THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Official Thread - 6/28 - TV Spot 10 on Last Page (More Selina Kyle)

Originally Posted by Pmighty

Originally Posted by Fade On You

Another pic of the bat symbol on the Highmark building here in the burgh.

batsignal-e1311825418446.jpg

Christian Bale, along with director Christoper Nolan and two of the film’s producers will appear at a press conference today.

pimp.gif

i didnt expect bane to be a main villain in a batman movie. i always thought he was just ivy's henchman
ohwell.gif

Spoiler [+]
indifferent.gif

Schumacher's degradation of Bane is probably the thing most Batman purist hate about B&R.
This ain't enough Joel, stuff your sorries in a sack:

The huge Hercules was flown into Aberdeen yesterday as moviemakers wait for permission to bring it down on the A9 near Inverness.

And it could take three nights to shoot the thrilling scenes for Dark Knight Rises, which stars Christian Bale as the Caped Crusader. A source revealed: "The movie crew desperately want to film this.

"It's a key section of the film. Batman is on board a plane that is hurtling to the ground. The script says he takes control of it and lands it on the road while it's on fire.

"People are going to love it. It's a tremendous challenge."

Movie bosses have already approached Transport Scotland about the plan and need police approval to start shooting. It's thought they will film the scenes at night to keep disruption to a minimum.

The crew are also set to transform parts of Glasgow city centre into Batman's home town of Gotham City

planeview2.jpg

Batmanstunt06of25600.jpg

This guy below almost died.. he was one of the stuntmen that was skydiving and landed on top of someone's roof lol...

article-2011431-0CDF568500000578-321_468x312.jpg

As bad as BF and B&R were--after a little research for my 30-page senior thesis last quarter--I have come to appreciate Schumacher's renditions of Batman for the underlying sexual-social commentaries and satire in both films... kinda interesting from an academic standpoint. But yeah, killlllllt the franchise commercially.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Schumacher's degradation of Bane is probably the thing most Batman purist hate about B&R.

Straight up and now that's how the general public views him  
indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Really Dude? Pittsburgh? That's the city they chose? They should have kept it in Chicago or gone to a bigger city with a bigger metropolis, Pittsburgh is too small. 
I'm going to be honest I'm a bit skeptical about "The Dark Knight Rises". I don't believe Catwoman and Bane are good characters to sustain the "dark-drama" this new Batman series portrays. I'm just not as thrilled as many of you are but I hope I'm proven wrong.

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Really Dude? Pittsburgh? That's the city they chose? They should have kept it in Chicago or gone to a bigger city with a bigger metropolis, Pittsburgh is too small. 
I'm going to be honest I'm a bit skeptical about "The Dark Knight Rises". I don't believe Catwoman and Bane are good characters to sustain the "dark-drama" this new Batman series portrays. I'm just not as thrilled as many of you are but I hope I'm proven wrong.

Who else would you have in mind? You can't have certain characters (Penguin, Croc, Freeze) because some characters aren't easy to portray on the big screen. And the league of shadows might have something to do with plot too. If anything, Nolan is the visionary who could pull it off. 

Sucks that Bane was portrayed as an idiot in Batman & Robin (Joel Schumacher is the WORST director), so many people (ones that aren't familiar with the comics/graphic novels) aren't familiar with how his character really is. I told my friend about him being the villain in this one and he said "why would they have him? He can't even talk"
30t6p3b.gif

I went to the movies and the theater had the dark Knight rises poster hanging on the wall.. I was really tempted to take it off of the wall..

Nolan and Bale on shooting in Pittsburgh:
Nolan: http://www.wpxi.com/video/28694858/index.html

Bale: http://www.wpxi.com/video/28694769/index.html

It's interesting how Bale isn't in "Bruce Wayne" mode, yet in the teaser trailer, he looked to have been clean shaven in the Batsuit against Bane...
Yeah I was looking at the beard too, and I am thinking that he may have it for a flashback scene to Batman Begins, or it could be from a layoff between shooting in Europe and then coming to the states, or India or where ever they shot film at last.  I am almost positive it was Europe.
-On another note is Morgan Freeman even in this film??  I know he probably is but in all the pictures and clips etc., I have not seen not one picture or anything of him....

laugh.gif
Costanza
pimp.gif

Of course it may not look all good when they aren't filming. It looks like Tom Hardy is taking a break. I'm sure Nolan will make him look menacing as he should.

I might be in the minority saying this but I enjoyed Batman Forever. I, however, like the majority HATED Batman & Robin.

Originally Posted by chris82790

Of course it may not look all good when they aren't filming. It looks like Tom Hardy is taking a break. I'm sure Nolan will make him look menacing as he should.

I might be in the minority saying this but I enjoyed Batman Forever. I, however, like this majority HATED Batman & Robin.
I think most people liked Batman Forever. Batman and Robin was pure trash in every way

Back
Top Bottom