The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

I need help. Mid 2010 MBP with upgraded Ram and 250 GB Samsung SSD. It has been running pretty slow lately and this happens about three times weekly. Any ideas?

Updated my 2011 MacBook, Samsung SSD 850Pro installed. Recently took out the optical bay to make more room for storage. Put in a 2TB HDD for plenty of space.

Now I'm backing up most of the stuff to the HDD. Love this setup.

Updated my 2011 MacBook, Samsung SSD 850Pro installed. Recently took out the optical bay to make more room for storage. Put in a 2TB HDD for plenty of space.

Now I'm backing up most of the stuff to the HDD. Love this setup.

This is exactly what I did (late 2011 13" MBP), except I just put the 500gb HDD I had in the optical bay. Loving the SSD man. I may have to venture out into making that 500gb at least a 1TB drive myself for the extra space and "regular" storage is so cheap now. 

I need to grab an external enclosure for the super drive now and I will be good. 
smokin.gif
thinking of doing the same with my optical drive.
giphy.gif

Should I get the 128gb mbp or 256mbp
For my girl
She just gonna do normal stuff
Maybe edit a YouTube vid here or there
Surf the net nothing major
Maybe back up an iphone but I'm getting an imac soon as well so maybe not back up an iphone

For my girl
Maybe back up an iphone but I'm getting an imac soon as well so maybe not back up an iphone
If all you're worried about is which capacity to buy then ask your girl if shes gonna download music and all that. She'll go through 128GB easy downloading music and movies etc.

If she's not gonna be downloading too much then go with the 128GB MBP.

For my girl

If all you're worried about is which capacity to buy then ask your girl if shes gonna download music and all that. She'll go through 128GB easy downloading music and movies etc.

If she's not gonna be downloading too much then go with the 128GB MBP.
Nah We still buy physical she doesn't download movies and music
And even then I put them on iTunes on the PC soon to be imac
MacBook Pro will just be strictly for whatever she wants

TRIM seems like it could help my SSD run smoother as it fills up, i may do it.

Crucial and Samsung Evo.

http://www.adorama.com/SSGMZ75E500.html

Thats a deal for the 500 gb SSD and it comes with a game download code, that you could probably sell to offset your cost a bit.

Does your macbook support Sata SSDs? bcos i know apple has  some PCI SSDs.

my model only supports PCI fam. ( i have no idea what the hell this means ) Im just now getting my googles's on and researching all this. Quick question, would it be best for me to find a used ssd with larger storage or just go for the Samsung Evo?

TRIM seems like it could help my SSD run smoother as it fills up, i may do it.

Crucial and Samsung Evo.

http://www.adorama.com/SSGMZ75E500.html

Thats a deal for the 500 gb SSD and it comes with a game download code, that you could probably sell to offset your cost a bit.

Does your macbook support Sata SSDs? bcos i know apple has  some PCI SSDs.
my model only supports PCI fam. ( i have no idea what the hell this means ) Im just now getting my googles's on and researching all this. Quick question, would it be best for me to find a used ssd with larger storage or just go for the Samsung Evo?
PCIe SSDs is what theyre using in newer macbooks. Its faster than the SATA SSDs but also cost more.

Tbh i dont know where to start looking for PCIe SSDs or which of them are reliable.

I need help. Mid 2010 MBP with upgraded Ram and 250 GB Samsung SSD. It has been running pretty slow lately and this happens about three times weekly. Any ideas?
15in or 13in?
13 in. Sorry, I didn't realize it made a difference. Thanks for the replies guys.
15in were having logic board issues at one point and Apple were replacing them for a period.

But yea probably logic board.

1271 over here

How much are batteries at Apple?
depends on the computer. retina computer's battery is part of the top case and even that depends on the exact model fo the computer.

non retina pros are like $100-$120. this is just the price for the part, not the labor.

Sooooo my MacBook Pro A1502 just fell about a foot from my couch to the hw floor. How bad is this? My new office bought it for me first week of June from Bestbuy.

^ Can you go to an Apple store and check what's up?

That looks terrible. Can it power on and show up the regular screen?

So fortunately we had the Bestbuy protection. The only problem is the wait could be two-three weeks. I'm going to Apple on Sunday to see if they can do any better and for how much. I also need to back up everything before it gets shipped off.

I need some help. So my mid 2012 mbp has been working fine up until about a month ago. Currently on 10.10.5 with 16gb ram. Computer has slowed down across the board with all apps. Constantly getting the spinning color wheel and occasionally it will restart on its own. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I need some help. So my mid 2012 mbp has been working fine up until about a month ago. Currently on 10.10.5 with 16gb ram. Computer has slowed down across the board with all apps. Constantly getting the spinning color wheel and occasionally it will restart on its own. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Have you done a SRAM or even a PRAM reset?

Hows the HDD? Try running permissions or even repair the HD?

Did you install any recent apps/programs prior to these issues?

anybody running on dual 4k monitors? head it was too slow...i want a dual monitor setup...two 4ks or 1 4k and other HD 1080

Back
Top Bottom