The College Basketball Post

The KU football allegation involves former HC, David Beaty. He let an analyst call the offense without filing the proper paperwork with the NCAA. That is the exact reason why Long fired him and withheld his buyout money.

I don't get the second part if it is truly about Preston and SdS. Preston was self reported by KU and he never played a second with KU. Nothing I have heard or read said that KU acted on behalf of that family for payment. It was all orchestrated by his mother.
Silvio is the same thing. His handler was acting on his own, without the players consent and was cleared by an independent organization. The one that is interesting and may carry the most weight is the Head Coach Responsibility charge against Self. If I'm Self I deny, deny and deny because unless the NCAA has more information then what was presented to the FBI all they have are vague texts.

IMO this is the NCAA using a blue blood program like KU to try and make it seem like they are trying to change the culture of recruiting.

While OaD’s bring another dynamic to a program, especially if they excel in the NBA. I somewhat prefer guys staying to win championships, if that’s their prerogative.

The fan in me just wants to watch the best brand of collage basketball.

Miami going end up with another top 50 guard .

What the hell is Jim telling these kids , playing time will be tight

It's interesting to go back and look up just how these bluebloods really are operating.

Kansas' worst year in the past 30 years is 23-10. That's their worst season, record-wise.
They've hit number 1 or 2 in the poll (at least once) in 23 seasons of that 30.

It takes a special well oiled machine (insert your definition here) to go 30 straight years and counting without even having one hiccup in a sport where you can lose your entire starting five to the NBA in one weekend.

Anxious to see what goes on here with Self. UNC case was a good test run.

I have zero idea on what direction this case will be headed. If the case is presented as is with no further information or new details the NCAA doesn't have a 'smoking' gun. What they have is a bunch of vague texts that didn't hold up with an independent investigation or in a federal trial. I do have a feeling that this case and ruling may set a precedent for how is a relationship between an Athletic Dept. and a shoe company defined.

From what I was told KU was prepared for this and knew this was going to be coming and particularly Self is livid with that allegations. I was told that December 19th is the date to be circled as that is 90 days from when the NOA was served. At that time KU can start asking for 30 day extensions if they would like. The hearing would take place at the earliest in March / April but it will probably be more like June. This will now be outsourced to the Complex Case Unit, who are independent from the NCAA and are career litigation/judicial "experts". This will be the medium to where the actual final decision on penalties will come from.

I was also told that Arizona's NOA will be coming in October / November.

I felt good about Shakeel to Providence until this week when he opened it back up. Pitt is sending the whole staff for Josh this week.

My hs got a foreign exchange kid from st Vincent in a couple months ago. 6’6 junior who will go against them. Should be a chance to get some nice exposure for the kid. He’s d1 material.

I expect Love to unc eventually. Need that Kuminga news to break soon

I wanted Memphis to win the title that year Self won it. That game and the 99 duke vs UConn game are the only title I missed on TV in 30 years (both had wild outcomes).
Self has been a bit odd to me. I don't know what it is though...

I wanted Memphis to win the title that year Self won it. That game and the 99 duke vs UConn game are the only title I missed on TV in 30 years (both had wild outcomes).

I was crushed when Memphis lost, I was a huge El-Amin (sp?) fan! I loved that UConn team!!!

Back
Top Bottom