The Fishing Thread, ANY ANGLERS ON NT ?!

That’s what I hate about Minnesota , so much public land that is inaccessible since a lot is landlocked by private land

you ever fish cannon river? We were drilling small mouth there. Just threw on some swim trunks and walked up stream casting just like trout. Same gear and all but it’s too hot for trout.

Took my Dad on a charter for Salmon on the second day of the opener here in Northern California. Caught limits by noon.

20210627_144731.jpg

Smoked my catch for the first time
20210702_130518.jpg

you ever fish cannon river? We were drilling small mouth there. Just threw on some swim trunks and walked up stream casting just like trout. Same gear and all but it’s too hot for trout.

The checkerboard layout of BLM plots is rediculous. I see why they did it initially but now half the BLM in the country is helicopter access only... likely the way the uber wealthy prefer it.

Not yet , been kayaking lately and exploring some lakes

I gotta go up to Lake Superior and see what’s good with a charter. Jealous of you guys.

Anyone been trout fishing in the Appalachians?

thinking of taking a road trip to Atlanta and doing so fishing on the way down this winter weather permitting.

4B7CCF14-4780-4099-AE7B-7271E0DE5898.jpeg
FBC2AE0A-372A-4AF7-AB09-1C96085125B1.jpeg
333C6D4E-2FB5-44AE-9DD8-498EF48BEBE5.jpeg

went on a private overnight charter. Rough weaher conditions. Super choppy and rocky at night and the following day. No luck in finding yellowtail and saw a couple school of tuna but they didnt want to bite. Ended up rockfishing to put meat on the boat. Not complaing it was still fun and havent gone rockfishing in a long time.

I been skunked every outing since last year.
The bite is picking up around here but land based fishing been tough for me lately.

Hoping to get on some reds and specs as the warmer weather rolls in

Fishing in mn has been trash too, only trout is open some places.

Going up to Lake Superior in a few weeks to try and get in on the steelhead run. Never went for them before. Since they’re just big rainbow trout I’m thinking I’ll just bring bigger gear and bigger in line spinners.

Back
Top Bottom