THE GALAXY NEXUS BY GOOGLE & SAMSUNG (What you know and need to know on PG.1) *UPDATE 3.1* 11/4

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

HEY 4wrestling and OMGitsWES i MISINFORMED you!!!

my apologies... extended through the end of the year you still can do month to months you just have to go through a direct channel (no bb, walmart, or premiunm retailer)

sry guys...

What about an early upgrade though????

one week, jus say ull be outta the country or sumthing

I wouldn't be surprised if the two reports are actually for two different phones.

One a Verizon exclusive: Droid branded Prime

& the other a CMDA/GSM worldwide phone: Nexus Prime

I was gonna cop the GS2 on the 14th my upgrade.. now... I wait and see what shall be released in these coming week(s)
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by omgitswes

HEY 4wrestling and OMGitsWES i MISINFORMED you!!!

my apologies... extended through the end of the year you still can do month to months you just have to go through a direct channel (no bb, walmart, or premiunm retailer)

sry guys...

What about an early upgrade though????

one week, jus say ull be outta the country or sumthing
I was hoping like a month
laugh.gif

I'll try that thanks

If im not mistaken the guy behind cyanogenmod got hired by google a while back ago, so im sure we will see some influence in the UI by him

Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

If im not mistaken the guy behind cyanogenmod got hired by google a while back ago, so im sure we will see some influence in the UI by him

He got hired by Samsung, it's rumored that they hired him to work on their Bada OS.

Originally Posted by mp3911

Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

He got hired by Samsung, it's rumored that they hired him to work on their Bada OS.

I knew it was one of them lol thanx for the correction

Originally Posted by HARM

Jesus Christ at the specs!!
Jeez, this argument always annoys me.
What does GHz even matter to you? I mean, i know what it means and all that but really...think about that...what do these numbers do to validate you? You're not running them at maxed out operations anyways...

Which means ultimately nothing. 
The iPhone is incredibly underwhelming on paper but will always hold its own and even outperform because its integrated more tightly from coding all the way up to the hardware. 

Specs don't improve user experience, the software is all that matters. 

The UI is all that matters. And that is software...

No one will care when their computer is the equivalent of a ferrari under the hood but it operates like a Kia or something. 

All consumers interact with is the UI. Thats it. They wouldn't even think to care about hardware if the UI didn't take their need away to even question what was under the hood. 

Its all a numbers game for consumers to make them feel better or to satisfy their urge to be better than other people. Whatever...have fun validating yourselves for using one device or another...

I'm not pro android or pro apple or pro anything...i'm trying to approach it from all angles

Originally Posted by sillyputty

You have some really good points, and I agree.

But as someone who knows quite a bit about phones, for me, everything matters about the device -- especially what's under the hood. And if there is any mobile platform where the GHz matters, its Android. Android is by far the most customizable OS out for mobile phones, and many people that are loyal to the Android following do take things like GHz, single vs multi core, etc in to account. So to say that you hate that argument is not only unnecessary, but unwarranted.

Hell, I control how much voltage my phone sends to the processor. I care all about that argument.

Originally Posted by soltheman

Originally Posted by sillyputty

You have some really good points, and I agree.

But as someone who knows quite a bit about phones, for me, everything matters about the device -- especially what's under the hood. And if there is any mobile platform where the GHz matters, its Android. Android is by far the most customizable OS out for mobile phones, and many people that are loyal to the Android following do take things like GHz, single vs multi core, etc in to account. So to say that you hate that argument is not only unnecessary, but unwarranted.

Hell, I control how much voltage my phone sends to the processor. I care all about that argument.

yea what he said  boyyyyyyyy

Back
Top Bottom