The NBA Draft Thread

Potentially Dunn-Simmons-Embiid is awesome. I have no clue what happens with Noel or the rest of the roster so I can't comment on the rest at this moment

I like LA's core, but unless one of those guys turns into a superstar i cant see them being in the playoffs for another 2-3 years. Also, Clarkson is better served as a 6th man imo.

I love Ingram but I personally don't think Russell, Clarkson or Randle are winning types of players. They're all me-first "get buckets" type of basketball players and none of them are good defenders. That's not a good mix of young talent IMO.

Be honest, how many Lakers games did you watch last season?

They are really good young players who were in a ****** situation and still showed promise especially Randle and Russell later on in the year.

Anytime Kobe wasn't playing and Byron got out of the damn way, you could see the future.

Now they have one of the best young coaches in the league, the best scorer in the draft and they gonna Milly Rock in cap space the next two years.

I like LA's core, but unless one of those guys turns into a superstar i cant see them being in the playoffs for another 2-3 years. Also, Clarkson is better served as a 6th man imo.

They won't need to if we sign an established star
Big IF though

Trust the process indeed, let the kids grow

Last edited:
#TRUSTTHEPROCESS :lol: :lol: I see you, Ben.

I still feel like Whiteside in LA would be a guaranteed ticking time bomb. His livewire *** out in Hollywood on a squad filled with kids? Dis tew much. Going from a solid core of vets w/ strong leadership out in Miami to…what? A young rookie head coach and Trucker Hat are gonna rein him in if he acts up? Lou Will and his two b****** are the veteran presence out there to hold players accountable? I feel like it would only be a matter of time...

That being said though, if you're the Lakers and you have a real shot at him, you go for it and worry about the rest later. They're currently not in a position to turn down someone like Whiteside.

:rofl: :rofl: @ Lou Will Polygamy Academy LA Chapter.

Yea I worry about his temperament, son has serious roid rage but he matured at a big pace throughout last season and I think he's ready.

Dude was playing in Lebanon, he's not going to **** up the chance to go from that to potentially being a star getting max money on a good young team in the biggest market you can find besides NYC.

They won't need to if we sign an established star. Big IF though

An established star wont go to a young team with young players still tryna prove themselves. They'll get the tier 2 free agents (whiteside, horford, etc), which is fine if you're able to get a couple of them.

Last edited:

Clarkson will eventually shift to 6th man.

They also should go all in on getting Paul George in 2018.

I love Paul George and can def see him going there. Can they afford derozan and whiteside this offseason?

Depressing is a way too strong word.

Just because his game and build are similar to Gallo doesn't mean he won't be a multiple All Star, he's already better than Gallo at the same age, more athletic, better finisher etc.

KD is a potential top 5 player depending on the rest of his career, Ingram doesn't have that level of potential but who does?
Yea that's a great core for the next 6-7 years.

Grams is somewhere in that KD, giannis phenotype. He'll be linked to them for the rest of his career probably.

Clarkson is gonna shine this year. I'm tired of all this 6 man talk :lol:

Last edited:
I watched a ton of Lakers games and actually saw Kobe's last game in Charlotte in person. Russell is talented for sure but waaaay too immature to run a team. Randle and Clarkson both make stupid decisions and play out of control half the time. Clarkson is definitely best served as a 6th man. We'll have to see what the Lakers do in free agency cause that group of guys is way too damn young and immature to win many games.

I love Paul George and can def see him going there. Can they afford derozan and whiteside this offseason?

DeRozan is trash, let Toronto overpay for him.

They JUST got rid of Kobe and you talking about them signing a homeless man's version of his prime.

They'll need some kind of go 2 scorer. I dont like him, but wouldnt be surprised if thats who they go after.

Russell
PG
Ingram
Randle
Whiteside

Clarkson/Nance 6th men

I'm definitely rocking with that, you switching everything on defense, an elite perimeter defender, an elite rim protector, 4 capable ballhandlers and passers, 3 shooters and can slide in Clarkson if it's small ball.

Would love if they went in that direction, that's not even counting all the other pieces they would pick up over that time.

They'll need some kind of go 2 scorer. I dont like him, but wouldnt be surprised if thats who they go after.

Ingram will be a 1st option from day one, he's already a really good ISO player and can come off of screens.

They really need a shooter and to move Clarkson to 6th man so that spacing will open up more.

Russell/Ingram should be the 1st options, this is the time for them to get that experience.

Russell
PG
Ingram
Randle
Whiteside

Clarkson/Nance 6th men

I'm definitely rocking with that, you switching everything on defense, an elite perimeter defender, an elite rim protector, 4 capable ballhandlers and passers, 3 shooters and can slide in Clarkson if it's small ball.

Would love if they went in that direction, that's not even counting all the other pieces they would pick up over that time.

If KD actually leaves OKC, Russy is all but a lock to come next year. Then they'd still have money the following summer to chase PG13.

If KD actually leaves OKC, Russy is all but a lock to come next year. Then they'd still have money the following summer to chase PG13.

That would be ideal but this ain't 2K.

KD isn't leaving though, they were 1 game away from the Finals and got better as time went on.

There is no better situation for him. Russ ain't coming to the Lakers but that's fine because D'Angelo is special and will be a great PG in his own right.

PG is most definitely an option and likely, he's a lifetime Laker fan and Cali guy, he would beloved in LA and would make a killing off the court, he's turning into a superstar and will be peaking right at that time.

Back
Top Bottom