The Official NBA Thread

Dynasties are about to be damn near extinct. NBA approaching NFL status where it could be any teams year. Regardless of outcome, this will be the 5th different champion in the past 5 seasons (Raptors/Lakers/Bucks/Warriors/Nuggets or Heat). There have been a couple 4 unique team runs but both were broken up by repeats.

The last time this happened was 1977-1981 (Trailblazers/Bullets/SuperSonics/Lakers/Celtics). Then we all know how winners consolidated to a few times after that. Took more than 4 decades but parity byke

New cba isnt to help the other 27, it's designed just to screw 3 teams exclusively. League corny af.

Who in the hell agreed to this, man? How did the Players Association let this go through without a fight? Do they governors have dirt on them or something :lol: The media really needs to talk about this more because it is a significant change that will completely change free agency through the length of the agreement

Yea, the CBA seems to be specifically targeting the Clippers. Oh well. You gotta adapt and adjust.

It hurts more than just teams. It hurts the middle tier players. Teams spend all their money on 1-3 super max/25+ mil players and everyone else on the roster fighting for scraps cause the tax penalty is so high.

Bill Simmons did an entire podcast last week about it and it sounds like team construction is about to change across the league

Dynasties are about to be damn near extinct. NBA approaching NFL status where it could be any teams year. Regardless of outcome, this will be the 5th different champion in the past 5 seasons (Raptors/Lakers/Bucks/Warriors/Nuggets or Heat). There have been a couple 4 unique team runs but both were broken up by repeats.

The last time this happened was 1977-1981 (Trailblazers/Bullets/SuperSonics/Lakers/Celtics). Then we all know how winners consolidated to a few times after that. Took more than 4 decades but parity byke

Bill Simmons and Ryen Russillo had a great segment about this very topic. The new CBA with its second, extremely punitive luxury apron is going to squeeze out the middle class of the league. Teams like Boston are going to have their two max players and will have trouble keeping all of their quality role players.
A team like Denver will have their two max guys in Jokic and Murray, they might have money for Gordon and MPJ but there's no way they could afford to have KPC or Bruce Brown.

The days of "how the heck is this random role player making $20M a year?" are going to be over.

I totally understand why the owners (especially the cheap, non-spending owners) would want to do this but The players union seems to have dropped the ball on this one. The second luxury apron is going to screw over the 90% of the league who isn't making max or near max money.

With the second luxury apron being so punitive, I think successful NBA teams will have to operate more like NFL teams in that they will need to get more production out of their draft picks who are on their first contract.

not gunna lie that fiba roster weak af
we need ja
book
durant
even dinwiddie would cook
kai
aaron gordon
curry bumass
kawhi and pg lames theyy shud play

Yes but with exception of heat, each of the winners had a top 1-2 nba player. It’s about superstars. One of those top teams will win again. If not it may be durant that wins. Or Tatum. Agains, top top top player.

Nasty work by World Cup officials to put Austin Reaves on the team to for the Laker fans viewership. The games about to have better ratings than the best finals ever (Heat v Denver)

you guys really think spo gonna get 20 mill?

i would think he would take the home discount since riley has been so loyal to him for all these years

Irony is the league was built on dynasties. And nowadays since most teams don’t have the patience to build and let coach, players etc mesh and develops, the desire for microwaveable results, and the truth that most players don’t want to really compete and take down x dynasty, this is def lookin like what you just said for the foreseeable future.

351546620_1208604239827817_6874534059563479887_n.png

^^ LOL. Man if KYRIE and Bron link back up this summer while K Love celebrates ring #2 I won’t understand anything about anything. Put my brain in a blender

Superior brand of basketball. Was a special time. I would've never let Draymond ruin that if it was me. But that's just me.

Lol these are individual highlights aside from like 3 plays. Bron and wade have hours of shared highlights. Heck even cuttino mobley and francis showed more chemistry and excitement. Lights years smh yeah comp was light cause yall cheated. Variant dynasty smh

Back
Top Bottom