The College Basketball Post

What was the experience like?? Thinking about going this next one.

I would say some of it depends a bit on if you've been to Hawaii before or not. I've been lucky, and have been many times in my life. Hawaii is a really fun place, and Maui is more of a resort type of Hawaiian destination. When you're not going to the games, you're most likely going to be on the beach/hotel or checking out other great scenery.

If you're into great nightlife / city action, or hanging out with young people, it's likely to be a snooze fest.

However, if you are going with friends/family, and you're there to relax it should be a great time.

As for the basketball, that is also entertaining. The teams are usually all very good, and the gym that they play in is very small. It has more of a large high school game setting to it, than major college teams.

I'd highly recommend it.

Thanks man.

Haven’t been to Hawaii, but looks like I’ll be meeting my family there and flying from Switzerland.

Won’t be going out at night as I’ll be with them and they don’t drink lol.

I been a Duke fan since Hurley's freshman season and I'm disgusted

Why? Been a duke fan since 97. Doesn’t bother me a great deal. Most programs deal with this to some extent. Seems like the 1 year rule won’t be around much longer, maybe that’ll help those that aren’t fans of players not staying. I doubt it though.

Andrew is a pass first point guard with a funny hitch in his shot . How is Tyler Ennis the best comparison you can come up with ?

I think it's pretty spot on tbh.

Tyler and Andrew are both

- Pass first point guards who lack elite court vision.

Basically, they are smart low turnover guards who can make all the reads but lack the elite court vision to make those elite high value passes that other players don't see.
Lonzo has ELITE court vision, makes the right reads, but also can make those unique passes that only a few players can see.

- Fluid but ultimately average athletes

lack burst, first step and leaping ability, but smooth and fluid and can change speeds, and direction in the paint.

Lonzo on the other had, is an above average athlete, but lacks that fluidity, and ability to change speeds/direction.

- Smart anticipatory defenders.

Lack physical tools, but use smarts, and anticipation to make be effective defenders.
The same goes for Lonzo but he's bigger so he can have more of an impact contesting shots/

- Can make spot 3's but struggle shooting off the dribble.

Tyler's mechanical issues weren't as glaring as Andrews but they both wind up with basically the same results. They are reliable spot shooters, but struggle off the dribble.

- Can't finish at the rim.
- the lack of athleticism makes it tough to finish at the rim.
Lonzo a better athlete and could finish in college,

The reason I say Tyler Ennis lite, is that Tyler was a bit more dynamic/argressive, has longer arms and was a craftier finisher.

but they are the same type of player just Tyler is better.

Why? Been a duke fan since 97. Doesn’t bother me a great deal. Most programs deal with this to some extent. Seems like the 1 year rule won’t be around much longer, maybe that’ll help those that aren’t fans of players not staying. I doubt it though.

I really got no problem with it , Coach K is trying to squeeze in as much title runs as he can before he checks out . If UF got Scottie Lewis and Vernon Carney I'd be happy , even if it was just for one season .

NT’s favorite, Malik Newman to no surprise has declared for the draft and will sign with an agent.

Im not sure if Nick Ward returns to msi next season. He declared but didn't hire an agent, but he could transfer or go to Europe I guess.

"Kentucky head coach John Calipari is completing an in home visit today with five star junior Tyrese Maxey."

I hope they get him , I want Scottie Lewis at Florida

Last edited:
"Vernon Carey Jr., will host Michigan State head coach Tom Izzo today for an in home visit".

"Five star junior Matt Hurt will host Duke’s Mike Krzyzewski and UNC’s Roy Williams today for an in-home visit, per source. Bill Self and John Calipari expected in tomorrow '.

"I wish him well," Boeheim said. "I hope he does great. But I don't think it's the way it will be. I think it will be proven it's not the way to get to the NBA. ... The last 48 McDonald's All-Americans, 47 of them went to college. Of the next 48, 48 will go to college. It's the best route."

"Trae Young is the best example," Boeheim said. "If he came out last year he's the 30th pick in the draft. Maybe. He goes to college, he's at worst in the Top 10 because college helps you. I don't understand why everybody, everybody, doesn't say and see college really helps. Even if you are only there one year, it helps you get better. If you are really good, it gives you a platform. If you are not really good, you can see 'I've got to get better.'

"The G-League will never take that spot. I don't believe the NBA wants it to take that spot. It's very hard now to go from the G-League to the NBA because every NBA team has 17 players. The G-League has 300 players in it. How many of those guys, where is the room in the NBA for those guys? There isn't room."

Big Mad

Potential recruits that could be OAD for Duke:

Antoine
Anthony
Carey

With the group of Stewart, Girard, Moore, Baker, Hurt being around longer

Last edited:
woody2626 woody2626 : They better turn it up for Carey , he could be picking a school in the next 5 months

I agree. Ground to be made up. MSU sits in good shape. They’re going all in on a Stewart/Carey combo and have pushed Bacot to the back burner which probably drives him to unc.

They’re in home with him tonight.

It's gotta feel weird to be told you are a "priority" from any coach this late in the game. Like "I wasn't a priority before, but now I am because other people turned you down" (or whatever the reason may be). Not saying it's not true, or a legit selling point. It's just gotta feel weird

Back
Top Bottom