The College Basketball Post

All this KU slander in here...
mean.gif

1. Winning a regular season title has nothing to do with tourney success. Tourney is a single elimination draw. The best team doesn't always win in a single elimination format. Regular season you are playing just about everyone and for the last couple of years the Big 12 has been on a round robin where you do play everyone. The fact that KU has won outright or shared in a conference that has featured Beasley, Griffin and Durant is beyond impressive to me. Not to mention for the last 12 years the Big 12 has been one of the best conferences.

2. Do I wish we had more tourney success...absolutely but that doesn't take away anything from winning a conference for the last 12 years when you have a target on your back every single night. Do I wish Bill had more success in March / April absolutely but you compare his tourney numbers against Coach K, Izzo, etc they are all about the same. On the whole the Big 12 should be doing better than they recently have in the tourney but that regular season schedule is a blood bath. You don't get a night off anymore. Teams start to wear down and in March you have one bad night you are done.

3. Diallo...if you want to talk about over hyped he would certainly fall under that category. Certainly things could and probably would have been different had he been cleared immediately but he was a project to begin with. In college, playing against grown men you can't just simply run up and down the court and dunk anymore. It isn't that simple. I certainly had doubts about Self's rotation (ask @TVobach) early on and the lack of PT him and Bragg were getting but Self is around those guys every single day, every single practice. He certainly has a better grasp of what is going on within that program and how guys are / are not developing.
1. Agreed 100% ...especially now that they are playing round-robin.

2. I'm the first to admit the Big 12 has failed in the tournament in recent years - last year was really bad. But, Self does his thing in the tournament compared to other greats. Also, when you think about it, almost every school will have down years. KU has been a 1, 2 or 3 seed in the tournament the last 10 years (including this year).

3. Diallo was over-hyped, way too raw and has absolutely no postgame/basketball IQ. Self was right in playing Lucas all along, because he's been a phenomenal role-player the last month of the season.

Helllll no. Big 12 has some teams that have successful season thus far for sure. They have 6 in the top 25 (Texas shouldn't be in top 25 
mean.gif
) 5 Big Ten teams. Idk B I feel like Big 12 teams are always overrated come the Big Dance. 

On another note, what's up with Diallo? Why doesn't he play that much?
If you don't know why Diallo doesn't play much, I feel like you don't watch much college basketball - therefore, your argument of "the big 12 is garbage" is lame.

Just because I don't watch your garbage *** team play all the time doesn't mean I don't watch college bball (Although I do like Perry Ellis's game like I mentioned earlier). I don't think anyone ever says "I can't wait to watch Kansas play today". At least not round my way. Still doesn't take away the fact that Big 12 conference is trash. Yall gonna lose in the second round again for the third straight year?

Kansas is like that bad ***** you see in the bar but then when you get her home take off her pants her punani smells like fishsticks. But I guess you can't win everytime.

Last edited:
 Just because I don't watch your garbage *** team play all the time doesn't mean I don't watch college bball (Although I do like Perry Ellis's game like I mentioned earlier). I don't think anyone ever says "I can't wait to watch Kansas play today". At least not round my way. Still doesn't take away the fact that Big 12 conference is trash. Yall gonna lose in the second round again for the third straight year?

Kansas is like that bad ***** you see in the bar but then when you get her home take off her pants her punani smells like fishsticks. But I guess you can't win everytime.
Dude. Quit trolling.

#1 team in the country, #1 overall seed as of today...but they're garbage.

And, if you say that you never wake up and think "I can't wait to watch KU play today", I'm assuming you don't watch the rest of the conference then?

Last edited:
This is the most I've seen anyone talk about KU. Usually when the two KU fans in this thread post about their team it is crickets. Ya'll got some attention. Be happy.

Self has slid the program into the friend zone.

Dude. Quit trolling.

#1 team in the country, #1 overall seed as of today...but they're garbage.

And, if you say that you never wake up and think "I can't wait to watch KU play today", I'm assuming you don't watch the rest of the conference then?
I've caught a few games Big 12 games but Big Ten gets most of my attention. Kansas been putting in work but I wouldn't be surprised if they lost in the second round again. 

Last night Skal looked like he has actually played the game of basketball before. Has to be a good sign for Kentucky...

to be real Kentucky could go on a Kemba and Lamb Uconn run and win the chip this year. Thats how wide open this season is, i dont think there is a heavy weight champion this year. 

Tyler and Murray could carry this team. 

Last edited:

to be real Kentucky could go on a Kemba and Lamb Uconn run and win the chip this year. Thats how wide open this season is, i dont think there is a heavy weight champion this year. 
Agreed about there not being a heavy weight champion. The parity in college bball has been great. Wish College FB would do the same somehow someway. 

LOL at KU losing in the 2nd round.

They're the only team I have faith in to win it all.
I mean, they did lose to a 12-18 team by 19 points. They are certainly one of the best teams in the country, but I wouldn't be surprised whatsoever if they lost in the 2nd round. I wouldn't be surprised if any of these top teams did honestly...

Last edited:
exactly...on a neutral floor anybody this year can be beat. 

i had Maryland earlier this year but they have falling off a cliff now. 

The rationality on this page is spot on. Yes, I am a KU fan but I will be the first to admit that we have flaws. Fortunately for us so does every other team that is 'projected' to win it all. It is cliche to say but we could easily win the whole thing or we could lose in the first weekend. In a single elimination format anything can happen - that is the beauty and the frustrating aspect of the Tourney.

i had Maryland earlier this year but they have falling off a cliff now. 
If Melo can get back to normal, I could see us winning it all. If he keeps playing like he has over the last month or so, we'll lose to Valpo or somebody like that first round...

They are giving out absolute fire t-shirts for Kris Dunns senior night tonight at the dunk

Must be nice to play in a garbage conference
I don't think the Big 12 will do very well in the tournament, but this guy is talking about a garbage conference.  Must be nice to play in a diluted league with the likes of Minnesota and Rutgers along with the two P5 programs (Nebraska & Northwestern) that have never won an NCAA tournament game.   

Didn't read the last two pages... But

The only conference with a longer natty drought is the pac 12. Big ten and then pac 12 lol.

Back
Top Bottom