The Official 2020 NFL Offseason Thread - The Cleveland Steamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'll just be staring across the pond 8 weeks a year here shortly

giphy.gif

This Dak/Cowboys situation bout to get ugly. I can see it from both sides. Dak has far outplayed being 3rd rd pick. He's essentially been giving them discount based on his performance and he's coming off his best individual season.

Now on the Cowboys side, he piled up stats against bad teams and played like trash against good teams, especially when they needed him to step up at the end of the year. They can tell Dak "Aye when we relied more on the run and you was a game manager, we won 2 division titles. When we put it in your hands you couldn't even make the playoffs".

Mr. Run out the endzone making a lot of sense.

Last edited:
Cowboys have to pay Dak, for the same reasons the Vikings have been relatively happy with the Cousins deal, it’s the price for QBs. Yes you’d prefer to spend that to keep a superstar in the building, but if you don’t have one you ain’t getting one.

Obviously the Carr deal didn’t work out but I think Dak is better than Carr.

Dak and Kirk are exactly why you pay early if you got a decent guy

you’re pretty much always getting a discount and can move guys in like year 3 anyways.. 1st year might be a hit, but with cap going up like 10 mill per you’re Gucci come almost like year 2

cowboys could have had dak for low 20s, but decided to wait and now not only do they gotta pay him in the 30s they can’t get cap relief without putting dead money on the backend and screwing future cap space

Unless your name is Frank Gore or AD life comes at you real fast when you an RB in the NFL.

That being said is DJ washed or can a career be rescued with a change of scenery? I am oblivious to his contract situation but if he has some gas left in the tank I would't mind the Chiefs taking a flyer on him.

Leaving the parade yesterday KC is about to have the biggest Chiefs football withdrawal hangover. The entire city along with the surrounding communities have embraced this team and looked forward to Sunday's.

Unless your name is Frank Gore or AD life comes at you real fast when you an RB in the NFL.

That being said is DJ washed or can a career be rescued with a change of scenery? I am oblivious to his contract situation but if he has some gas left in the tank I would't mind the Chiefs taking a flyer on him.

Leaving the parade yesterday KC is about to have the biggest Chiefs football withdrawal hangover. The entire city along with the surrounding communities have embraced this team and looked forward to Sunday's.

He had a lot of back issues last year and looked like someone was trying to turn a cruise ship every time he cut out of the backfield. Unless he was playing with a significant injury for the second half of last year then he is washed.

I may be willing to concede that you are right on paying running backs. I still don't mind drafting one in the first few rounds though

If I'm paying a RB he's getting paid in vouchers to the team store

Bruh 32 and got a GM job :pimp:

Just hope they give him more than a 2 year window.

I hope it works out for dude, being young and 1 of the very few black men at that spot

but he was with us for less than a year and I have zero clue what dude did

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom