The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

Should at least one of the colors on the kicks match your outfit? or is that too much?  Say like those teal ones that just came up, would you wear black bottoms and a plain teal shirt?  or is this too much, what your thoughts?

Should at least one of the colors on the kicks match your outfit? or is that too much?  Say like those teal ones that just came up, would you wear black bottoms and a plain teal shirt?  or is this too much, what your thoughts?

For me personally I don't match the colors of my shoes to any of my clothes. Now catch me in 03 i wouldve been coordinated exactly with the matching hat, shirt, shoes, heck even sometimes my jeans would match :lol: but I'm too old for that now a days I'm usually in a plain colored button up, or a black or grey tee with some fitted denim and I let the shoes speak for themselves.

But to each their own, I still see some kids around my city or on Instagram who do the matchy matchy thing and they pull it off

For me personally I don't match the colors of my shoes to any of my clothes. Now catch me in 03 i wouldve been coordinated exactly with the matching hat, shirt, shoes, heck even sometimes my jeans would match
laugh.gif
but I'm too old for that now a days I'm usually in a plain colored button up, or a black or grey tee with some fitted denim and I let the shoes speak for themselves.

But to each their own, I still see some kids around my city or on Instagram who do the matchy matchy thing and they pull it off
yea i think some ppl can def. pull it off. I try not to match but sometimes I just can't help it hahaha.  If i do i'll do it subtle. However i'm trying to stay clear from that.  Like you said let the shoes speak for themselves.  I have worn the denims a couple of times and  just suck with gray and black gear.

I still match somewhat. Def more than these kids these days that try their damn hardest to make sure not one color matches anywhere. To me that looks stupider. When I can TELL you're trying not to match, that looks dumb. 

But yeah, nothin wrong with some matching here and there. Just don't go OD with matcing hat, shoes, shirt, bandana. you know? Keep the matching simple. 

Oh and as you know I've been waiting for any info on these for a stateside release so I don't have to pay 180 on euro sites. But these joints are fake right? I'd post in the legit check forum but the nike legit checks hardly get any views. I mean, these don't even have nubuck on the toebox. And the dark grey is supposed to be nubuck or suede too, right? Unless they changed something last minute? Again, I'm an AM 90 noob. I'm expert at spotting GM J's, but these I'm noob as hell. These are fake, yes?

652980-002.jpg

I usually associate overmatching (hats, tees, shoes, etc) with the hip hop culture. I've drifted away from that over the years

Last edited:
I wore khaki colored chinos, an off white heather tee, and a light blue button down collar oxford with a camo pocket. Shirt opened and sleeves rolled. That's pretty much how I dress if I'm not going to work. I try to stay away from matching exact colors. Instead I'll wear something in the same color family/different shade.

Oh and as you know I've been waiting for any info on these for a stateside release so I don't have to pay 180 on euro sites. But these joints are fake right? I'd post in the legit check forum but the nike legit checks hardly get any views. I mean, these don't even have nubuck on the toebox. And the dark grey is supposed to be nubuck or suede too, right? Unless they changed something last minute? Again, I'm an AM 90 noob. I'm expert at spotting GM J's, but these I'm noob as hell. These are fake, yes?
the pair with the nubuck is probably a unreleased pre-production sample

nike scraped the nubuck for the final retail version, so you now have leather on the mudguard and on the toebox

the pair with the nubuck is probably a unreleased pre-production sample

nike scraped the nubuck for the final retail version, so you now have leather on the mudguard and on the toebox
Thanks. Repped. So I can rest assure that the shoes pictured are the real deal? I don't like them as much without the nubuck hits, but I still really like the colorway so I'll cop. Found them for 105 shipped. Another noob question. The LTR stands for leather? In reference to the use of leather instead of mesh?

Oh and how did you know they scrapped the nubuck for regular leather?

Last edited:
aksuited aksuited I saw those listed on eBay as well earlier... I believe a lot of the early production pairs overseas were nubuck via Instagram pictures. But as the shoes have been popping up readily in the US they've been all leather. A sneaker shop in Michigan advertised them for sale and they looked just like the images you posted above. The "LTR" does stand for leather and these should be popping up on Nike.com shortly as they have another pair listed with the same description just different colorway.

AKsuited- Those are legit. Theres actual 2 different versions of the same CW, using different materials for each. The all leather joints seemed to have dropped here in the U.S. ( 652980-002 LTR) Where as the Suede version ( 666578-003) has dropped across the waters. From what Ive seen- Size?, Kickz , Titolo.....etc.

AKsuited- Those are legit. Theres actual 2 different versions of the same CW, using different materials for each. The all leather joints seemed to have dropped here in the U.S. ( 652980-002 LTR) Where as the Suede version ( 666578-003) has dropped across the waters. From what Ive seen- Size?, Kickz , Titolo.....etc.
Thanks for the info guys. Both of you repped. 

Oh well...I really wanted the suede versions, but it looks like 160ish shipped for those. I couldn't pass up the regular leather ones for 105 shipped on Ebay even though I like the other ones more. I mean, damn, it's a 60 dollar difference.

Thanks for the info guys. Both of you repped. 

Oh well...I really wanted the suede versions, but it looks like 160ish shipped for those. I couldn't pass up the regular leather ones for 105 shipped on Ebay even though I like the other ones more. I mean, damn, it's a 60 dollar difference.
better you wait a lil bit, maybe the suede version will come to the US

Do the denims fit like other AM90s ?
They usually fit me pretty small so I tend to go up half a size. Trying to grab a pair even if I´m late :/

Back
Top Bottom