The end of Best Buy??

Originally Posted by The Maverick 41

Best Buy used to be good and always looked to lower there prices, when they had competition like Circut City and overpriced Virgin Megastore ....etc..
Now BB sucks there prices are terrible, and there customer service is horrible ..everybody that works there never knows anything
30t6p3b.gif

Never knows anything? Please elaborate

Best Buy has lost the customers who buy from Amazon and iTunes but if they can manage to educate and train their sales associates they might be able to keep customers like my grandma who asked me to accompany her to Best Buy to buy a television last week

I love when stores with awful customer service goes down, thank god.

Microcenter for all of my PC needs.

anything else I'll go to J and R.

i rarely go to stores anymore. i basically know what i want, no need to go to the store and check it out or listen to their workers explain to me. unless it's a significant difference i just buy online from stores like amazon, newegg, etc

If I was a Best Buy CEO I would close down all these big stores and only have small stores for display only. You walk in choose what you like and will have everything shipped to you. This way you can still compete with online retailers. If you want to do same day pickup I would have pickup one or two centers in every city after you place a order for a little extra.

Best Buy sucks because there is a bunch of people running around and they never help you. Dont companies get if you treat your customers like we are lucky to shop there we will stay away in droves. I roll with Frys always get the help I need and pick up the phone after I shop there not just when I spend money.

Id be pissed. They got fat deals on dvds/blu rays some weeks. same goes for their used video games.

Best Buy should take a look at Fry's.
Not the best, but a good business model that caters to a bigger audience.

Originally Posted by lazybonejone

what exactly does this mean?  carry more choices?

cause i gotta be honest, i could walk in to both BB and frys around my way and not "feel" any difference, especially customer service wise

it doesn't matter what Best Buy does, do y'all understand how much their Overhead cost is? When you got nobody buying stuff its inevitable.

Originally Posted by secretzofwar

Once the entire Amazon scam ends, there will be room for a Best Buy/Big Box retailer.

whats the amazon scam?

Originally Posted by Wr

Once the entire Amazon scam ends, there will be room for a Best Buy/Big Box retailer.

whats the amazon scam?
IMO, Amazon is a bit of scam that's good for consumers in the short-run, but probably destructive in the long-run.

Right now they sell a bunch of stuff at cost or below cost, so they don't actually make very much money at all. They also are exempt from sales tax, which gives them another leg-up. So either the playing field is leveled, or Amazon puts everyone out of business until they are the last one's left.

Best Buy has never done me wrong. If my TV was to die, I'd prob just go to a big retailer and buy a new TV, not wait 2 or 3 days for one to come from online, and worry about making sure I'm home for the UPS guy, etc etc. I actually just bought a new digital camera, price shopped online, Best Buy had it cheapest. And then two weeks later it went on sale, 50 bucks less and they price adjusted it. You don't get that from shopping online.

From Best Buy I've purchased:
07 plasma tv
07 xbox 360
ipad 2
compact system camera
a couple of mice
many video games
Rewards points, has given me a lot cash back. My tv was 1699 retail and I got it for 1299 still brand new, only 3 months after it came out.

I currently work at best buy, some of you are saying associates need to educate the consumer of the items they purchase. If you know me, you know that i know a lot about technology and the benefits you can get out of it. If im telling a customer that the kindel fire is not a real android tablet does not access google apps, or the google play store which is better offering to what amazon apps store offers they won't buy that $300 Samsung tablet, they will just get the cheaper option knowing it won't do the things they ask for but just the simple things. I can't connivence a cheap customer and usually the store i work at we get a lot of them who are cheap. The only customers who are willing to spend more money are the ones who are slightly aware of their purchase. Best Buy has been able to get cheap customers but those cheap customers are the ones who don't buy any thing, especially international customers. Best Buy will come to a crawl eventually, but for now it will still be there. As for me im quitting within this month.

Best Buy sucks, an I hate that guy at the door as soon as you walk in.

The only people who shop at best buy are old people. 85% of my sales are from old people and once they get a little older best buy will be done for

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by lazybonejone

what exactly does this mean?  carry more choices?

cause i gotta be honest, i could walk in to both BB and frys around my way and not "feel" any difference, especially customer service wise

I feel Fry's is a bit more focused on what they sell, not sure if "focused" is the right word to use but it's more specialized per say? For example, you can go to Frys and find computer parts from a bunch of different brands that BB doesn't carry, you have more selection not just in brands/parts but price as well. 

Originally Posted by Wr

whats the amazon scam?
IMO, Amazon is a bit of scam that's good for consumers in the short-run, but probably destructive in the long-run.

Right now they sell a bunch of stuff at cost or below cost, so they don't actually make very much money at all. They also are exempt from sales tax, which gives them another leg-up. So either the playing field is leveled, or Amazon puts everyone out of business until they are the last one's left.

Which is enormous, especially in states like mine, Massachusetts where sales tax is ridiculous.  In the past people would head north to New Hampshire to avoid the sales tax on bigger ticket items, now they dont even have to leave their homes.  I see this changing though, just has to.

The way you get someone's attention @ best buy is go to the camera/tablet/video game aisle, walk it three times acting suspicious/shady as possible. I bet money you don't have three workers offering you help or have a personal shopper. Your welcome.

Why don't you guys just ask for help? Seems a lot are not happy about not being asked if they need help. I can understand that it's poor customer service when no one says hello to you but if I need a sales associate and I see one, whether they are busy or not (as long as it's not with another customer), I just go and ask them.

some of you dudes are tripping though, unless you live in the country, best buy usually has 3 reps in a department, and there are usually 10+ customers in the area, no way they can help them all at the same time, and with people not buying stuff, Best buy doesn't see the need to hire more people.

Now you got places like Wal mart open 24 hours, yet only has 2 lines open for checkout when there is 500 customers in the store.

Back
Top Bottom