The NBA Draft Thread

ALL of them? Maybe Harkless and Westbrook (more due to shot selection) Everyone else is at least a respected shooter. Most are good just not elite You serious?
All of that second group is definitely streaky shooters from 3.  I didn't say that they're bad.

I'd honestly be interested in reading that.  The only time I have heard this is on NT.  I've read a couple of articles from analytical type guys and they basically said that 3 pt% and ft% are roughly the same in terms on NBA 3 pt% indicators, but neither are really a good, accurate judge.  I've got a rep waiting for whoever posts the article, im honestly curious.

http://fansided.com/2015/05/25/projecting-draft-prospects-three-point-percentages/
Yeah, it's received knowledge for me.  I'm not sure what study has been done either.  

35% is now struggling from 3? It's basically being a decent 3 point shooter.

And then to use struggle when you put him next to a guy that was 29%.

:lol:

Last edited:
I think it's pretty intuitive to see why the 3pt% isn't the best indicator since it's a shorter line than the NBA 3. Exhibit A on my Lakers, D'Lo and Ingram who both shot 40% from 3 in college but struggled so far with the NBA 3.

Are you gonna hold Lonzo to the same standards too, seeing as he shot 41% from 3 but only 67% from the line?

I think it's pretty intuitive to see why the 3pt% isn't the best indicator since it's a shorter line than the NBA 3. Exhibit A on my Lakers, D'Lo and Ingram who both shot 40% from 3 in college but struggled so far with the NBA 3.
D'Lo struggles from the 3?

Didn't he make 8 3s in a game before? Another game with 7?

35% ain't good especially on almost 6 shots a game. Especially when he was billed as an elite shooter coming in. 

Do you think Westbrook is a good or even average 3 point shooter cause he hit 34% on 7 attempts too this season. 

Last edited:
It's crazy the divide that Laker fans have amongst eachother
laugh.gif
Because they're different levels of Laker fanfare, lol.

Typically happens with the more historic national sport teams (Cowboys, Yankees, Lakers, etc)

There's the "all I know about basketball is Magic, Shaq, and Kobe" fans.

Then there's the realistic fans.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It's not like Dlo is shooting 35% with 2 shots a game either. He's a high volume shooter surrounded by bad shooters.
4.6 attempts his rookie year (35.1%)
6.1 attempts his sophomore year (35.2%)

And he compared him to Ingram who shot 29.4% on 2.1 threes a game. Bruh gunna be calling for an Ingram statue outside Staples if he shoots like Dlo next year.

You're also comparing Russy in year 9 with NBA shooting coaches/gyms/offseasons to 2 years of Dlo. Guess what Russy was shooting in his first 2 years?
27.1% on 1.6 attempts.
22.1% on 1.3 attempts.

Russy is average in year 9 but Dlo is struggling in year 2. Lmfao. Granted, Russy was a supreme athlete who was never billed as a shooter so he worked hella hard at it and improved drastically, but if 35% is as bad as Dlo will ever shoot from 3 (especially if he's taking 5+ attempts a game), I'll take that all day. Wouldn't be surprising to see him hit 40%. And if he maintains a high volume, that would be elite shooting.

Last edited:
Was Westbrook ever billed as an elite shooter coming into the league? Was D'angelo? And there are people now that have in the past week since the draft lottery called him great or elite. With his pristine 41% FG% overall that actually went down slightly this season.

Last edited:
Was Westbrook ever billed as an elite shooter coming into the league? Was D'angelo? And there are people now that have in the past week since the draft lottery called him great or elite. With his pristine 41% FG% overall that actually went down slightly this season.

Who the hell is calling him an elite shooter in here?

You are literally just making up reasons to dislike him because he dry snitched on a teammate

Last edited:

35% ain't good especially on almost 6 shots a game. Especially when he was billed as an elite shooter coming in. 

Do you think Westbrook is a good or even average 3 point shooter cause he hit 34% on 7 attempts too this season. 
Soooo, with the 4 foot difference and NBA caliber defense......

He shot 41% in college and 35% in the NBA, 
laugh.gif

Wouldn't call that struggling.

Plus, factor in that he's the only 3 point threat so a lot of the "game winning" or contested shots during crunch time come from him.

Someone find his percentage on open looks.

Russ took 9 years to improve his shot to average. Dlo already shooting at an average level with large volume in year 2. What do you think Dlo is gunna be shooting in year 9?

Do you just expect 1 & dones to come in shooting 45% like prime Curry? Are you gunna be equally as mad if Lonzo isn't shooting 38% on 5 attempts right away?

Not to mention the fact that Russ played with shooters like KD & Harden for his first 5 years. Only shooter Dlo had was Nick ******* Young :lol:

Last edited:
Who the hell is calling him an elite shooter in here?

You are literally just making up reasons to dislike him because he dry snitched on a teammate

Not here on networks, radio, and articles when the Lakers secured the #2 pick and the possibility of trading him has come up.

Not here on networks, radio, and articles when the Lakers secured the #2 pick and the possibility of trading him has come up.

Proof or it didn't happen

I feel like we need the NY Times up in here to fact check your ***

Last edited:
Proof or it didn't happen

I feel like we need the NY Times up in here to fact check your ***

Marc Spears calls him a great shooter starting at about 4:00

You can listen to any Mason & Ireland or Afternoons w/ Kelvin and Marcellus radio show within the days after the draft lottery that say similar stuff. Great or elite shooter doesn't constitute 35% I'm sorry. The perception coming in and even now amongst some just doesn't match up with reality.

Last edited:
The amount of players age 21 or under that have shot over 35% with 6+ attempts in the NBA.

1. JR Smith, age 21 (06-07), 39% on 6.1 attempts

2. Zach Lavine, age 22 (16-17), 38.7% on 6.6 attempts (turned 22 in March post injury)

3. Danilo Gallinari, age 21 (09-10), 38.1% on 6.0 attempts

4. Dlo, age 21 (16-17) 35.2% on 6.1 attempts

Devin Booker (who Mamba constantly hypes cuz he thinks it makes taking Okafor over Dlo look better), 36.3% on 5.2 attempts (2016-2017). Is Devin Booker not a shooter, Mamba?

Last edited:
I feel like D'Lo shooting the league average from 3 on 6 attempts per with the teammates he has is more of a reflection of how good of a shooter he than a bad one.

37.4% on Catch and Shoot 3's

38% on Wide Open 3's

41% from 16 to the 3,

To me, that appears to be someone that can shoot, especially when you account for the fact that he's being surrounded by bad shooters as a whole.

Back
Top Bottom