The College Basketball Post

I don't think he'll be recruiting out East for long. He has no connections to the West Coast. Giving those two offers was a last ditch effort to salvage the class.

I don't think he'll be recruiting out East for long. He has no connections to the West Coast. Giving those two offers was a last ditch effort to salvage the class.

Yea id say the 18 class is the last of it then hell start focusing on west coast , im sure hell start getting kids from Mater Dei in due time his alma mater

Yea id say the 18 class is the last of it then hell start focusing on west coast , im sure hell start getting kids from Mater Dei in due time his alma mater

Not happening. Maybe the 3* kids, but the Bol Bol and Stanley's ain't going there lol. Could see Wang jumping ship to there.

If he doesnt tweet out his normal rebuttal in a couple hours it might be true [emoji]128064[/emoji][emoji]128064[/emoji]

Cal already failed in the nba once, he would be a fool to leave UK with his $8 million salary. The duffel bag would be the same size with all teams, thus cal cant use his typical recruiting. If he does end up leaving somehown for the knicks, it wouldn't surprise me if an ncan investigation was looming as that is the patter he has established in the past with u mass and memphis.

Last edited:
The Syracuse fan board is annoying. Everyone is an armchair GM or expert. Some kids and their camps already have their minds made up on where they are going. None of the decision making is in the hands of the coaching staff. It's all on the camp.

Well Cal made his usual statement about the rumors not being true.

"Even in Egypt I can’t escape the rumors. Are you kidding me?! It’s 5 in the morning here and this is what I wake up to?"

"NO ONE has contacted the Knicks on my behalf. I am the coach at Kentucky and will be for a long time!"

Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim chastised former Indiana coach Tom Crean for comments Crean made about Boeheim’s former player Tyler Lydon.

Crean criticized Lydon -- selected No. 24 by the Utah Jazz in last week’s NBA draft before being traded to the Denver Nuggets -- noting the 6-foot-10 big man needed some work to be NBA-ready, including a better jump shot. “I don’t think the shot is there,” Crean said on The Vertical’s livestream draft show. “I don’t think he’s that good.”

Boeheim was not a fan of Crean's criticism.

“He's an idiot. He said (Lydon is) not a good shooter,” Boeheim said via Syracuse.com, while speaking with media members during his appearance on Syracuse’s No-Huddle Tour.

“Freshman, sophomore year he shoots 40% from 3. That’s pretty good for a young player. I think he had the best shooting statistics at the combine, I think, of all the big guys. He shoots it. That’s what he does. It just shows the ignorance and not doing the work, the research, the background check. He’s athletic and can do a lot of other things, but he can really shoot.”

Lydon, who blossomed on the Orange’s Final Four run in 2016, shot 48% from the floor in his two-year career at Syracuse. He also went 77% from 15-feet among big men at the NBA draft combine.

Back
Top Bottom