The Dallas Cowboys ... vol. Wrap This Thing Up, Who To Draft?

Complete opposite reaction from the one I had a year ago when that schedule came out.

That seems like a whole lot of winnable games...

So much for Patrick Peterson. Oh well, we need DLine help. Igor must go. Looks like Fairley could be out of our range so it could be Stephen Paea or Marcel Dareus. Go OL in the 2nd round. I wanted us to get a safety in round 2 but there's really no elite safeties in this year's class

As for coordinators, better hope Garrett wants Mike Nolan. He's the only great 3-4 DC who could be out there. I wouldn't mind guys like Marvin Lewis or John Fox at DC due to their experience but they're all 4-3 guys

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

McGee > Kitna > Romo.

Nah give me Romo. Especially not McGee right now. I think they may have something there tho with more time. He didn't necessary light it up against Philly's 2nd stringers and he missed throws. I remember he missed quite a few slants and threw short of the 1st down marker quite often on 3rd down, he also had some overthrows.

Owner Jerry Jones interviewed receivers coach Ray Sherman and Miamiassistant head coach Todd Bowles for the job, but Garrett was alwaysconsidered the front-runner.
That's it? 
laugh.gif

Well, at least Jerry said Garrett has final say on his coaching staff and his roster... That's a change.

Hope he hires an offensive coordinator and just takes on the HC role.

Originally Posted by ALSDAMAN24

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

McGee > Kitna > Romo.

Nah give me Romo. Especially not McGee right now. I think they may have something there tho with more time. He didn't necessary light it up against Philly's 2nd stringers and he missed throws. I remember he missed quite a few slants and threw short of the 1st down marker quite often on 3rd down, he also had some overthrows.

Yeah I wouldn't hop on the McGee banwagon soon. Dude still needs to grow but I like some of what I saw
pimp.gif
. Sounds like Jones has some faith in Garrett though.

I say next year we run 2RB, 2TE formations a majority of the plays..

And make MBIII a pseudo Full Back (still getting his 8-14 rushes and 2-3 receptions a game like he did in 08 & 09).. Adds much more depth to the offense, and gives us a much more balanced attack, which as most of noticed sucks when we need to rely on 1 or the other too much..

There's no reason why you can't keep Felix & MBIII on the field most of the time and give them a similar amount of touches successfully...

We could trade Tashard for hopefully a mid and late round picks to a team who desperately needs a running back..

I wasn't serious about that... (this is KLJ)

Random notes:

- It looks like Garrett will be calling plays, no matter what.

- Todd Bowles (Dolphins secondary coach) and Todd Grantham are candidates for defensive coordinator.

- Ray Sherman won't be back. John Garrett might take his place.

- They're going to try to re-sign Kosier, but probably not Spears.

That would be huge. He worked miracles with the Browns.

If we don't bring back spears, what are the chances we draft fairly, and move ratliff to the outside

Fairley won't be around at nine.

I would almost bet that it'll be Prince Amukamara, or trade down (assuming Patrick Peterson is off the board). Maybe Marcell Dareus or Da'Quan Bowers.

I'm all for Ryan coming in as DC.

If only we lost that game against the Iggles, we'd be looking at the 5th/6th pick AND an even easier schedule.. ah well, still glad to end on a win.

Am I only the one who won't mind if Jerry overpays for Nmandi?  I can only hope that bringing him in would relight that fire that Jenkins played with 2 seasons ago.  Him and Jenkins could be nasty together.

Rob Ryan is the guy I've been wanting them to go after the whole time. Hopefully Jerry makes a hard push for Nmandi and Prince falls to #9 in the draft
pimp.gif

I don't think Prince will be around at 9 TBH. Don't think Dareus or Bowers would be around either. If all 3 of em are off the board, I think Ayers, Clayborn or Watt would fit well. I wouldn't even be opposed to trading down a bit and grabbing Solder.

love the rob ryan hire. i will be fine with jason if they put a great coaching staff around him.

Back
Top Bottom