The NBA Draft Thread

Who compared Tatum to Otto and Barnes? I was pretty active in this thread and I don't think I every saw that.

His comparison was always Melo, PP to a much lesser extent but maybe more now, and Tobias Harris.

Exum has played 2 years in the league. He missed a year with torn acl. Still only 21. Might not want to write him off just yet.

Even though that's true. The hype with him was off the roof, even having mock drafts taking him as high as 2 in a deep class.

I'd say his career hasn't picked up nearly as much if at all. I've seen his best game last season and it mainly consisted of one-sided drives and open layups. Dude has not shot, I hope he worked on diversifying his offensive game this offseason.

I flip flopped between Tatum as CBB season went on. Went from a Jeff Green to a Wilson Chandler/Tobias to me.

These PG and PP comparisons are wild. Dont think he'll be a #1-2 option on a good team.

Last edited:
Who compared Tatum to Otto and Barnes? I was pretty active in this thread and I don't think I every saw that.

His comparison was always Melo, PP to a much lesser extent but maybe more now, and Tobias Harris.
You clearly not as active as you thought if you missed those.

I flip flopped between Tatum as CBB season went on. Went from a Jeff Green to a Wilson Chandler/Tobias to me.

These PG and PP comparisons are wild. Dont think he'll be a #1-2 option on a good team.
:lol:

Are there any young players that you actually like?

Damn I thought this summer league team was better than some NBA teams :lol:

I was wrong...very, very wrong :lol: the guys we have on this summer league team besides Fultz, Korkmaz, TLC, Bolden and maybe Poythress are just names. There was a reason they weren't even drafted even though they were big names in college.

Brandon Austin deserves to be banned from summer league after that shot in the final seconds last night

:lol: Are there any young players that you actually like?

Lol ofcourse. I just like to keep it realistic since the chances of there being more than 4-5 all stars per draft are very slim. So people throwing these wild comparisons to clear cut tier 1 or 2 players...yea I'm not messing with that.

Last edited:
The Sixers aren't making the playoffs either chump

Only way we don't make the playoffs is if BOTH Embiid and Simmons go down again and miss more than 50 percent of the season. The East is straight trash right now.

Why do you not want them to be good so bad? You want the same teams to be contenders forever?

Last edited:
From past history it's a better chance Philly won't be healthy enough to make the playoffs ...n besides that teams that were that bad and depending on that many young players (they probly have 3 or 4 starters in their 1st 2 years of NBA experience) NEVER make the playoff leap until like the 3rd/4th year of being together ...

Always a steady progression to a playoff spot and this will be the 1st step for the sixers, 41 wins max if everything goes right

Last edited:
From past history it's a better chance Philly won't be healthy enough to make the playoffs ...n besides that teams that were that bad and depending on that many young players (they probly have 3 or 4 starters in their 1st 2 years of NBA experience) NEVER make the playoff leap until like the 3rd/4th year of being together ...

Always a steady progression to a playoff spot and this will be the 1st step for the sixers, 41 wins max if everything goes right

So you're saying if everything possible goes right, they remain completely healthy, Simmons and Fultz are everything they've been supposed to be and Redick is still an elite three point shooter, Embiid and Dario get even better.....the best possible outcome is they win 13 more games than last year in this awful *** Eastern Conference :lol:

Last edited:
The East might be weak enough but having two rookies in major roles is gonna make it tough. The only hope is Embiid staying healthy since he's THAT good.

6 spots are locked in with the East, may only have to win 38 games or so to get that 8 spot. Sixers, Hornets, Pistons battling for those last 2 spots.

Just cuz son got toprooks on his team he acting like he don't see how rookies struggle or how little they really know how to win games EVERY season :lol: ... Philly gon lose a whole bunch of close games just of the fact they got youngins out there that don't know what the **** they doing when it matters on the NBA level...that kinda **** ain't talent it comes with experience and trial n error

But u can't argue with the super fans and homers, everything gon be perfect

6 spots are locked in with the East, may only have to win 38 games or so to get that 8 spot. Sixers, Hornets, Pistons battling for those last 2 spots.
Only way Philly makes the playoffs if the 8th seed won total is THAT low :lol: ...it's gon be at least 35 just off the bad teams feasting on each other , it always is no matter how bad the conference is

Sixers fans name me some teams that depended on more than 2 or 3 players in their 1st couple years to be in the top 8 rotation to make the playoffs ?? ...I'll give y'all the past 50 years n wait .... n I ain't even throw in the fact of coming from being one of the absolute worst teams in the league :lol:

This Philly roster has built 0 chemistry and hasn't had an opportunity to form an identity for themselves. I get the talent is there but usually groups of talent struggle early while they figure each other's games out and these guys are rookies. Vets are going to take advantage of them on little things that will add up but hey, we've seen worse teams make the playoffs.

Only way we don't make the playoffs is if BOTH Embiid and Simmons go down again and miss more than 50 percent of the season. The East is straight trash right now.

Why do you not want them to be good so bad? You want the same teams to be contenders forever?

Nah, If Embiid goes down you could totally not make it, with few exception Rookies tend to suck nad you would be relying on multiple.

Last edited:
Fultz
Redick
Covington
Simmons
Embiid

TJ
Bayless
TLC
Stauskas
Saric
Holmes