The NBA Draft Thread

The problem with Lonzo to the Lakers is that even though he may be a floor general and have all these leadership qualities, I really dont think the other young Lakers (especially DLo, Clarkson, and Randle) will hand the keys over for Lonzo to run the team like he should.

That team needs some kind of veteran leadership badly because those guys for sure wont listen to a rookie when all the spotlight is on him.

Last edited:
The problem with Lonzo to the Lakers is that even though he may be a floor general and have all these leadership qualities, I really dont think the other young Lakers (especially DLo, Clarkson, and Randle) will hand the keys over for Lonzo to run the team like he should.

That team needs some kind of veteran leadership badly because those guys for sure wont listen to a rookie when all the spotlight is on him.
No doubt

Fox seems like a redux of Eldrid Payton imo
Even if Lonzo doesn't pan out, his offensive capabilities suit the NBA game well at least as a sixth man
But I doubt Lonzo will be not starting material

The problem with Lonzo to the Lakers is that even though he may be a floor general and have all these leadership qualities, I really dont think the other young Lakers (especially DLo, Clarkson, and Randle) will hand the keys over for Lonzo to run the team like he should. That team needs some kind of veteran leadership badly because those guys for sure wont listen to Lonzo when all the spotlight is on him.

I think this only applies to D'Lo. Hoping he comes in and changes the culture like everyone said he did at UCLA there's been a lack of professionalism and maturity by all accounts. We'll get to see those leadership aspects early and often.

He only got outplayed in that tournament game.

14/6/7 vs 20/2/9 in the other game plus Zo was clutch. And watching that game they Fox was on Holiday most of the game.

By that same token he played Fultz to a standstill individually in their one meeting. Should he be #1 in that case?

If LA had the number 1 pick wouldn't he be in discussion more seriously as where he won't even work out for the Celtics?

Regarding the game against Washington both teams played majority zone that game. They did try to trap Fultz when he had the ball in the half court and threw a lot of double teams at him when they went man(until the game got out of hand)

Fultz was rarely on Ball that game and asides from a couple deep threes, Ball scored most of his points at the rim in transition. A second matchup would've been nice to see

Despite all his weaknesses, unless Lonzo is absolute trash defensively, he's starting material.

Are you taking someone who is just "starter material" in a loaded draft at #2 in LA? Not saying it's terrible but man, if it doesn't go well AND you have to deal with Lavar. It'll be ugly

Ball isn't really a usage player. I don't think he needs the keys to be handed to him

If anything teammates will appreciate his passing and unselfishness. He's the opposite type of player who dribbles the air out of the ball

Nah bro....let's take a look at Ball and Fox against ranked teams:

Ball - 9 games, 14.3 pts, 6.2 asts, 5.6 reb, 1.0 stls, .537 FG, .356 3-pt, 8-for 13 FTs (.615)

Ball overall - 14.6 pts, 7.6 asts, 6.0 reb, 1.8 steals, .551 FG, .412 3-pt, .673 FT

Fox - 10 games, 19.1 pts, 4.1 asts, 2.8 reb, 1.5 stls, .450 FG, .190 3-pt, 51-for-65 FTs (.785)

Fox overall - 16.7 pts, 4.6 asts, 4.0 reb, 1.5 stls, .479 FG, .246 3-pt, .736 FT

Against the ranked teams, it's clear Fox is the better scorer, Fox is more aggressive attacking the rim, Fox gets to the line much more often, Fox is arguably a better defender, Fox takes more risks. The only thing Ball got on Fox is that Ball is the better 3-point shooter and better ball distributor. This does not necessarily mean Ball is the better playmaker however.

One thing is glaring - ALL of Ball's stats DECLINED across the board when playing against better competition. Meanwhile, Fox increased his PPG and FT pctg while steals remained the same when playing against ranked teams in comparison to his overall stats.

Looking at it from this perspective, I'm taking FOX ALL THE WAY. Ball, imo, ain't no prime time player and will be average in the NBA.

But let's take a look at Jackson against ranked teams. His numbers were very steady against ranked teams in comparison to his overall season numbers, virtually identical. However, what stood out was that his 3-point shooting was significantly better against better competition, which could be an indication of elevated play when stakes are higher.

Jackson - 11 games, 16.7 ppg, 2.3 asts, 7.2 reb, 1.7 stls, 1.0 blk, .514 FG, .471 3-pt, 26-for-47 FT's (.553)

Jackson overall - 16.3 ppg, 3.0 asts, 7.4 reb, 1.7 stls, 1.1 blk, .513 FG, .378 3-pt, .566 FT

All in all, BALL is the odd man out. His 15 minutes of fame ends with him and Lavar on the Jimmy Kimmel show.

Jackson or Fox at #2. You can book it.

Ball isn't really a usage player. I don't think he needs the keys to be handed to him

If anything teammates will appreciate his passing and unselfishness. He's the opposite type of player who dribbles the air out of the ball

It also helps to have other players who are capable of handling the ball
Russell, Randle and BI
JC as well

It also helps to have other players who are capable of handling the ball
Russell, Randle and BI
JC as well

That's part of the reason I don't think they need ball. He is an open court player and they have plenty of people who can push the rock. They need defense in the worst way. If this finals showed anything, it showed that good offensive teams are going to make bad defensive teams look historically bad on that end.

I think this only applies to D'Lo. Hoping he comes in and changes the culture like everyone said he did at UCLA there's been a lack of professionalism and maturity by all accounts. We'll get to see those leadership aspects early and often.
Fox strikes me as having more of the "leader of men" quality than Ball does though. I think he has been displaying that in interviews as well, which is why his stock has seemed to rise in the last few weeks.

Nah bro....let's take a look at Ball and Fox against ranked teams:

Ball - 9 games, 14.3 pts, 6.2 asts, 5.6 reb, 1.0 stls, .537 FG, .356 3-pt, 8-for 13 FTs (.615)

Ball overall - 14.6 pts, 7.6 asts, 6.0 reb, 1.8 steals, .551 FG, .412 3-pt, .673 FT

Fox - 10 games, 19.1 pts, 4.1 asts, 2.8 reb, 1.5 stls, .450 FG, .190 3-pt, 51-for-65 FTs (.785)

Fox overall - 16.7 pts, 4.6 asts, 4.0 reb, 1.5 stls, .479 FG, .246 3-pt, .736 FT

Against the ranked teams, it's clear Fox is the better scorer, Fox is more aggressive attacking the rim, Fox gets to the line much more often, Fox is arguably a better defender, Fox takes more risks. The only thing Ball got on Fox is that Ball is the better 3-point shooter and better ball distributor. This does not necessarily mean Ball is the better playmaker however.

One thing is glaring - ALL of Ball's stats DECLINED across the board when playing against better competition. Meanwhile, Fox increased his PPG and FT pctg while steals remained the same when playing against ranked teams in comparison to his overall stats.

Looking at it from this perspective, I'm taking FOX ALL THE WAY. Ball, imo, ain't no prime time player and will be average in the NBA.

But let's take a look at Jackson against ranked teams. His numbers were very steady against ranked teams in comparison to his overall season numbers, virtually identical. However, what stood out was that his 3-point shooting was significantly better against better competition, which could be an indication of elevated play when stakes are higher.

Jackson - 11 games, 16.7 ppg, 2.3 asts, 7.2 reb, 1.7 stls, 1.0 blk, .514 FG, .471 3-pt, 26-for-47 FT's (.553)

Jackson overall - 16.3 ppg, 3.0 asts, 7.4 reb, 1.7 stls, 1.1 blk, .513 FG, .378 3-pt, .566 FT

All in all, BALL is the odd man out. His 15 minutes of fame ends with him and Lavar on the Jimmy Kimmel show.

Jackson or Fox at #2. You can book it.
the thing that really stands out to me is how low balls FT attempts are... not a good sign for a PG imo

I think where there's smoke there's fire with that situation. Has it been officially confirmed that Lonzo is coming in for a second workout as well?
Yes, Fultz is also scheduled to come and workout tomorrow. 

Back
Top Bottom