The College Basketball Post

Willard feels too much like Turgeon. High floor, low ceiling. Would rather take the swing on Kim English than him. Definitely a chance that he might flat out suck, but maybe also a chance that he could bring some energy to the program and make that ceiling higher.

Surprised to not see Musselman on a lot of these lists. Think he'll be in the running.

So far it seems Hubert is willing to vary distribution of minutes significantly from game to game. Don't know if that's more a matchup thing or rewarding for practice or both

I'm sure we'll see more minutes from the freshmen and McKoy, Harris, etc vs cupcakes but otherwise I don't hate the 8 man rotation

Kerwin is kind of unlucky in that he isn't a great fit if RJ and Love are playing well

I think McKoy and Kerwin are in the doghouse. They have both been essentially useless save for a few decent "hustle" plays.

Definitely don't like this tightened rotation but if it's gotta be done to be most effective team, then so be it.

1638830902007.jpeg

Last edited:
Willard feels too much like Turgeon. High floor, low ceiling. Would rather take the swing on Kim English than him. Definitely a chance that he might flat out suck, but maybe also a chance that he could bring some energy to the program and make that ceiling higher.

Surprised to not see Musselman on a lot of these lists. Think he'll be in the running.
Can’t see Kim getting the job cuz most fans aren’t gon be that patient from the Turgeon years so the time and learning curve English might need might not be available at UMD…Willard makes sense but yea he is kinda like Turg in bringing in an “overachieving” coach to a bigger program, but he has the advantage of already being close and being a lil more plugged in with everything going in College Park already

Freshmen big men taking more shot attempts than starting guards. Straight nasty ball. I’m cackling at penny just blatantly lying on his upperclassmen like that

Penny doing exactly what they brought yo in to do…They hired him for recruiting not strategy or development…I’m not surprised with how Memphis has been so far his time there, but yea it’s obvious there is a disconnect somewhere with the vets and Freshmen so far

Memphis been a huge disappointment.

Anyone got Florida’s press conference to watch? First time in school history losing to a SWAC team.

I mean isn't this what all of us thought Penny would be. Dude was a high school and AAU coach. He was brought in because he had great ties to kids in Memphis, is 'Penny Hardaway' and seemingly can 'croot. The X's and O's was never going to be his strong point.

My girl Paige is out 6-8 weeks with a knee fracture. :frown:

Back
Top Bottom