"The Last Dance" Michael Jordan & Chicago Bulls Docuseries

If Scottie wasn't happy with the way he was portrayed, he shouldn't have said the things he said.

I actually didn't care that he did.

If you gotta pick between the two at that time you go with MJ.

Thing is I don't doubt other players didn't want Zeke there either.

Like of all the beefs/motivations/slights/trash talk real or imagined we saw the one MJ had with Isaiah must've been something else for it to be held on to that long.

Plus MJ petty.

Jordan came from a time where the marketing of such athletes left them too pristine. Many in that era did not even know that Jordan used profanity. So considering the age we are living in now, to expect an even closer look beneath the hood isn’t out of the ordinary. This is due to the current standards held through media.

Jordan came from a time where the marketing of such athletes left them too pristine. Many in that era did not even know that Jordan used profanity. So considering the age we are living in now, to expect an even closer look beneath the hood isn’t out of the ordinary. This is due to the current standards held through media.

having finished watching the last dance and reading the posts here, I think they should have elaborated also the time/era that Jordan originated from. growing up in that generation of basketball certainly was entirely different, it was highly competitive and team oriented. it was a no-hold barred basketball. no friends, just teammates. I can understand why Jordan have that kind of mindset as it was conditioned for that specific generation. Bird, Magic, and Zeke for example also have that kind of competitiveness and toughness on court. and I agree that those kind of behaviors aren't really much well-known due to the lack of exposure and presence of social media. players back then were able to cuss, punch, bully, etc... without much penalty. nowadays, it's just a different environment. if we would classify basketball generations, Jordan's generation was the typical X-rating while nowadays is just mere wholesome general patronage. if this documentary came out in the 90's, most people wouldn't even give a big deal about Jordan's attitude but rather commended. I guess the people that are reacting about it are the new generation or influenced by the new generation's sensitive feelings.

I would look at Jordan's attitude in several ways. one generation would say that his attitude is strong and built for competition, the other generation would say, he's a jerk and another would say both.

for me personally, I would say he's both strong-minded and at the same time a jerk. but this is basketball, we aren't really talking about someone being a role-model. although Jordan could have been better, but that just isn't him. he's not exactly humanitarian or can cure cancer. He's the greatest basketball player so far unless someone could upstage him, but he's not the greatest role model as far as sports icons are concerned. if I'm looking for a great sports icon and great role model, I'd look at another sport and I would say that Lionel Messi would be that. too bad I'm not a fan of that sport but I have seen how that guy deserved to be the greatest football player and great humanitarian as well. I would say his underdog story would be much better than Jordan's Last Dance. I like Jordan as a basketball player, that's about it.

MJ is a pathological liar, part of his charm.

he didn't lie. if I'm not mistaken, he didn't say he was directly involved on Zeke not getting selected. he didn't say don't select Zeke on the Dream Team, he just said, he won't play if Zeke is there. Jordan isn't exactly the Dream Team general manager. on the otherhand, I can understand why the committee chose Jordan over Zeke and it's for marketing purposes. people aren't exactly going to watch Zeke play, people wanted to see Jordan.

Personally I don’t care about him not wanting isiah on the team. Call it payback for the freeze out in the 85 all star game, call it payback for not shaking hands in 91. That’s fine. Isiah wasn’t well liked by his peers.

I just find it real selective when some people give Jordan a pass or downplay any petty moves he made throughout his career while vilifying isiah Thomas or whoever they aren’t a fan of for whatever foul moves they did.

But hey, from years of seeing LeBron and Kobe stans go at it on here, the mental gymnastics to defend a guy you like while going out your way to be critical of the other can be the norm at times.

I mean jordan comes off as a straight up overly competitive psychopath in this.. but he won and it was in the pursuit of greatness/winning

we admire that drive, but we also get to enjoy it from afar

I could easily see how he could wear down teammates, coaches, friends and family

on the zeke thing, NBA were focused on 3 main guys.. MJ was obviously number 1 then magic and bird.. jordan didn’t need to explicitly say it, but if dude did say if zeke is going I’m not going then that made it easy for the NBA to choose

Also if anything chuck Daly should catch heat since obviously he was dude’s coach and could have spoke up for him

Personally I don’t care about him not wanting isiah on the team. Call it payback for the freeze out in the 85 all star game, call it payback for not shaking hands in 91. That’s fine. Isiah wasn’t well liked by his peers.

I just find it real selective when some people give Jordan a pass or downplay any petty moves he made throughout his career while vilifying isiah Thomas or whoever they aren’t a fan of for whatever foul moves they did.

But hey, from years of seeing LeBron and Kobe stans go at it on here, the mental gymnastics to defend a guy you like while going out your way to be critical of the other can be the norm at times.

we can only think of a few reasons why "some people" give Jordan a pass. call it charisma or marketability. on the otherhand, Isiah Thomas's notoriety wasn't unfounded, as he practically did that to himself. he was the brains behind the Bad Boy Pistons and "some people" in general don't sit well with that. that walk-off in 91 solely sealed his fate and practically was called a real show of unsportsmanship and disrespect to a fellow competitor. that alone what made Zeke a household name and not in a good way. so, are we going to blame Jordan for that?

I mean jordan comes off as a straight up overly competitive psychopath in this.. but he won and it was in the pursuit of greatness/winning

we admire that drive, but we also get to enjoy it from afar

I could easily see how he could wear down teammates, coaches, friends and family

on the zeke thing, NBA were focused on 3 main guys.. MJ was obviously number 1 then magic and bird.. jordan didn’t need to explicitly say it, but if dude did say if zeke is going I’m not going then that made it easy for the NBA to choose

Also if anything chuck Daly should catch heat since obviously he was dude’s coach and could have spoke up for him

as far as wearing down teammates, I can only imagine in my youth having those, including yours truly. boy was I really competitive as was some people during those days. I guess the mentality in playing basketball was also different back then. you have this level of expectation to your teammates as your goal is to win at all cost as if your life depended on it. Basketball was life. players didn't play for endorsements but for the love of the game.
nowadays it seems people just play, laugh it out whether you win or lose. it is just a game. because at the end of the day, the big bucks will flow. so far, I see hope in Zion. that guy is a workhorse.

as far as wearing down teammates, I can only imagine in my youth having those, including yours truly. boy was I really competitive as was some people during those days. I guess the mentality in playing basketball was also different back then. you have this level of expectation to your teammates as your goal is to win at all cost as if your life depended on it. Basketball was life. players didn't play for endorsements but for the love of the game.
nowadays it seems people just play, laugh it out whether you win or lose. it is just a game. because at the end of the day, the big bucks will flow. so far, I see hope in Zion. that guy is a workhorse.

As a fan, I want more people like jordan that care that much..

Also I’ve been very vocal against the move durant had pulled.. because to me, that 2016 playoffs and season was so great on a number of levels beyond just the finals

I’m personally overly competitive too, but I never had that stack the deck attitude my team was my team.. but I was mainly track and swimming growing up, so those were individual outside of relays and the overly score.. but then I mainly played football when I went stateside

but even though I talked shhh, I just was never a dude to get on my teammates.. I tried to encourage more than anything and be harder on myself on things

As a fan, I want more people like jordan that care that much..

Also I’ve been very vocal against the move durant had pulled.. because to me, that 2016 playoffs and season was so great on a number of levels beyond just the finals

I’m personally overly competitive too, but I never had that stack the deck attitude my team was my team.. but I was mainly track and swimming growing up, so those were individual outside of relays and the overly score.. but then I mainly played football when I went stateside

but even though I talked shhh, I just was never a dude to get on my teammates.. I tried to encourage more than anything and be harder on myself on things

well, I guess we have to blame Lebron for that "THE DECISION" trend. but ultimately, I never come to like the guy even if I wanted to. for a behemoth that he is, he's a P*S*Y ! if only he acted more like a man, that would have been nice.

as far as myself as a teammate, I did get on with my teammates way back, only because they were playing like garbage while I was killing myself.

back to the NBA, I thought initially that Jimmy Butler had that kind of mentality in Chicago and when he got frustrated with guys like KAT and Wiggins at Minny when they were teammates. while there was some truth to that, the primary motivator was money for Jimmy. ultimately, his downfall was during the playoffs.

it's too bad, we are missing that kind of basketball intensity nowadays. I miss that feeling of excitement whenever teams would play. as I've noticed, people are just more concerned of the final scoreboard and who won rather than watch the entire game. I guess people are fed-up with players' A*$-Kissing others during the game.

In 92 John Stockton was better than Isiah

Dumars was better than him in 92

Unless you make it a lifetime achievement award, but the fact that several people didn't want him on the team I'm sure was the deciding factor.

This was 30 years ago. Why is this a big deal?

we can only think of a few reasons why "some people" give Jordan a pass. call it charisma or marketability. on the otherhand, Isiah Thomas's notoriety wasn't unfounded, as he practically did that to himself. he was the brains behind the Bad Boy Pistons and "some people" in general don't sit well with that. that walk-off in 91 solely sealed his fate and practically was called a real show of unsportsmanship and disrespect to a fellow competitor. that alone what made Zeke a household name and not in a good way. so, are we going to blame Jordan for that?

Isiah did it to himself. I agree. I could see how his actions over the years alienated both his peers and fans. He doesn’t do himself any favors either with how he comes off as desperate to be liked also.

I’m not blaming Jordan for anything per say. More so pointing out that people pick and choose who they’ll turn the other way and disregard petty stuff from, and who they’ll allow it from.

Isiah did it to himself. I agree. I could see how his actions over the years alienated both his peers and fans. He doesn’t do himself any favors either with how he comes off as desperate to be liked also.

I’m not blaming Jordan for anything per say. More so pointing out that people pick and choose who they’ll turn the other way and disregard petty stuff from, and who they’ll allow it from.

more of choose the lesser evil kind of thing. as far as teammate behavior goes, I like Magic the best. as far as entertainment goes, Sir Charles would be it, the guy is just funny. honorable mention would be Shaq, loved him as a Magic player and hated him as a Laker only because he beat my teams.

well, I guess we have to blame Lebron for that "THE DECISION" trend. but ultimately, I never come to like the guy even if I wanted to. for a behemoth that he is, he's a P*S*Y ! if only he acted more like a man, that would have been nice.

as far as myself as a teammate, I did get on with my teammates way back, only because they were playing like garbage while I was killing myself.

back to the NBA, I thought initially that Jimmy Butler had that kind of mentality in Chicago and when he got frustrated with guys like KAT and Wiggins at Minny when they were teammates. while there was some truth to that, the primary motivator was money for Jimmy. ultimately, his downfall was during the playoffs.

it's too bad, we are missing that kind of basketball intensity nowadays. I miss that feeling of excitement whenever teams would play. as I've noticed, people are just more concerned of the final scoreboard and who won rather than watch the entire game. I guess people are fed-up with players' A*$-Kissing others during the game.

while i hated the move with lebron, looking back on it they had to literally gut the team to make it happen.. plus legit teams coming at them was huge, never was just a cakewalk.. but it was a bad look, that's why '16 was so huge for lebron

but it was a whole other level with durant going to golden state.. they had won a title in '15.. then in '16 they break the single season record and have stacked team.. and because of that path in the playoffs (kinda tough series vs portland, then a tough one vs OKC and then that finals), it took a hell of alot for them to lose in the final seconds of game 7

but the last couple of years in the NBA havent been entertaining to me.. literally took a couple of injuries to take down the warriors and even still it took 6 games.. but there have been a couple good series the last couple years (sixers/celtics, warriors/rockets and sixers/toronto)

It sucks to see all the over analyzing and arguments that this documentary has started in the last month. Then you find out that 90% of it was fabricated and came from one perspective and the Doc didn’t do anything to try and get the other side of the story. They should have just had Nike sponsor it!

while i hated the move with lebron, looking back on it they had to literally gut the team to make it happen.. plus legit teams coming at them was huge, never was just a cakewalk.. but it was a bad look, that's why '16 was so huge for lebron

but it was a whole other level with durant going to golden state.. they had won a title in '15.. then in '16 they break the single season record and have stacked team.. and because of that path in the playoffs (kinda tough series vs portland, then a tough one vs OKC and then that finals), it took a hell of alot for them to lose in the final seconds of game 7

but the last couple of years in the NBA havent been entertaining to me.. literally took a couple of injuries to take down the warriors and even still it took 6 games.. but there have been a couple good series the last couple years (sixers/celtics, warriors/rockets and sixers/toronto)

well, it was huge for Lebron considering he's from Cleveland. other than that, he was a spoiled kid by the management. he practically gets what he wanted as far as getting the players he wanted, so a much worse crime than what Durant did. and when the first sign of trouble came, he goes out going his way and start blaming others. if only he wasn't the NBA's poster boy, he would have received more animosity than what he had and still receiving to this day. I do feel the same that the NBA hasn't been that great for the last couple of seasons but I'm seeing some hope. I'm liking the new guys and fairly old guys like Lillard, Tatum, Luka, Trae young, Zion, etc... which is really great. but something like that Draymond Green and Lonzo Ball is something the NBA doesn't need.

More than a few of these impressive plays were forgotten by me, because they lost some of these games. Do people even understand the level of difficulty involved with these fadeaway jumpers? He made every move look so ordinary.

The fadeaways were impressive there wasn't a single layup I saw that I haven't seen A.I. do and .ake look more difficult :lol:

Mike's midrange game is disgusting. Like once he mastered that it didn't matter how hard the fade away is.

Last edited:
its crazy if you put it in perspective... MJ didnt shoot a lot of 3's and was strictly a mid ranger jump shooter or drive to the basket type guy...also he was a guard at that but to average 30 plus every year and led the league in scoring is crazy... not only that he averaged 50% shooting... he took it to the basket but still impressive for a guard to average 50% shooting consistently... that alone makes mike different and is deserving of goat status...

its crazy if you put it in perspective... MJ didnt shoot a lot of 3's and was strictly a mid ranger jump shooter or drive to the basket type guy...also he was a guard at that but to average 30 plus every year and led the league in scoring is crazy... not only that he averaged 50% shooting... he took it to the basket but still impressive for a guard to average 50% shooting consistently... that alone makes mike different and is deserving of goat status...
...and 30ppg back when teams closed out around 80pts. Monster.

Back
Top Bottom