The NBA Draft Thread

Gonna have to watch some film on him later.

Most definitely, his FIBA play is :x.

Destroying all the best young players in Europe and flirting with triple doubles.

His best comparison would be Draymond/Lakers Odom lite with more height and better shooting coming in.
So could he potentially be better than Simmons? :lol: cause that's the comparison I have for Ben.

Loved watching Embiid in college, despite Self only playing him 23 MPG. Really hope he can get healthy.

So could he potentially be better than Simmons? :lol: cause that's the comparison I have for Ben.

It's not a popular opinion but I don't see why he couldn't be better than Simmons.

He's younger, more skilled, much better shooter, height advantage.

Simmons is more physically developed, rebounds better, a little more explosive athletically but everything else is up for debate.

Loved watching Embiid in college, despite Self only playing him 23 MPG. Really hope he can get healthy.

I'm praying he will too because there is no doubt in my mind he can be a dominant player health permitting.

You just don't find big men who naturally move like that, he's basically everything you want in a big. Explosive, fluid, great touch, great instincts and he's strong as an ox now.

There's nothing he can't do from the 5 position and he's hilarious off the court so if he does turn out to be great he'll be a media darling.

Right on time.
pimp.gif
I didn't realize his bro played for Maryland 
eek.gif

Video looks like it had an unlimited budget lol

I'm praying he will too because there is no doubt in my mind he can be a dominant player health permitting.

You just don't find big men who naturally move like that, he's basically everything you want in a big. Explosive, fluid, great touch, great instincts and he's strong as an ox now.

There's nothing he can't do from the 5 position and he's hilarious off the court so if he does turn out to be great he'll be a media darling.
He's basically a more nimble version of Okafor that shows that he cares and can thrive defensively.

Last edited:
What's Bender's wingspan? Seems like he got short arms 

His skills and height combo really don't even match anyone, dude is unique just like Zinger

I might have to take him #3 tbh, these other guards are nice but the special factor is higher in Bender

Dunn, Murray and Buddy should be nice productive players... the ceiling on Bender seems higher than them 

I do think you guys are pumping up Bender a little much though....To me, his ceiling is ultimate glue guy and jack of all trades role player. He's the kind of player I really like, but I don't know if I want to use #3 on him as a Celtics fan because I don't think he'll ever be a star. OKB mentioned something in here a week or two ago that I completely agreed with. If Bender had played AAU, he would have a different mentality that would likely give him a better chance to be a star with his skillset.

It seems like he does a lot of things pretty well, but nothing at an elite level. Doesn't have high level athleticism or that aggressive mentality that someone like Porzingis does. He looks to be much more passive. As far as skillset goes, I can see the Draymond comparisons. However, again, Draymond has that alpha dog mentality that just can't be taught.

Did we already have a Chriss vs Bender discussion?

I feel Chriss could also be a nice productive pro like those three guards 

I still feel like I'd risk #3 for Bender though

Bender if he has the work ethic of Porzingis will likely be 2nd best player in the draft behind Simmons

I do think you guys are pumping up Bender a little much though....To me, his ceiling is ultimate glue guy and jack of all trades role player. He's the kind of player I really like, but I don't know if I want to use #3 on him as a Celtics fan because I don't think he'll ever be a star. OKB mentioned something in here a week or two ago that I completely agreed with. If Bender had played AAU, he would have a different mentality that would likely give him a better chance to be a star with his skillset.

It seems like he does a lot of things pretty well, but nothing at an elite level. Doesn't have high level athleticism or that aggressive mentality that someone like Porzingis does. He looks to be much more passive. As far as skillset goes, I can see the Draymond comparisons. However, again, Draymond has that alpha dog mentality that just can't be taught.

Not comparing him to Kris at all because they are different players but Lamar Odom never had that mentality and still became a dominant player who at his peak was the best point forward besides Lebron.

I'm not going to psycho-analyze the kid, all I know is when he played against elite competition, he dominated.

He's 7'1, can shoot the 3 , comfortable handling the ball on the wing, shows elite vision and can switch PnR before his 19th birthday, it's not hard to be excited about that.

Y'all see the game is moving towards players like him, I just don't see how he doesn't become an above average player after he grows into his body.

Not directly compare Chriss and Bender, I just mean a discussion on who you take first and the reasons

Read through Draftexpress and saw that both Chriss and Bender struggle on the defensive glass

Did we already have a Chriss vs Bender discussion?

I feel Chriss could also be a nice productive pro like those three guards 

I still feel like I'd risk #3 for Bender though

Depends on what you looking for, Chriss will be the better defender and if he maxes out his skill set he can be elite on that with his athleticism and anticipation.

Bender has a higher offensive ceiling but Chriss projects well against man to man defense and is already an elite mid range shooter who's range will improve.

I'm going Bender every time though personally because his ceiling is rare and if he peaks correctly he's a franchise player.

Imagine a small ball lineup with him at the 5 with shooters at 1-4?

Cheat codes.

Chriss maxes out he's a great 3rd piece.

Last edited:
Bender reminds me of Splitter, with more shooting range. Maybe I'm underrating his prospects since I haven't watch too much of him.

Bender reminds me of Splitter, with more shooting range. Maybe I'm underrating his prospects since I haven't watch too much of him.
I feel like Bender is much more fluid than Splitter and has better ball skills

Splitter is an exceptional passer for a big but he's pretty stationary. Bender seems more fleet of foot

Splitter was the best passing big since 97? :lol:

Didn't know Splitter could run offense either.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom