The Official NBA Thread

I'm back to wearing suits every week to work and I hate it, but even though there isnt a dress code, people still act like it is, and wanna be judgy if you don't simply follow the rule that there is no more dress code.

It sucks. Wearing suits sucks. Its not comfortable. Why are we intentionally making people be uncomfortable for nonsense old way standards. Let people be comfortable while they do their job. That should be the mantra everywhere for every job. Like why do retail workers have to stand? Society is wild sometimes.
I don't think you know what you're asking for. You give people an inch and they will take a mile. The implememt this and by next week people start showing up in pum pum shorts and mascot outfits.

I don't think you know what you're asking for. You give people an inch and they will take a mile. The implememt this and by next week people start showing up in pum out shorts and mascot outfits.
I mean there are some standards. But I'm getting looked at crazy cause I'm wearing jeans a hoodie and some Jordan's. That's crazy.

I don't think you know what you're asking for. You give people an inch and they will take a mile. The implememt this and by next week people start showing up in pum out shorts and mascot outfits.
No they won't, there might be a few people here and there but most people will just go business casual and dress according to the new dress code.

A ton of corporate offices in Vegas relaxed their dress codes, including mine, people just started to dress business casual. My office even allows jeans and everyone comes to work well put together, comfortable, and get the work done.

Workplaces still have standards, just that they don't demand their workers play dress up for no good reason.

Y-BULLS-superJumbo.jpg

USATSI_8527244.jpg

Thibbs looked totally solid suit wise. nice cuts/tailoring.

instead we got this sloppy wrinkled mess. :sick:

Tom-Thibodeau-scaled.jpeg

looks like your uncle after falling asleep on the couch at the cookout.
Yea, I beg to differ. He just looks like a fat guy in a suit :lol:

I mean there are some standards. But I'm getting looked at crazy cause I'm wearing jeans a hoodie and some Jordan's. That's crazy.
Current spot I'm at got a lil lax with the dress code due to the pandemic. Staff started returning into the office and some of the younger workers began showing up in sweatpants and the like as if they are modeling to be on a hypebeast IG explorer page. They immediately sent out notice about the dress code. Some people don't got no chill.

No they won't, there might be a few people here and there but most people will just go business casual and dress according to the new dress code.

A ton of corporate offices in Vegas relaxed their dress codes, including mine, people just started to dress business casual. My office even allows jeans and everyone comes to work well put together, comfortable, and get the work done.

Workplaces still have standards, just that they don't demand their workers play dress up for no good reason.
My work place is business casual and then we have days where we have to be a bit more dress than the normal, but some people don't understand that there's work and then everything else. So they think that cause they got away with some smaller less noticeable piece of clothing one day, that means anything goes.

My work place is business casual and then we have days where we have to be a bit more dress than the normal, but some people don't understand that there's work and then everything else.
Yeah I agree, some folk still got no chill

But the majority of folk do the right thing

So I think it would be better if the folk wildin out get reprimanded and there he a more relaxed policy, than forcing everyone to adhere to a stricter policy.

Let me find out you be rocking linen fits with the square toe joints :lol: :lol:
Not yet, but I am approaching 40, so the day will soon come

I be inside the African clothing stores, and that random store in the mall that somehow is staying open while every other store around them is closing down, looking at fits too.

Got a whole wardrobe plan out already

Once I hit 45 and my ole head knuckles come in, I'm gonna be a ****ing menace in these streets with these fits.

THIS. At least for me, when people started returning workplace it’s not like they forgot how to dress for coming into an office building.

And asking for people to wear suits when they don’t have to can be even worse because an ill fitting suit/not properly put together suit combo is going to looks way worse than someone being comfortable in business casual. It’s about situation and circumstance.

One of my life goals is to never wear a ****ing suit again. That **** is wild uncomfortable and just not my steez.

**** suits. And while we're at it, **** having to tuck your shirt in at work. My old job had a tuck nazi who would never fail to point out that you weren't tucked. Every damn day he was close to catching the fade from multiple people and didn't even know it lol.

I'll never forget interviewing a woman and she was better dressed than all of us interviewing her :lol:
Reminded me of my first programming interview where the interviewer pointed out I was better dressed than him :lol:

Back
Top Bottom