegas.

Parrish recounts the story, which he says he heard from five different sources:

“100% true, John confronts this guy in Vegas, because he heard the guy was yapping. He confronts him. Cal approaches the coach and says something like ‘Listen, I know what you’ve been saying’

‘No, I haven’t been saying–‘

‘I know you did, I know you said what you said. I’ve heard it from enough people, but I want you to understand one thing. Yes I am the type of guy who can come in at the last minute and take any player I want from you. You can spend your whole life recruiting a kid and at the end of the day, if I want him, I’ll get him. If we want him, we’ll get him. Don’t ever get that confused. Be appreciative every time I don’t come in and get your guy. Don’t accuse me of cheating when I do.

‘I didn’t say–‘

‘Yes you did say that. And it’s fine, but just understand, nothing stupid went on. It’s just that I’m me, and we’re Kentucky and we can come in and get that kid whenever we want.”
http://kentuckysportsradio.com/main/gary-parrish-just-told-the-most-john-calipari-story-ever/

:lol: :x

This was definitely Cal x Cronin.

I remember this story, not in these exact same words, being posted somewhere else on the net.

Any of yall heard of Shamorie Ponds?? Plays at Jefferson here in BK.. Kid is legit. Going into his Senior high school season.. Interested to see what he does from here on out

Any of yall heard of Shamorie Ponds?? Plays at Jefferson here in BK.. Kid is legit. Going into his Senior high school season.. Interested to see what he does from here on out

One lof my favs in the 16 class, stocks going to keep going up. Was relatively unkown going into the summer.
Y

UNC self reported violations in men's soccer and women's basketball,
laugh.gif
throw them under the bus to ensure the men's program....Smooth move
i actually heard a couple months ago that the mens team's punishment is going to be a lot lighter than most think

i actually heard a couple months ago that the mens team's punishment is going to be a lot lighter than most think

Women's bball program is gonna get hit hard. Men's may look at one year of postseason ban and loss of scholarships. No banners will come down

Seen Mohamed Bamba play yesterday and when that kid puts on some weight, he is going to be really, really, really good.

Darren Wolfson @DWolfsonKSTP 1m
Hopkins 2016 Amir Coffey has 2 visits booked: #Gophers first weekend of Sept. & Texas third weekend of Sept. Saw him recently. Looked solid.

Terrance Ferguson to Bama. Good for that program and Avery Johnson.

Sucks for KU, man. Everyone thought they had him all-set like 4-5 months ago.

Back
Top Bottom