The Dream - Love Hate. Classic???

Revisited this album (been a while since I last listened to it) and I came to realize that in my opinion, this album is a classic. The Dream makes timeless music. Trick and the Dream make amazing music together.

1. Shawty is da $h1t! - This song is timeless. From Fab's verse, to Dream's playful verses, this is a feel good banger.

2. I luv your girl - Try to listen to this song without wanting to sing along and dance. A classic and one of my favorites,

3. Fast Car - This sounds like a classic Prince song from the 80's. Very upbeat and I love the metaphor wordplay, yes it can get cheesy, but it works.

4. Nikki - Love this song. Can really relate. I think every guy has been through a "Nikki" before.

5. She Needs my Love - This song is probably the weakest point in the album but it's not even filler material. The chorus is great.

6. Falsetto - This song is clutch. You guys know what I mean. Sets that mood. One of my favorites.

7. Playin in her hair- Another timeless song. More cheesy lyrics but the Dream makes it work. Nice bounce to the song and so catchy.

8. Purple Kisses- Another clutch song. Sets the mood. Great song.

9. Ditch that- Not feelin this one too much. Honestly this gets skipped.

10. Luv Songs- Smooth track and good vibes.

11. Livin a Lie- Wasn't feelin this Rihanna collab too much. Could have done without it. The "Eh's" were enough on Umbrella, didn't need more on this.

12. Mama- Was really feeling this. Could relate. Great way to end the album.

It's not a PERFECT album, but collectively it is a great piece of work. Over the past few years we've been blessed with some great R&B from Miguel, Frank O, and The Weeknd, but let's not forget the great stuff this guy has done.

This was def a good album, I should listen to it again.

Love King is my fav Dream project though.

Could do without the A's?

"I shout out my city every time I write a hit...Umbrella...ella...A...A!"

Last edited:
Such a great album. A lot of great songs on there, specifically "Purple Kisses" :pimp:

Last edited:
Idk man... I like Love Vs. Money. Kellys 12 Play is 
nthat.gif
 all his albums gets a thumbs up from me, though

4.5/5

Never liked 9, 11 or 12

I played this album out that year and I prefer Love King :smokin

i say it time and time again Love King is his best album. Love hate was better than Love vs Money but our judgement was clouded because Fancy was just that Unreal that we were saying that was his best album just off that song alone.

Back
Top Bottom