"The Decision" in retrospect

"I never said this. Nobody wins by themselves."

Don't get smart with me, homer. All your posts have pretty much derided LeBron for being on a team with other "first options". As if that's somehow rephreshible. As if Kobe didn't already play on MULTIPLE title teams with one ANYWAY.

You're either a !+#@$!$, or just choosing to be willfully being ignorant to this FACT. Which one is it?

"I never said this. Nobody wins by themselves."

Don't get smart with me, homer. All your posts have pretty much derided LeBron for being on a team with other "first options". As if that's somehow rephreshible. As if Kobe didn't already play on MULTIPLE title teams with one ANYWAY.

You're either a !+#@$!$, or just choosing to be willfully being ignorant to this FACT. Which one is it?

--Someone's getting mad. Yeah I said he quit and went to a team with other first options. I never said I had a problem with that.
--But me saying Bron quit got you all emotional it seems. Ok ok ok...Kobe quit the moment he was drafted and traded to the Lakers aight? Very nice. That turned out well.

--Go change your tampon, come back calm and collected and continue your "Bron never quit but Kobe always did" crusade. You're the joke homie.

--Someone's getting mad. Yeah I said he quit and went to a team with other first options. I never said I had a problem with that.
--But me saying Bron quit got you all emotional it seems. Ok ok ok...Kobe quit the moment he was drafted and traded to the Lakers aight? Very nice. That turned out well.

--Go change your tampon, come back calm and collected and continue your "Bron never quit but Kobe always did" crusade. You're the joke homie.

"Someone's getting mad. Yeah I said he quit and went to a team with other first options. I never said I had a problem with that."

laugh.gif
You don't have to say it EXPLICITLY for people to see your take on "The Decision". Anyone can read your posts and see that you're not exactly "complimenting" LBJ for doing this. Instead of saying LBJ left Cleveland as a free agent and joined a team with other great players to win a title, YOU say "He quit and went to a team with other 'first options'" as if that's some sort of taboo.

Don't be dishonest.

"Someone's getting mad. Yeah I said he quit and went to a team with other first options. I never said I had a problem with that."

laugh.gif
You don't have to say it EXPLICITLY for people to see your take on "The Decision". Anyone can read your posts and see that you're not exactly "complimenting" LBJ for doing this. Instead of saying LBJ left Cleveland as a free agent and joined a team with other great players to win a title, YOU say "He quit and went to a team with other 'first options'" as if that's some sort of taboo.

Don't be dishonest.

--The Decision and Bron goin to Miami are 2 different things.
--The Decision 1 hour special blah blah...THAT I have a problem with. The aftermath of him being in a Miami uniform I do not have a problem with.

--Stop instigating. Stop assuming. And lastly stop riding Bron.

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

laugh.gif

Don't be dishonest.
Get off Lebron's meat brah. Everyone will tell you that he quit on his team and mentally checked out before the Celtics handed them his final lost as a Cav.

I mean Bron Bron couldn't even wait to get to the locker room before he took that jersey off... Just dying to get outta Cleveland.
laugh.gif

--The Decision and Bron goin to Miami are 2 different things.
--The Decision 1 hour special blah blah...THAT I have a problem with. The aftermath of him being in a Miami uniform I do not have a problem with.

--Stop instigating. Stop assuming. And lastly stop riding Bron.

laugh.gif

Don't be dishonest.
Get off Lebron's meat brah. Everyone will tell you that he quit on his team and mentally checked out before the Celtics handed them his final lost as a Cav.

I mean Bron Bron couldn't even wait to get to the locker room before he took that jersey off... Just dying to get outta Cleveland.
laugh.gif

"The aftermath of him being in a Miami uniform I do not have a problem with."

Says the same dude who keeps bashing him for "quitting and joining other first options in Miami"
laugh.gif

"Get off Lebron's meat brah. Everyone will tell you that he quit on his team and mentally checked out before the Celtics handed them his final lost as a Cav."

Like Kobe did in Game 7 of the 2006 playoffs.

Oh wait, hold on lemme get this right according to Kobe homers - he was "playing within the offense" and "proving a point to management"
roll.gif

You dudes are the biggest and most illogical stans in sports. And it's not even close.

Says the same dude who keeps bashing him for "quitting and joining other first options in Miami"
laugh.gif

"Get off Lebron's meat brah. Everyone will tell you that he quit on his team and mentally checked out before the Celtics handed them his final lost as a Cav."

Oh wait, hold on lemme get this right according to Kobe homers - he was "playing within the offense" and "proving a point to management"
roll.gif

You dudes are the biggest and most illogical stans in sports. And it's not even close.

laugh.gif

roll.gif

You said Kobe quit on his team by complaining to management and asking for better players. Who's the illogical stan?

I don't even like the Lakers
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif

You said Kobe quit on his team by complaining to management and asking for better players. Who's the illogical stan?

I don't even like the Lakers
laugh.gif

Actually, I don't think either player "quit" at all, or were "wrong" for going to teams with more talent/asking their GM for more talent. I'm simply showing how one could easily twist their subjective argument to their liking with regards to these things, depending on who your favorite player is.

I ain't got any interest in the subjective, unproavble narrative of what players are thinking when they go about their business. Just their basketball performance ON the court.

Actually, I don't think either player "quit" at all, or were "wrong" for going to teams with more talent/asking their GM for more talent. I'm simply showing how one could easily twist their subjective argument to their liking with regards to these things, depending on who your favorite player is.

I ain't got any interest in the subjective, unproavble narrative of what players are thinking when they go about their business. Just their basketball performance ON the court.

Originally Posted by TonyReali

laugh.gif

Don't be dishonest.

laugh.gif
LeBron went 27-19-10 in his last game as a Cav. I don't understand why people said he quit on his team. He scored 1/3 of their points, was 1 rebound away from boarding as many as the other starting 4. That is a good #&^ game, only reason people said he quit on them is to spout the same rhetoric as salty #&^ Dan Gilbert and scorned Cavs fans. If anyone else had that stat line and their team lost, "they did everything they could". But since it's LeBron he "quit" because he could have played better? 

Originally Posted by TonyReali

laugh.gif

Don't be dishonest.

laugh.gif
LeBron went 27-19-10 in his last game as a Cav. I don't understand why people said he quit on his team. He scored 1/3 of their points, was 1 rebound away from boarding as many as the other starting 4. That is a good #&^ game, only reason people said he quit on them is to spout the same rhetoric as salty #&^ Dan Gilbert and scorned Cavs fans. If anyone else had that stat line and their team lost, "they did everything they could". But since it's LeBron he "quit" because he could have played better? 

watch the game. stats aren't everything. he was sitting by himself at timeouts. body language was horrible. they were down around 9 with a minute thirty left and he was walking the ball up the court with no sense of urgency

watch the game. stats aren't everything. he was sitting by himself at timeouts. body language was horrible. they were down around 9 with a minute thirty left and he was walking the ball up the court with no sense of urgency

My thoughts:

- "The Decision" was terrible. Tried to cover up his huge ego by donating all proceeds to charity.
- Ruined the Cavs and will NEVER be forgiven by fans. Will never be welcomed back to Cleveland (i don't know if this is a bad thing)
- Ruined his image as "The King". No, you cannot win a title by yourself. However, going to another man's team when your nickname is "the king" is not a good look.

Now...

to win championships, it was the right move. Honestly Chicago or Miami were good choices, but Miami NEEDS a better coach. The Heat NEED to realize nothing comes easy. Pat Riley should be coaching. They have the talent... but that's about it.

So the show "The Decision" was terrible. The move to go to Miami was good.

Did he quit on his team during his last game in Cleveland? Yes - watch the game. Like DubA said - body language showed it all.

Disclaimer: I was rooting against LeBron and the Cavs, but that doesn't make me bias. I think everyone witnessed him surrender the game. If you watched it, you knew he WAS NOT staying in Cleveland. LeBron put up good stats but they don't tell the whole story.

That is all.

My thoughts:

- "The Decision" was terrible. Tried to cover up his huge ego by donating all proceeds to charity.
- Ruined the Cavs and will NEVER be forgiven by fans. Will never be welcomed back to Cleveland (i don't know if this is a bad thing)
- Ruined his image as "The King". No, you cannot win a title by yourself. However, going to another man's team when your nickname is "the king" is not a good look.

Now...

to win championships, it was the right move. Honestly Chicago or Miami were good choices, but Miami NEEDS a better coach. The Heat NEED to realize nothing comes easy. Pat Riley should be coaching. They have the talent... but that's about it.

So the show "The Decision" was terrible. The move to go to Miami was good.

Did he quit on his team during his last game in Cleveland? Yes - watch the game. Like DubA said - body language showed it all.

Disclaimer: I was rooting against LeBron and the Cavs, but that doesn't make me bias. I think everyone witnessed him surrender the game. If you watched it, you knew he WAS NOT staying in Cleveland. LeBron put up good stats but they don't tell the whole story.

That is all.

"watch the game. stats aren't everything."

How about YOU watch the game, and see a player that actually performed as well as Kobe in game 7 of the Finals? The only difference is second best teammate was Mo Williams and not Pau Gasol.

One player gets praised as giving a "gritty performance", the other gets labeled a "quitter" by Kobe stans. The hilarious thing is that were it not for Gasol being the MVP of game 7 and Ron hitting some shots (NONE of which Kobe was be responsible for), the Lakers don't win that and Kobe would irrationally be labeled a quitter as well. Funny how something you're completely not responsible for is the difference between being labeled certain things by dumb fans who get suckered into subjective BS.

"watch the game. stats aren't everything."

How about YOU watch the game, and see a player that actually performed as well as Kobe in game 7 of the Finals? The only difference is second best teammate was Mo Williams and not Pau Gasol.

One player gets praised as giving a "gritty performance", the other gets labeled a "quitter" by Kobe stans. The hilarious thing is that were it not for Gasol being the MVP of game 7 and Ron hitting some shots (NONE of which Kobe was be responsible for), the Lakers don't win that and Kobe would irrationally be labeled a quitter as well. Funny how something you're completely not responsible for is the difference between being labeled certain things by dumb fans who get suckered into subjective BS.

kobe had a terrible game 7 minus his rebounding. But he never quit and his body language wasn't terrible.

bron was walking the ball up the court like he didn't give a flying @%%* when the game was in reach. I remember extremely well that he quit because I was psyched that he would come to the knicks the second that game was over. I knew his suitcase was packed I just picked the wrong destination

lebron played harder in the last minute and a half of the recent heat loss to clevlend, than he did in the last minute and a half in the cavs loss to boston. fact. He was going extra hard so he could get a triple double so the media would suck him off and blame the rest of the team for losing to the bum cavs

Back
Top Bottom