@ at you knowing NT'ers bdays
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
@ me knowing your bday is Dec 28th
roll.gif
roll.gif

I just remember he said that if it ended it'd be a great birthday gift, but I don't know about you man...
sick.gif

I just remember he said that if it ended it'd be a great birthday gift, but I don't know about you man...
sick.gif

like i said a page or two back. they wont decertify for a fact.

look at a large number of contracts some players have right now, you think they would give up guaranteed money that if they were to be voided, most wouldnt even see half of what they were signed to? yea right. i know for a fact if i sucked, had 55 million coming to me i would not sign anything that would cause me to lose that money.

like i said a page or two back. they wont decertify for a fact.

look at a large number of contracts some players have right now, you think they would give up guaranteed money that if they were to be voided, most wouldnt even see half of what they were signed to? yea right. i know for a fact if i sucked, had 55 million coming to me i would not sign anything that would cause me to lose that money.

Marc Stein
@ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
Sources briefed on decertification movement's plans say no action will be taken Monday. They don't want to be distraction union meeting

Kind of a given if you think it through, but at least it's nice to know.

Marc Stein
@ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
Sources briefed on decertification movement's plans say no action will be taken Monday. They don't want to be distraction union meeting

Kind of a given if you think it through, but at least it's nice to know.

160 guys are on min contracts.

Owner's proposed deal cuts those contracts by 12%.

Factor in taxes, agent cut, etc & that's a pretty significant decrease. A third of the player's union is getting hit right there.

So, I'm not too optimistic that this ends next week.

160 guys are on min contracts.

Owner's proposed deal cuts those contracts by 12%.

Factor in taxes, agent cut, etc & that's a pretty significant decrease. A third of the player's union is getting hit right there.

So, I'm not too optimistic that this ends next week.

Chad Ford just sonned the agents.
laugh.gif

@chadfordinsider Chad Ford
My question to agents opposing NBA's offer. How is it in the best interest of your current clients to reject the NBA's deal when …1. Your clients all lose money they'll never get back by missing games 2. The league's offer is about to get worse (no, it's not a bluff)3. The changes of winning an anti-trust suit via decertification against the league is slim and finally ...4. The union has already given away $3 billion … the remaining issues only impact a very small # of players. Losing season affects everyone

I agree league's offer is one-sided & even unfair. But what's your best alternative to this deal? I don't see one

That's the icing on the cake. There is no alternative it seems, you're at as good as you'll get, so deal with it.

Or, if you'd prefer, Neal with it.

Chad Ford just sonned the agents.
laugh.gif

@chadfordinsider Chad Ford
My question to agents opposing NBA's offer. How is it in the best interest of your current clients to reject the NBA's deal when …1. Your clients all lose money they'll never get back by missing games 2. The league's offer is about to get worse (no, it's not a bluff)3. The changes of winning an anti-trust suit via decertification against the league is slim and finally ...4. The union has already given away $3 billion … the remaining issues only impact a very small # of players. Losing season affects everyone

I agree league's offer is one-sided & even unfair. But what's your best alternative to this deal? I don't see one

That's the icing on the cake. There is no alternative it seems, you're at as good as you'll get, so deal with it.

Or, if you'd prefer, Neal with it.

Thanks for those TNT vids JA. The players are being treated unfairly but the owners will win regardless. This thing better end tomorrow, I've been on the couch for a month recovering from a Shaun Livingston like knee injury and I've got nothing to watch on TV!! Screw your millions NBA players, entertain me!!!
laugh.gif

Thanks for those TNT vids JA. The players are being treated unfairly but the owners will win regardless. This thing better end tomorrow, I've been on the couch for a month recovering from a Shaun Livingston like knee injury and I've got nothing to watch on TV!! Screw your millions NBA players, entertain me!!!
laugh.gif

http://t.co/bjYZ51Wz

I don't know if that link will work, but it's a link STRAIGHT from NBA basically showing the public what they sent to the NBA players.

Yeah, they definitely leaked it on purpose earlier then.
laugh.gif

http://t.co/bjYZ51Wz

I don't know if that link will work, but it's a link STRAIGHT from NBA basically showing the public what they sent to the NBA players.

Yeah, they definitely leaked it on purpose earlier then.
laugh.gif

Hunter will make some amendments to the owner's proposal and have the reps vote on it. Obviously, if/when it goes through they'll send it to stern.

Link

It's probably a 50/50 BRI split with the old system. And Stern will probably reject it since he & Silver are back on that "competitive balance" stuff.

Hunter will make some amendments to the owner's proposal and have the reps vote on it. Obviously, if/when it goes through they'll send it to stern.

Link

It's probably a 50/50 BRI split with the old system. And Stern will probably reject it since he & Silver are back on that "competitive balance" stuff.

The union REALLY needs a PR person next time. It's crazy how much better the owners/Stern have been at controlling the media and the people out there. Obviously, they have connections with ESPN and all that, so it's easier for them but it's definitely not hard for the union to get their voice heard. For example, Stern says if the union decertifies, they're being deceived by agents and they're going to get burned. He explains why - and the majority of people agree with Stern on that subject. Now if the union had any sort of brains, they would explain to the public WHY they think decertifying is the only option, why they have 200+ signatures, and why it might help them. (even if they're wrong or stupid - there has to be a legitimate reason so many players are willing to do it, even if its just to stick it to the owners or something like that)

Instead, the union just looks stupid in the public eye. Their only bargaining chip (decertification) is something that everyone sees as a waste of time and money - and they do nothing to dispel that notion. Compare this to the NBA who trolls Nazr Mohammad anytime he tweets wrong information about the labor talks. They make sure their points are known to the public and if necessary, spun to make it look good. Union is doing none of that and it just makes them look bad.

The union REALLY needs a PR person next time. It's crazy how much better the owners/Stern have been at controlling the media and the people out there. Obviously, they have connections with ESPN and all that, so it's easier for them but it's definitely not hard for the union to get their voice heard. For example, Stern says if the union decertifies, they're being deceived by agents and they're going to get burned. He explains why - and the majority of people agree with Stern on that subject. Now if the union had any sort of brains, they would explain to the public WHY they think decertifying is the only option, why they have 200+ signatures, and why it might help them. (even if they're wrong or stupid - there has to be a legitimate reason so many players are willing to do it, even if its just to stick it to the owners or something like that)

Instead, the union just looks stupid in the public eye. Their only bargaining chip (decertification) is something that everyone sees as a waste of time and money - and they do nothing to dispel that notion. Compare this to the NBA who trolls Nazr Mohammad anytime he tweets wrong information about the labor talks. They make sure their points are known to the public and if necessary, spun to make it look good. Union is doing none of that and it just makes them look bad.

On Saturday night, Billy Hunter notified Sam Amick that he will submit the NBA's revised proposal -- with amendments presumably recommended by the union's executive committee -- for a vote by the 30 player representatives on Monday.

"We will vote on the NBA's proposal. The proposal will be presented with some proposed amendments," Hunter told Amick via text message.

Put it back on the owners shoulders

On Saturday night, Billy Hunter notified Sam Amick that he will submit the NBA's revised proposal -- with amendments presumably recommended by the union's executive committee -- for a vote by the 30 player representatives on Monday.

"We will vote on the NBA's proposal. The proposal will be presented with some proposed amendments," Hunter told Amick via text message.

Put it back on the owners shoulders

Back
Top Bottom