The College Basketball Post

2 titles in 3 years gonna definitely help Jay Wright steal some 5 stars off UNC, Kansas, and Duke. He has a system that makes players wanna buy into and a pro style offense that players love to play in.

Last perrenial 5 star recruit that unc got was Harrison Barnes. That was almost 10 years ago.

Who are all these 5 stars UNC has been getting lately?

Nasir Little, Jordan Brown, and Coby White. Those are all 5 star recruits. White is one of the top rated PG's in the country and is a Mcdonalds All American along with Little. And they could potentially add Ej Montgomery who is another 5 star player. Let's not act like Carolina ain't out here gettin theirs.

Nasir Little, Jordan Brown, and Coby White. Those are all 5 star recruits. White is one of the top rated PG's in the country and is a Mcdonalds All American along with Little. And they could potentially add Ej Montgomery who is another 5 star player. Let's not act like Carolina ain't out here gettin theirs.

Honestly the last couple of years compared to duke, UK, or Kansas they’ve been slacking. They use to get a guaranteed top 5 player per class every year. They just haven’t done it. I’m sure the threat of the African American studies program causing suspension of scholarships and maybe even a ban from the tourney had a lot to do with it. But unc hasn’t been getting the talent the unc got those first 5-8 years of Roy’s tenure.

Honestly the last couple of years compared to duke, UK, or Kansas they’ve been slacking. They use to get a guaranteed top 5 player per class every year. They just haven’t done it. I’m sure the threat of the African American studies program causing suspension of scholarships and maybe even a ban from the tourney had a lot to do with it. But unc hasn’t been getting the talent the unc got those first 5-8 years of Roy’s tenure.

They haven't gotten as many 1 and done's as Duke and Kansas, but they've gotten plenty of talent. They freaking cut down the nets last year with Joel Barry, Theo Pinson, Justin Jackson, and Kennedy Meeks. And they were all Mcdonald's All Americans who were 5 star, blue chip recruits. They may face sanctions but it won't effect their status. UNC is a blue blood program and brand unto itself. They will always be able to get top players. Roy knows how to get the best out of 5 star 3-4 year players. The league has a good number of his players.

What was Jackson and Berry ?

They were 5 star top 10 recruits?

They just aren’t the eye popping players they use to get. Marvin Williams , sure a nba bust, but was a top 2 recruit. Harrison Barnes was supposed to be the next big thing, even compared to kobe in college. They just haven’t gotten those eye popping players is what I’m saying. I agree they have gotten the good 3-4 year 4-5 star recruit but something is just missing. Either the talent isn’t developing like it should or something. I mean I would love to play in a system like his as a kid. Rebound and just go out in a break? Man that’s a kid’s dream.

Something is off. I mean yes berry, Jackson, Meeks, and pinson were good 4-5 star recruits. But neither really lived up to the hype you would have thought. Most made it to the nba but are only serviceable pros. Not a star.

Is K even recruiting teams that make sense anymore? Or is he just maxing our on 1 and dines each year?

K definitely just been looking at the top 10 list and playing duck duck goose on who Capel should give the bags too.

Especially this recruiting class, 3 SF's. All pretty undersized.

Bag man gone tho.

:rofl:

folks digging up old tweets

6A07735E-F675-42C5-8A96-B794D068331A.jpeg

His dad right now

I think he's trying to say that Roy isn't locking up guys in the top 10 that are 5 star guys.

UNC's been getting a lot of fringe 5 star guys that could've been 4 star recruits. Berry was 4 if I remember correctly.

Mcadoo was our last recruit that was in the top 10.

Not nearly as much as Duke or Kansas lol

I think he's trying to say that Roy isn't locking up guys in the top 10 that are 5 star guys.

UNC's been getting a lot of fringe 5 star guys that could've been 4 star recruits. Berry was 4 if I remember correctly.

Mcadoo was our last recruit that was in the top 10.
Justin was top 10 I think
Nassir too but wasn’t he originally going somewhere else?
But yeah you get the point I was making

Back
Top Bottom