"The Last Dance" Michael Jordan & Chicago Bulls Docuseries

If that’s the case, why not just make it about the last year then?

Why cover everything else and not be exhaustive and comprehensive?

And why only allow MJ to shape the narrative?

And I just brought up the migraine as an example of that narrative. Scottie couldn’t play with a migraine, he sat out the final play in 1994, and chose to raise his contract grievances while choosing to get a surgery going into the season. He looks bad. So does Zeke. It made Drexler look like a bum.

ESPN did a great job but the same petty undercurrent in Jordan’s retirement speech appears in the documentary.

Trying to deal with a migraine or a bad back doesn’t make dude look bad

and Lebron and dwade got any number of platforms to discuss the documentary.. and a number of other platforms that would happily have them on in a heartbeat to discuss

and Drexler only looks bad because he was the competition at the time

to me zeke only looks bad because he ain’t just coming out and admitting they walked off.. it is what it is.. people do petty shh all the time in sports

but from what I heard/read on the olympics thing, the people involved made the choice because they thought they might hurt their chances to get jordan AND others because of stuff with zeke.. jordan didn’t need explicitly said it, but he didn’t have to because stuff was kinda known

Last edited:
There's more than enough stuff in it that made Jordan look bad.

exactly

and a perfect example to contrast him with pippen

pippen being polite and stopping to talk to reporters and MJ blowing the horn and making noise so he could get some golf in

If that’s the case, why not just make it about the last year then?
Whoever directed it obviously had a vision for a much longer doc. So they made it about the last year but also filled you in to what led up to it.

Why cover everything else and not be exhaustive and comprehensive?
Cuz it's a documentary not a biography.

You do know they got like a 100 hours of unseen footage right?

And why only allow MJ to shape the narrative?
What do you mean allow? :lol: MJ was exec producer of this.

Good chance this wouldn't be made if he didn't want it to be made and if somehow it was still made without his okay you'd be complaining about why they didn't interview MJ for this to be exhaustive and comprehensive.

Bill Simmons Podcast exposing Last Dance misinformation.

Jordan, though not directly, did have something to do with Zeke not making the Olympics.

But end of the day, I’m grateful for ESPN for showing the documentary during COVID, an opportunity to relive the 90s and see what made MJ such a force during the 90s.

Jordan, though not directly, did have something to do with Zeke not making the Olympics.

But end of the day, I’m grateful for ESPN for showing the documentary during COVID, an opportunity to relive the 90s and see what made MJ such a force during the 90s.

Can someone expose all the misinformation bill simmons have been doing.

how is this any different from what I said?

Also

wasn’t a push off. See the biomechanical breakdown here:

3433BFB0-340E-4502-90E7-F86E29CCF65B.jpeg

After watching the game 6 movie a breakdown like this isn’t even needed. At the end of the first qtr. , before the buzzer sounded Jordan gave Russell and soft crossover at the right elbow and he was falling over on that cross . After all these years I thought Jordan pushed off but noticing how hard Russell bit on that move at end of the first qtr., there was no to push him on the last shot. He took himself out of both plays.

I was hoping that they would touch on Scottie asking for an illegal defense before the final shot and the ref pushing him away. (Right as jordan crosses half court at about 15 seconds) The only person I have ever heard mention it was Bill Simmons on a podcast recently. They wouldn’t call it in that situation but if they did no last shot.

Thought they would touch on
-Jordan getting mad about Zo giving Pip the big knot on his head in the playoffs and not shaking his hand at the tip-off.

- Rodman going to Vegas twice while in Utah during the 97 finals

-Rodman kicking the cameraman.

- The new person on the training staff, Jordan said was his motivation when going for # 5 or one for the thumb.

- Or something as simple as Jordan not wearing his knee sleeve during 96-97 but wore it the season after and just about every other year before. Remember when we were younger always trying to figure out why that one year he didn’t.

I thought the rumor about the WCW wanting Malone and rodman to amp things during the finals was false. But on the game 6 movie you can see dickey Simpkins elbowing Burrell and they are laughing. Steve Kerr is on the end of the bench laughing. And the some of the staff behind them are laughing. When rodman was tripping Malone going up court.

Or even in that Jordan 12 doubt me commercial, did he really jump from the free throw line at 35-36 years old

The vangundy con man comments when he was coaching the Knicks.

Last edited:
exactly

and a perfect example to contrast him with pippen

pippen being polite and stopping to talk to reporters and MJ blowing the horn and making noise so he could get some golf in

i know that's not the point but the whole blowing the horn / golfing before playoffs sequence has been exposed as not following the timeline, golfing in Orlando (from where they shown the footage) took place 2 months earlier than MJ blowing the horn on the team bus

I'm 3 episodes away from finishing this series. pretty interesting and eye-opening. I'll give my thoughts once I'm done watching all episodes.

Was listening to a podcast and a great point was made by van Lathan

he was taking about that moment when Jordan cried and how he thought it was that moment he realized how much he had sacrificed

distinguishing between Jordan and Lebron.. how Lebron clearly has a great relationship with his kids and family

whereas Jordan was just an overly competitive psycho

and then when you think of the family environment Jordan came from, especially in comparison to Lebron.. and then you have Lebron being on the cover of magazines from the 10th grade whole jordan was over analyzing any perceived slight

obviously both care about basketball and success.. but Lebron seems to genuinely find happiness elsewhere.. whereas Jordan seems temporarily happy in the celebration and then it’s back to trying to find something else for that itch

was this pod:

Now that it's all aired I started watching. Finished Episode 1 and man I forgot just how many scrubs played on the Bulls throughout the 90's.
Crazy that Bill Wennington played for so long with them and won 4 chips.
In an era where Centers were so dominant and gave us some of the GOAT Centers of all time the Bulls never needed one.

Now that it's all aired I started watching. Finished Episode 1 and man I forgot just how many scrubs played on the Bulls throughout the 90's.
Crazy that Bill Wennington played for so long with them and won 4 chips.
In an era where Centers were so dominant and gave us some of the GOAT Centers of all time the Bulls never needed one.

Those scrubs were all necessary pieces. These highlights make like MJ did it alone.

Last time I seen any one person win a single game, not series was A.I Sixers vs Lakers.

a lot of yall just sound bitter wanting more mj backlash but for what?
not sure why you weren't expecting a biased documentary
it's called the last dance celebrating their record breaking season

did you really expect mj to give the green light to release this footage 20 years later just to slander himself?

yall bringing up craig hodges and hoarce grant for what?
:lol: no one gives a **** about craig hodges, horace grant, or karl malone interviews.

Jordan came from a time where the marketing of such athletes left them too pristine. Many in that era did not even know that Jordan used profanity. So considering the age we are living in now, to expect an even closer look beneath the hood isn’t out of the ordinary. This is due to the current standards held through media.

Last edited:
a lot of yall just sound bitter wanting more mj backlash but for what?
not sure why you weren't expecting a biased documentary
it's called the last dance celebrating their record breaking season

did you really expect mj to give the green light to release this footage 20 years later just to slander himself?

yall bringing up craig hodges and hoarce grant for what?
:lol: no one gives a **** about craig hodges, horace grant, or karl malone interviews.

They just wanted an NBA version of the Self-Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior documentary.

Last edited:
Jordan came from a time where the marketing of such athletes left them too pristine. Many in that era did not even knew that Jordan used profanity. So considering the age we are living in now, to expect an even closer look beneath the hood isn’t out of the ordinary. This s due to the current standards held through media,

Well said. I know in one of the later episodes, Jordan was saying if he could do it again he wouldn’t want to be seen as a role model. But that pristine image played a part in the marketing, endorsements etc. He had the perfect wholesome image. Aside from the gambling stuff, he was usually media friendly, said the right things and benefited hugely from playing in an era where the technology was there to market the game on a global level, but didn’t have the social media magnifying class athletes today currently play under.

Kids who grew up in that era middle aged adults now. And they want to know more about how Mike really was.

Back
Top Bottom