The Official NBA Thread

Don’t know if KD is overrated but he has definitely underachieved throughout his career. He hasn’t overcome any challenges since 2012

Why can’t we ever be fair to Durant lol

I feel like he is one of the most easily labeled and defined greats

No need to over or under praise him

I think the steel man version of this argument is;

KD led teams tend towards dysfunction, they don't have a good structure because building your offense around an ISO player has inherent limitations.

KD on GSW was slotted into a system built around Curry, and that's why they won,
if it was built around KD, you would have had all the issues you always have with KD teams and they wouldn't have won.
Nets were built around him and were awesome on the court. Cryrie went Cryrie though both off court and with injuries. Not sure you can really blame KD for that.

Why can’t we ever be fair to Durant lol

I feel like he is one of the most easily labeled and defined greats

No need to over or under praise him

Durant brings it on himself though:lol: :lol: :lol:

People always talk about how Kawhi seems disinterested or, Kawhi acts too stoic for their liking as a “star/superstar”… when that label really should go to KD :lol:

How did Naz Reid go undrafted?? Didn’t watch him at LSU at all but he is one of the most skilled big men I’ve ever seen. Baffled how GM’s couldn’t see that.
He truly has improved vastly since he first got in the league. The first few times I saw him play I wasn’t sure he was an NBA player, let alone a valuable rotation guy. He’s consistently gotten better in all areas since he’s been in the league. Definitely a guy who puts in big work in the offseason.

He truly had improved vastly since he first got in the league. The first few times I saw him play I wasn’t sure he was an NBA player, let alone a valuable rotation guy. He’s consistently gotten better in all areas since he’s been in the league. Definitely a guy who puts in big work in the offseason.
He also became like a good defender which I don’t think was a positive on his scouting report initially

addict4sneakers addict4sneakers would be the one to confirm this

Huh? They don’t give dynasty labels for finals appearances.

Just rings.

2 rings 7 years apart don’t make a dynasty

what are you talking about? you’re just automatically assuming they’d lose then the in between years? if we didn’t get KD we for sure would of gotten someone else we had really good contracts and fiscals at that time. This is a terrible take lol. They were 73-9 before they got KD. And that would have been a few years of prime unleashed Curry. We all saw how much he sacrificed those years when Kd left and he went back to whooping on people.

He truly had improved vastly since he first got in the league. The first few times I saw him play I wasn’t sure he was an NBA player, let alone a valuable rotation guy. He’s consistently gotten better in all areas since he’s been in the league. Definitely a guy who puts in big work in the offseason.

Him being a 5 star prospect and going undrafted probably lit a fire under him. His layup package and touch around the rim is a beautiful thing to see as well

Nets were built around him and were awesome on the court. Cryrie went Cryrie though both off court and with injuries. Not sure you can really blame KD for that.

Eh, you gotta know your personnel to a degree. He knew the history of Myrie and his mercurial ways before Brooklyn. Gotta hitch your wagon to a more reliable partner in that instance especially if that's one of your closer friends.

He's rightfully going to get slandered to all hell if the Suns go out in round 1. Going to look really funny in the light outside of that 3 year stretch in GS.

That’s what i mean. Standardly measured athleticism by NBA standards being explosive power, speed, quickness, vertical jump.

In my eyes Nash and Curry are incredibly athletic. But not by the standard measurement. Same with someone like SGA.

It seems like standards need to change, good NBA scouts probably have a more accurate standards than the average fan/ media personality.

Eh, you gotta know your personnel to a degree. He knew the history of Myrie and his mercurial ways before Brooklyn. Gotta hitch your wagon to a more reliable partner in that instance especially if that's one of your closer friends.

He's rightfully going to get slandered to all hell if the Suns go out in round 1. Going to look really funny in the light outside of that 3 year stretch in GS.
Fully agree with that. Going from the stability of Steve to basically the exact opposite in Cryrie was crazy. Was simply talking about on court performance.

KD
Good point guard
Good shooting guard
Decent big

Worked on court at an extremely high level.

I remember when I thought Shai couldn’t dribble, and I didn’t trust point guards, with this type cut (Elfrid Payton let me down)….especially from Canada.

IMG_6713.jpeg

Shorty impressive!
Saying this when Jamal Murray is on 1 of your 7 teams is nasty work.

League need to come down on jokic bro. Need to be swift and just, but reports is saying the victim has not come forward. I would have my lawyer and my neck brace ready by now

KD is generational. 100%. Can’t write the whole golden state dynasty without him. But we all see what his teams do since he lefts gods son side. And Steph winning a title without him means everything. The very team that him in jail, Steph cooked.

But I’m on record saying KD is one of the 3 most talented players ever. He’s got sons too. He’s just a hair behind the goats. Maybe even behind Dirk and Kawhi too.

Don’t know if KD is overrated but he has definitely underachieved throughout his career. He hasn’t overcome any challenges since 2012

considering how great of a talent he is, it's fair to say that he's underachieved. I do think it's mainly to his poor decisions post GSW and not so much of his game. He tried to be LeGM and it blew up in his face.

I'm also not hating on KD for his performance this playoffs and last years playoffs. He's clearly passed his prime post Achilles injury. This is the latter part of his career and cannot be a #1 option on a championship team anymore.

I remember when I thought Shai couldn’t dribble, and I didn’t trust point guards, with this type cut (Elfrid Payton let me down)….especially from Canada.

IMG_6713.jpeg

Shorty impressive!

Shai was mocked to the Knicks by some & I thought his skillset overlapped with Ntilikina too much :rofl:

That's nice to say, but like it just seems like if KD is driving the bus there's dysfunction.

He chose to have Kyrie on his squad, he chose Steve Nash, he chose to get rid of Nash.

He was a big part of creating that environment.

It always seems to follow him hard to think he's not somewhat responsible.

Back
Top Bottom