The Official NBA Thread

With what we've seen from the Lakers, Denver Boston, and Miami post the bubble has does it really need an asterisk?

Every team from the 2020 bubble conference Finals has been to another one post the bubble. Doesn't look like it needs one.
I agree with this too :lol:

The teams that had the most success there have not only managed to repeat similar levels of success under normal again conditions since the bubble, but exceed that at times too (in the cases of Denver and Boston)

Also the players who broke out in the bubble (MPJr, Derrick White, Herro, Book, Murray etc) have also proven themselves to be for real too. TJ Warren is really the only true 'fluke' guy from that period.

An asterisk to simply acknowledge the different circumstances at the time is as far as I'd go when it comes to the defining the bubble when looking back, nothing close to calling it fluke though.

My response to you was solely based off on court play when you said this-

“they don't have a good structure because building your offense around an ISO player has inherent limitations.”

At that time I think they were statistically the best offense ever. And they still almost knocked out the eventual champs without Cryrie and with a hobbled Jimbo. That team was incredibly good. Definitely better than Milwaukee (if healthy) and would’ve smoked Phoenix.

Told @MVP that he definitely needs to be blamed for his choices from a stability standpoint.

im not saying i belive it, but I think the rebuttle to that would be.

yes if you have KD, Harden and Kyrie you're team will be an all time great offense. but you could say this about any isolation player.
this is an exception that proves the rule.

Winning a title in any sport requires a tremendous amount of luck on top of the skill and consistency required to even have a shot. It's why we even have the expression 'best team on paper' :lol:

Even if you're considered by all metrics to be the best, you still need a lot of other variables to go your way to convert that into bringing home hardware. A lot of things that are not always in your control either.
I whole heartedly agree

Like I referred to the lakers run- they had so many moments in the playoffs that were like- whoa wtf

I agree with this too :lol:

The teams that had the most success there have not only managed to repeat similar levels of success under normal again conditions since the bubble, but exceed that at times too (in the cases of Denver and Boston)

Also the players who broke out in the bubble (MPJr, Derrick White, Herro, Book, Murray etc) have also proven themselves to be for real too. TJ Warren is really the only true 'fluke' guy from that period.

An asterisk to simply acknowledge the different circumstances at the time is as far as I'd go when it comes to the defining the bubble when looking back, nothing close to calling it fluke though.

THEY know I'm right.

Any podcasts ya'll listen to on ball? Zach Lowe sometimes for me but sometimes he is too in the weeds and his main guest is unlistenable.

I actually like Bill Simmons recently, even though he is the homer of all homers with the Celtics, but I skip through Celtics talk
Mind the game with Lebron and JJ reddick

Disappointed in the suns. They matched up well vs the wolves this season. Their stars have to play better. Antman didn't even go off last game and they still won comfortably
#noexcuses

Why can’t we ever be fair to Durant lol

I feel like he is one of the most easily labeled and defined greats

No need to over or under praise him
I mean, the fact that he was never the #1 on a team who won a championship is definitely going to affect how he’s ranked when the dust settles.

I mean, the fact that he was never the #1 on a team who won a championship is definitely going to affect how he’s ranked when the dust settles.
For sure. That’s really evident

Like I said- we shouldn’t overpraise nor under praise. It’s very clear what his legacy is

KD is generational. 100%. Can’t write the whole golden state dynasty without him. But we all see what his teams do since he lefts gods son side. And Steph winning a title without him means everything. The very team that him in jail, Steph cooked.

But I’m on record saying KD is one of the 3 most talented players ever. He’s got sons too. He’s just a hair behind the goats. Maybe even behind Dirk and Kawhi too.

He’s a 1 of 1. True “unicorn”. To me, I got KD as one of the 10-15 best all time. Dude is another player damn near created in a lab :lol:

That said, been saying he has barbershop mentality with a blog boy skill set :lol:. And when KD leans into his barbershop mentality, and tries to do the power moves ie Bron, it doesn’t work his way.

Hes one of the ones though. And his addition to Warriors is the reason that 2017 warriors are the greatest team to even play basketball. That’s major. And that’s because of KD.

The Warriors still would be in position to win without him those years, and obviously would’ve been back in the finals with a chance to win (proven 2015, 2019, 2022).

The KD talk over the years has been crazy. Some his doing too. But a nasty, toxic media landscape is the reason for all this :smh:

Does this mean we'll eventually get an FX TV mini-series retelling of this episode?

FDXPRo1WQAQ0OfR.jpeg

Durant had the chance to securely move into the top of the top if he had done the thing with the nets

But he didn’t

So he’s stuck with always never being the guy though as talented as anyone else

He was second fiddle to Steph on that team. The team was built around Steph and his playing style.

Word. I don’t understand how people can’t see this :lol:. And KD himself has said it.

It doesn’t take away from KD. Or either of them. Steph doing what a point guard does. KD doing what a scoring forward does.

Complemented each other perfectly. That **** should be celebrated. We may never see two perimeter players of that caliber at that stage in their primes, with THAT system of basketball ever again.

Back
Top Bottom