The Official NBA Thread

That's nice to say, but like it just seems like if KD is driving the bus there's dysfunction.

He chose to have Kyrie on his squad, he chose Steve Nash, he chose to get rid of Nash.

He was a big part of creating that environment.

It always seems to follow him hard to think he's not somewhat responsible.

Why did the Nets include Jarret Allen in the Harden trade? I feel like he was a throwaway to make room to Deandre Jordan. Consider where JA ended up, I felt like they could have kept him.

That 2022 Chip after his departure kinda took a hammer to the perception of KD's place in history

He was just about considered on the same level of Steph after their 2nd chip and his 2nd FMVP legacy wise. He was starting to creep up in All-Time/top 10 discussions too.

Steph doing it again without him while his superteam got swept in the first round changed that discussion completely and KD hasn't been looked at like that since.

Only thing that'll bring him back up to that would be winning without Steph before he hangs them up imo. The romantic in me wants to see him go back to OKC for his twighlight years and have a final swan song there with a talented and hungry young group.

Why did the Nets include Jarret Allen in the Harden trade? I feel like he was a throwaway to make room to Deandre Jordan. Consider where JA ended up, I felt like they could have kept him.
Because the Rockets wanted another first round pick. If they take Allen instead, that ****s their tanking efforts that season.

The majority picked the Celtics over the GSW. The media and NT. We got receipts.

GSW wins but now it’s a fluke? Peak hating

Yeah it's a fluke because the only reason they won was because of out of body player from Wiggs and Poole. Look at what both of them are doing now since they regressed back to the mean?

F L U K E

Follow up year they get bounced in the playoffs, and this year they don't even make it. Winning a championship to not even making the playoffs 2 years later with the same core of players? Make it make sense.

Yeah it's a fluke because the only reason they won was because of out of body player from Wiggs and Poole. Look at what both of them are doing now since they regressed back to the mean?

F L U K E

Follow up year they get bounced in the playoffs, and this year they don't even make it. Winning a championship to not even making the playoffs 2 years later with the same core of players? Make it make sense.
No such thing as a fluke champion. It’s a best of 7 series to win it all.
You won’t call the bubble title a fluke because they lost in the first round the next year and have been getting dusted since.

See how that works?

You won’t call the bubble title a fluke because they lost in the first round the next year and have been getting dusted since.

See how that works?
This is what folks do constantly already though :lol:

See how that works?

AD got hurt in a series in which they were leading on the conference champion, then they're back in the conference championship 2 years later. Doesn't seem fluke like to me.

Golden state in route to that '22 ring beat *checks notes*

Denver with no Murray, Memphis missing Ja, more injuries to the Lakers and Clippers. Then they get career years out of Wiggs, Poole, Otto Porter, and GP II. It's not repeatable.

FLUKE

A lot of fluky/lucky things happen on title teams

The lakers three peat was full of crazy things… like a lot

Not even taking away from them it’s just that I grew up watching and left an imprint

The bubble =/= fluke it just has an asterisk

With what we've seen from the Lakers, Denver Boston, and Miami post the bubble has does it really need an asterisk?

Every team from the 2020 bubble conference Finals has been to another one post the bubble. Doesn't look like it needs one.

A lot of fluky/lucky things happen on title teams

The lakers three peat was full of crazy things… like a lot

Not even taking away from them it’s just that I grew up watching and left an imprint
Winning a title in any sport requires a tremendous amount of luck on top of the skill and consistency required to even have a shot. It's why we even have the expression 'best team on paper' :lol:

Even if you're considered by all metrics to be the best, you still need a lot of other variables to go your way to convert that into bringing home hardware. A lot of things that are not always in your control either.

Steph > KD

They needed each other in the end,but they ain’t just lit the world on fire since they separated.

Outside that title the Warriors missed the playoffs 3x and were a 2nd round exit

KD been on 2 superteams and ain’t been past the 2nd round of the playoffs

AD got hurt in a series in which they were leading on the conference champion, then they're back in the conference championship 2 years later. Doesn't seem fluke like to me.

Golden state in route to that '22 ring beat *checks notes*

Denver with no Murray, Memphis missing Ja, more injuries to the Lakers and Clippers. Then they get career years out of Wiggs, Poole, Otto Porter, and GP II. It's not repeatable.

FLUKE
Guys got hurt the Miami series against the lakers too. Chris Paul played with one arm the same series AD got hurt.

I don’t do excuses. I don’t do flukes.

Back
Top Bottom