The Official NBA Thread

His jumper is fine he’s just having to force up a lot of tough shots due to the spacing. Ausar & Killian Hayes are starting and they can’t shoot at all. So Monty has just ONE shooter in the starting 5 which is insane in 2023.

Knox is playing well, Monty let him start which is good. But Monty is insisting on having 2 point guards out there at all times which along with Ausar just kills the spacing.

Cade, Burks, Knox, Stew, Duren would be their best 5. Duren gets hurt, slide Stew to the 5 and start Ausar.

But lineups with Ausar & 1 of Ivey/Hayes like they’re currently doing are not going to be able to score enough.

Beyond that, Cade isn’t a physical scorer at all. He doesn’t initiate any contact. That’ll have to change or at best you’ll need 2 other big scorers in order to win with him.

Even the stuff with Cade at the rim is him trying to avoid guys a lot of the time. D Rose had that same problem initially

His jumper is fine he’s just having to force up a lot of tough shots due to the spacing. Ausar & Killian Hayes are starting and they can’t shoot at all. So Monty has just ONE shooter in the starting 5 which is insane in 2023.

Knox is playing well, Monty let him start which is good. But Monty is insisting on having 2 point guards out there at all times which along with Ausar just kills the spacing.

Cade, Burks, Knox, Stew, Duren would be their best 5. Duren gets hurt, slide Stew to the 5 and start Ausar.

But lineups with Ausar & 1 of Ivey/Hayes like they’re currently doing are not going to be able to score enough.

Beyond that, Cade isn’t a physical scorer at all. He doesn’t initiate any contact. That’ll have to change or at best you’ll need 2 other big scorers in order to win with him.

The Pistons as a whole seems to have good young talent, but they don't fit very well and no one is projected to be a top 10 player, you know the type of player you need to become a contender.

Do they keep banking on drafting and developing players? Or do they finally look to sign and/ or trade for them?

I just don't see this core going very far.

Also, what's up with Ivey? How is he backing up someone like Kilian Hayes?

The Pistons as a whole seems to have good young talent, but they don't fit very well and no one is projected to be a top 10 player, you know the type of player you need to become a contender.

Do they keep banking on drafting and developing players? Or do they finally look to sign and/ or trade for them?

Ivey doesn't pass or defend. But I would probably still start him over Hayes and live with the results.

Wild stat.

That's crazy he never avg over 8.5 assists yet some people want to call him the goat PG. He's not a better PG than Lebron let alone Magic.

I don't think people call him the greatest PG for his PG capabilities though. They just had to assign him a position and that's what he plays. He's the best player to play PG essentially I guess.

I’m all the way out on Hayes :lol: If you ask me Sasser has already done enough to get all of Hayes’ mins.

Wild stat.

That's crazy he never avg over 8.5 assists yet some people want to call him the goat PG. He's not a better PG than Lebron let alone Magic.

Certain players get he luxury of achieving less while being put in conversations with others who have done more. Interesting to see really.

Wild stat.

Being a shoot first point doesn’t make you any less of a point.

I’ve always said Bron is the best PG ever but people always wanna say he’s a 3 :lol: Kobe also blurred that line significantly.

them shorts were a tell-tale sign of nothing good happening
but what do i know, i only wear blue jeans

JustinTinsley on X: Don't know about y'all, but I can't ...

Back
Top Bottom