The College Basketball Post

Maybe not for the big teams but it definitely mattered for the bubble teams.

Someone like NC State now gets an automatic bid

Iowa State deserves a 1-seed. Big 12 was the best conference this year and they ran Houston off the court yesterday.

Maybe not for the big teams but it definitely mattered for the bubble teams.

Someone like NC State now gets an automatic bid

This is silly. UConn established themselves as the top overall seed ahead of Purdue and Houston. UNC may have lost the 1-seed after losing to NC State. Tennessee was also considered a potential 1 before they lost. Championship week always matters.

I personally don’t like how a conference tournament can have a greater impact than a regular season conference championship.

I personally don’t like how a conference tournament can have a greater impact than a regular season conference championship.

I don’t think it does. Purdue and Houston are still solid 1-seeds because of their regular season dominance

I don’t think it does. Purdue and Houston are still solid 1-seeds because of their regular season dominance
It just feels wrong that teams can be awful for the entire regular season and get an auto bid for winning a conference tournament. I especially feel this way for smaller conferences where a team can be great, lose in the championship game to a team with more losses than wins and get left out.

It just feels wrong that teams can be awful for the entire regular season and get an auto bid for winning a conference tournament. I especially feel this way for smaller conferences where a team can be great, lose in the championship game to a team with more losses than wins and get left out.
Almost just happened to Yale…Brown‘s record was like 11-20 :lol: :smh:

:smh:

GI44AnBWoAAjzMz

I'm also for the 2-4 bottom teams being left out of the conf tournament and not giving some of these terrible teams a chance. You can go winless in conf play during a season and still get in.

Case in point Pacific of the WCC went 0-16 in regular season then lost first game of the tournament. They lost a game 76-28 this season! Ridiculous.

This is what makes college basketball great. Why would you ever want to punish a team for winning their conference tournament and not getting an AQ bid.

The real conversation needs to be centered around the committee valuing a mediocre power conference school, over a mid major that was very good during the selection process. Give more opportunity to get 28-6 Indiana state in over 19-14 Michigan state

Stop putting Tom Izzo’s teams in Duke/UNC regions challenge: impossible

The potential Mississippi state matchup scares me. They’re physically as hell

Back
Top Bottom