The Combat Jack Show Thread

I'm reading that Joe admitted the last pod was trash off the rip. I'm glad he recognizes when it's less than par. Not the first time he mentioned an episode being trash.

I didn't find a problem with it.

The J Cole/Wale non-drama was corny though.

And I take the Joe rants as his trademark now, so he does them for attention.

I only find it only really trash when they discuss football or basketball. None of them know anything about football or basketball.

I didn't find a problem with it.

The J Cole/Wale non-drama was corny though.

And I take the Joe rants as his trademark now, so he does them for attention.

I only find it only really trash when they discuss football or basketball. None of them know anything about football or basketball.
or that one time they tried to discuss UFC 229 (Khabib v Connor) :lol::lol:

Just listened to the Cyhi convo and yea Imma need Joe to **** anytime a rapper gives him any kind of static
All that hoopin' and hollerin' about how Cyhi don't really want it and he knows he doesn't plan on getting on the mic.
Be retired and be quiet

I actually like the Justice dude on the pod.

And I am growing increasingly tired of them with the Drake thing, Of ALL the ****** to believe about ghostwriting for others.... Drake is the word we're gonna take on this :lol:

Justice dude was funny in the first 30 minutes I listened to. I was dying when he kept saying he didn't like Trippie

Mal gonna go to the grave claiming Going Bad is better than Uptown Vibes. I'm not big on either record but Going Bad is trash.

I actually enjoyed Justice. I wouldn't mind if he was added to the pod. Just shut him up a little bit. But he brought a great perspective and want afraid to say whatever.

“You called a pick and roll on a fast break.” :lol:

Haven’t finished the whole episode yet, but the Jus kid was annoying to me until they got to the Future discussion. Buddy seems to be very informed and he was making great points.

Joe sitting on the right now? Hahahahaha, cause they were saying his back is to Rory all the time. That’s crazy.

Did CyHi drop a diss? I don’t get why it’s still being talked about unless there’s a song

I liked Just Juelz. He brought at young perspective that Rory doesn't bring.

He also put Joe in his place about festivals like Mal and Rory don't do.

Nah :rofl:

The Cyhi diss :lol: He's right about being able to rap and entertain.

Ja Rule and the industry response. :lol: I don't have Hulu, but I saw the Netflix one drops tomorrow.

and that was an interesting point about New York driving the creatives out.

That was cool Rihanna DM'ing Cyn. I can imagine her saying, **** those ****. :lol:

The Justice kid started off as annoying, then he'd say a good point I agreed with, then he'd revert back to being annoying, then he closed out with shutting down Joe's bum *** point.

I agree with him that the way for artists to gain more leverage in their industry is by greater expounding upon their independence. Magic wanting people to simply sit things out for a year isn't practical. These record companies have contracts in place. They can sue and have the money to spend years in court, whereas the artists, who presumably won't be generating much revenue off music, will be depleting their money and will have to go right back to making music to sustain their livelihood. From a consumer vantage point, as well as someone who isn't well versed in the music industry, the best play would be for mf's to complete their album requirements, get out of deals, and do the **** themselves.

Also, it's becoming increasingly apparent that they don't need to talk about what's popular outside of NYC. They've gotten to the point where they're assuming people look to the pod for validation on what's hot and what's not; similar to how Akademiks gets on everyday struggle. Thing is, none of them have an actual pulse on the stuff that moves the clubs and they admittedly don't listen to radio. For them to say they haven't seen a particular artist getting any traction is disingenuous because they aren't in any of these venues where that popular music is being played. So I completely agree with the Justice kid that they're up these pushing baseless narratives and that can impact artists in a negative way. I used to give Rory the benefit of the doubt, but after going to D'Usse and hearing the sets spun there, he doesn't have the greatest leg to stand on imo.

He should just drop the diss track Friday morning so that they have to talk about it Friday night for Saturday’s podcast

I disagree. Don't drop the diss, Joe is not rapping anymore. He knows it and we all know it in our hearts. Unless it's an undeniably amazing track, let Joe keep barking at nothing behind the gate

I disagree. Don't drop the diss, Joe is not rapping anymore. He knows it and we all know it in our hearts. Unless it's an undeniably amazing track, let Joe keep barking at nothing behind the gate

It wouldn’t be any different from Joe going on a dissing tour of Drake

Plus since Joe says he’d need 2 months to respond, that’s 8 weeks of free publicity for Cyhi

Plus since Joe says he’d need 2 months to respond, that’s 8 weeks of free publicity for Cyhi

True it'd be the same but I don't think this is a battle Cyhi truly benefits from. I always feel the same about people just dropping a diss against somebody who doesn't really want to be a part of it. Joe does not want to rap anymore, don't give him anymore attention. Cyhi not even the one who's bringing this all back up. Mal brought it up so Cyhi shouldn't even feel pressured to drop a track. Joe is the one lookin' foolish right now, let him look foolish and enjoy the show

He only said that 8 weeks **** to scare Rory and Mal into not pressing him anymore about it. He didn't mean that ****, he just wanted to say 'I can't because everyone needs me to podcast twice a week so everyone else shouldn't want me to battle, too' without actually saying it. He don't need 8 weeks, he's just being dramatic.:lol:

Either way though, just keep talking about ****. You're retired from both the rapping and the tough talk if you aren't willing step off the porch.

Back
Top Bottom