The Official NBA Thread

I've been the most vocal supporter of Rudy Gobert since everyone flipped on him during that COVID stuff.. I have also been adamant that the trade was a win for y'all since it happened.. most people are casual fans who only watch a handful of teams so you can't really take their opinions seriously.

🤷‍♂️

Spoke with their chest out..loud and wrong.

Don't really care for Rudy the person, but the narrative carried over from previous years on his play was way way wrong for the Rudy on this '23-'24 team. I seen you though... :smokin

Minnesota is built just like the 2020 Lakers

3 Impact Bigs - KAT/Rudy/Naz…..a la AD/McGee/Dwight

Leading Scorer and playmaker - Edwards, a la Bron

Veteran Battle Tested Clutch Floor General playing with something to prove - Conley, a la Rondo

All kinds of two-way wing players and guards with a nice mix of veterans and youth - Caruso, KCP, Kuzma, DGreen, Kieff….. a la Alexander-Walker, McDaniels, Anderson, Warren, Morris

Meanwhile the Lakers did the opposite while top teams like BOS, MIN, DEN, DAL all continued building bigger frontcourts and copied the Lakers’ 2020, Raptors’ 2019, and Bucks’ 2021 championship formulas, and got better.

😂😂😂😂

Bron, KD, and Kawhi getting washed by the young bucks .. I'm really about to cry bruh. Our era almost over

jordan-crying (1).gif

Might be?

Dudes is chalked. There's not even a reasonable path forward.

Terrible matchup in hindsight.

I was nervous because they handled 'Sota in the regular season. There was something always off about those L's, but when 2 of their big 3 was cookin', the Wolves got cooked.

Defense was turned up a notch and I joke, but Grayson going down was big, in reality. Suns don't have the depth to compete.

The hype of close games between Lakers/GSW in January was my tipping point...tried to tell y'all it was a mid-off.

EYE was calling the Lakers/Dubs matchup the midbowl all season.

Only there delusional fanbases thought those teams were championship caliber.

EYE was definitely wrong about the Wolves though.

Thought they would go fully goofy between KAT and Goober and as much as EYE like Ant thought he would turn into dark skinned Tatum in late game situation.

EYE really thought the Phoenix "Big 3" and their supporting cast would be enough to overcome them.

These dudes have punched Phoenix in the mouth from the Game 1 tipoff and haven't looked byke.

Their series with Denver should be fun.

Trade away 2 of the big 3(I hate calling them that because two of them are past prime) and stack up on assets.
You aint getting off Beal without taking something just as bad or worse back.

You trade KD and Book says he’s out. It’s full blown shambles.

Assuming Denver sweeps us, I'm still very optimistic about next season. I got a good feeling we're gonna make some major moves this off-season. I feel like we can get Tatum and KD if we get aggressive. Hopefully Pelinka is ready to get his hands dirty

You aint getting off Beal without taking something just as bad or worse back.

You trade KD and Book says he’s out. It’s full blown shambles.
You might be right but Book doesn't seem like that type of cat to me. He's young enough to where they can do a soft rebuild and he'll still be in his prime when the team is ready to complete. You're spot on about Beal... Trading for him made no sense to begin with ESPECIALLY if you watched his last two years in Washington.

Assuming Denver sweeps us, I'm still very optimistic about next season. I got a good feeling we're gonna make some major moves this off-season. I feel like we can get Tatum and KD if we get aggressive. Hopefully Pelinka is ready to get his hands dirty
Tatum?

And Durant

Inspiring optimism as delusional as it seems

EYE was calling the Lakers/Dubs matchup the midbowl all season.

Only there delusional fanbases thought those teams were championship caliber.

EYE was definitely wrong about the Wolves though.

Thought they would go fully goofy between KAT and Goober and as much as EYE like Ant thought he would turn into dark skinned Tatum in late game situation.

EYE really thought the Phoenix "Big 3" and their supporting cast would be enough to overcome them.

These dudes have punched Phoenix in the mouth from the Game 1 tipoff and haven't looked byke.

Their series with Denver should be fun.

All good, fam...I don't remember most names who posted what I'm referring to anyway or else I'd @ them...just speaking on the consensus.

Definitely feel Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat and B Sox B Sox are wrong about 'Sota's Rudy, but overall they're savvy posters...the Lakers/GSW stuff was delusion a plenty. :lol:

Pleighboi, this isn't eem plausible in 2K. :lol:

EYE think Pelinka will try to swing big and bring in another superstar to form a new Big 3 which will in turn leave the Lakers looking for players on the margin to fill out the roster.

GOODT! luck.

All good, fam...I don't remember most names who posted what I'm referring to anyway or else I'd @ them...just speaking on the consensus.

Definitely feel Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat and B Sox B Sox are wrong about 'Sota's Rudy, but overall they're savvy posters...the Lakers/GSW stuff was delusion a plenty. :lol:
I don’t think I’ve ever said Goober wasn’t a really good defender (even though he kinda looked like trash last year) :lol:

Just said he wasn’t the best.

But him and McDaniels and Ant have been fantastic on that end.

If making it out of the first round of the playoffs is as far as they get, I’m still gonna think the trade was stupid as hell.

Pleighboi, this isn't eem plausible in 2K. :lol:

EYE think Pelinka will try to swing big and bring in another superstar to form a new Big 3 which will in turn leave the Lakers looking for players on the margin to fill out the roster.

GOODT! luck.
It's definitely possible if we trade the right people away...

the-wire-stringer-bell (1).gif

From how rudy looked last year- I couldn’t help but to go all in on the slander. Lord knows wavy would have piled on if Mitchell had the same type of year

To Rudy’s credit he and the wolves recovered nicely this season with towns back healthy

Like I said, now we see how real their matchup was with Denver last year. If they lose towns and can’t replace him with pieces and go out sad to Denver….

You gonna get hit with some counter punches bruv

From how rudy looked last year- I couldn’t help but to go all in on the slander. Lord knows wavy would have piled on if Mitchell had the same type of year

To Rudy’s credit he and the wolves recovered nicely this season with towns back healthy

Like I said, now we see how real their matchup was with Denver last year. If they lose towns and can’t replace him with pieces and go out sad to Denver….

You gonna get hit with some counter punches bruv

Team was rarely full health at the same time last season. Rudy and KAT especially needed to gel. By the time they were ready to roll, Naz busts his wrist and Jaden punches a concrete wall....both miss the Denver series.

They are gonna be much more tougher on Denver this time around and Denver's bench is weaker while the Wolves' got better (both via health and the season-long emergence of NAW).

I have a sturdy chin. I'm ready...

Back
Top Bottom