The Official NBA Thread

Word. I don’t understand how people can’t see this :lol:. And KD himself has said it.

It doesn’t take away from KD. Or either of them. Steph doing what a point guard does. KD doing what a scoring forward does.

Complemented each other perfectly. That **** should be celebrated. We may never see two perimeter players of that caliber at that stage in their primes, with THAT system of basketball ever again.
Nothing can be celebrated when it’s an individual crusade at the end of the day

Fans will always compare and place players in a hierarchy

People want to have a jordan and a pippen to a jordan

I casting got me :rofl:

Al Bundy wildin

Morpheus Rivers

Lil Murda as CP3
MV5BNjNjNzNmMjYtNjVlMy00ZTBkLWE1MDItY2Q5MzNkZGI3Njg3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzYzMzk3MQ@@._V1_.jpg

as Blake :rofl:

After the People vs OJ I'll never doubt FX casting again

Cuba and his raspy puberty voice cracking was still funny though

Imagine dropping 35 a game in the Finals and being called second fiddle just cause people like the other guy more.

Colorism is nasty.

2nd fiddle gets FMVP?

Guess Jordan was second fiddle to Scottie too.

Andrew Wiggins was in serious discussion to be FMVP in 2022 :lol:. Andrew Wiggins

And lost to Lebron

They play the next 2 years and win without kd winning fmvp?

Lebrons Cavs won 1 game in 2 years against those KD warriors :lol:. One game where they shot 24 Free throws in the First quarter.

The James Hardens Rockets were the real test. And we saw that being their toughest and only challenge.

It’s just crazy to discount a proven championship team, who had cap space and one of the winning-est Big 3’s in history….Without KD.

And this is not a shot at KD. I think for proper perspective, people need to recognize the Warriors with KD as unbeatable relative to the rest of the league at that time (which ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL the NBA players admitted to, as well as the media). Than a team that “only” won 2 more championships with the addition of Kevin Durant. He didn’t make them champions. He made them untouchable. Which says a whole lot about KD himself. That’s rare air

Feel like we saw what's happening with Durant in OKC as well. Ya there were personnel and coaching shortcomings, but sure seems like his offense short-circuits come playoff time minus the three year stop-gap in Golden State when he was was playing off Steph and their system.

Really wish there was a way to play out with him staying in OKC with the acquisitions they were able to get that summer he departed for GS. Thunder were going to be even more loaded coming into that season. Dah well.

Really wish there was a way to play out with him staying in OKC with the acquisitions they were able to get that summer he departed for GS. Thunder were going to be even more loaded coming into that season. Dah well.
why

he sure didnt

If you have Steph in your top 10 how is KD not?

KD > Steph

Steph cemented himself with the last chip run. Climbed the mountain. Hit the valley. Climbed right back up that thing and took a team to a chip. Legendary performance that finals.

It’s jsut not true.

KD is a skilled mercenary. He’s arguably the best ever at that role. But he doesn’t create a system or really make his teammates better. He doesn’t do it from a personality get on my back perspective and certainly doesn’t do it from a playing style perspective. Iso one on ones at the NBA level help you win chips but they don’t get you by themselves to that point.

You need a system guy someone that makes scrubs into good players.

The man took Andrew Wiggins and turned him into the second best player on the Dubs and won a chip. He makes others so much better with his gravity. It’s why the the only time they almost lost is when Dubs started playing KD iso ball against Houston instead of Steph ball with screens, pin downs, pace and space.

KD couldn’t take Westbrook, Ibaka, Booker, Kyrie, Harden, and Brad Beal to anything.

It’s why someone like a Larry Bird will always be better than someone like KD at the NBA level. These are the best in the world. If you reduce them to just standing around watching you iso then that’s not winning basketball when u compete against really strong teams. At lower levels you can get away with it.

Last edited:
Why did the Nets include Jarret Allen in the Harden trade? I feel like he was a throwaway to make room to Deandre Jordan. Consider where JA ended up, I felt like they could have kept him.

Because of KD & Kyrie :lol:. Those 3 were a tight nit friend group at the time.

Ppl forget how much ****, just THOSE two were doing from a building/personnel standpoint. The two dudes said they don’t need a coach etc etc. Ousted Atkinson. Brought in Steve Nash

Jarrett Allen even talked about it recently.

Suppose the Lakers manage to push this series to Game 7 but end up losing. This is what all LeBron fans will talk about until the end of time. If they had called that foul, the Lakers would have won, and LBJ would have had 5 rings.
didnt know this was the nba finals

Why did the Nets include Jarret Allen in the Harden trade? I feel like he was a throwaway to make room to Deandre Jordan. Consider where JA ended up, I felt like they could have kept him.

Because of KD & Kyrie :lol:. Ppl forget how much ****, just THOSE two were doing from a building/personnel standpoint. The two dudes said they don’t need a coach etc etc. Ousted Atkinson. Brought in Steve Nash

Jarrett Allen even talked about it recently.

I casting got me :rofl:

Al Bundy wildin

Morpheus Rivers

Lil Murda as CP3
I was 😀 from 👂 to 👂 when Al Bundy said don’t bring BLACKS to my games. He wasn’t as whiny as Da Don but he did well. Can’t wait for him to say “I buy them cars, Clothes and FOOD”.

Back
Top Bottom