The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

Thanks Again [emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji]
wink.gif

@Maxamillion02  how do the fantastics fit?  i take it seeing as theyre older, prob a little tighter?  i have 2 pairs from 06 that feel like like a 9 than 9.5. 

I get the Infared's are the seminal colorway for 90s, but the heads at Nike must be seriously starved for ideas because they use some variation of that colorway every few months. In general NIke, needs to slow their roll, a million releases but most of them are garbage.  There's no incentive for exclusivity with their releases anymore because the hypebeasts cop every release regardless of quality.  Scale it back a tad, increase the quality/exclusivity, and make us want them even more...

...A guy can dream can't he? Lol
I agree with you, but...

I think this is the result of everyone and their mother crying about limited releases just a few years back: 'why doesn't Nike just release more shoes so we can all get what what we want?'

IMO the resale game more or less drove Nike to this, but there really has to be a happy medium (where resale isn't astronomical and where everything on retail doesn't end up on sale and in Marshall's and Ross')

Why is it a bad thing if shoes for retail end up going on sale at Ross or marshalls? As a consumer that's what you should want :lol:

Why is it a bad thing if shoes for retail end up going on sale at Ross or marshalls? As a consumer that's what you should want :lol:

Starter is a good example of why not. I dont care how much anyone says exclusivity isn't a part of this game. Anyone claiming they would like to see the market flooded and saturated shouldn't even be wearing qs or prm stuff. If you're about that saturated market, then you're rocking starter, Russel athletics, and1 and whatever they sell at Walmart. Or you don't pay enough mind to be in this convo.

Let's not be overrighteous and say we don't seek out shoes with some degree of exclusivity. However, ima still copp a pair of Infrareds if I see them on sale. That's just stupid not to. I think disciple hit it on the head with a need of balance.

Last edited:
Starter is a good example of why not. I dont care how much anyone says exclusivity isn't a part of this game. Anyone claiming they would like to see the market flooded and saturated shouldn't even be wearing qs or prm stuff. If you're about that saturated market, then you're rocking starter, Russel athletics, and1 and whatever they sell at Walmart. Or you don't pay enough mind to be in this convo.

Let's not be overrighteous and say we don't seek out shoes with some degree of exclusivity. However, ima still copp a pair of Infrareds if I see them on sale. That's just stupid not to. I think disciple hit it on the head with a need of balance.
difference between you and i is that i dont care for exclusivity in the least.

if i think something looks good and i find it comfortable enough for me to wear I'm gonna buy it regardless of how exclusive whatever the product is. just because i prefer a market where you shouldn't have to jump through hoops to buy things or shouldn't have to pay a ridiculously inflated price due to hype/exclusivity in the aftermarket means i/others who share my sentiments should shop from brands at walmart? lol that just sounds stupid my guy.

you just sound like a hype beast from your last post

I think this is the result of everyone and their mother crying about limited releases just a few years back: 'why doesn't Nike just release more shoes so we can all get what what we want?'
why is this such a bad thing? this is great for us so we shouldn't have to put in as much work for things we would like to buy
 IMO the resale game more or less drove Nike to this, but there really has to be a happy medium (where resale isn't astronomical and where everything on retail doesn't end up on sale and in Marshall's and Ross')
why things going to Marshalls and Ross a bad thing b? just sounds made beasty

difference between you and i is that i dont care for exclusivity in the least.

if i think something looks good and i find it comfortable enough for me to wear I'm gonna buy it regardless of how exclusive whatever the product is. just because i prefer a market where you shouldn't have to jump through hoops to buy things or shouldn't have to pay a ridiculously inflated price due to hype/exclusivity in the aftermarket means i/others who share my sentiments should shop from brands at walmart? lol that just sounds stupid my guy.

you just sound like a hype beast from your last post
why is this such a bad thing? this is great for us so we shouldn't have to put in as much work for things we would like to buy

why things going to Marshalls and Ross a bad thing b? just sounds made beasty

I agree with you. I think you're missing my point. I'm not someone who only looks for and flaunts exclusivity. I wear cheaply made h&m sweats. I only buy cheap store brands like equate and America's choice. What I'm saying is, if we didn't care beyond function, we wouldnt be concerned with brand name like Nike or monikers like qs vs gr vs who the heck cares. You do care beyond function, because if you didn't, you wouldnt be in this dialogue. You'd be wearing work boots all the time. And cheap ones at that (maybe).

I agree with you. So no I am not a hypebeast. I'm just realistic and open to my own vanity. I'm aware of my limitations and my motives. I will never own bespokes. I will never buy OGs vs paying for my car. I have trouble spending over 200 on a pair. And just like you, I refuse to jump through hoops to get them.

If its beasty to you, why even try with this stuff. Why not scrap it and wear sketchers? Because you care. Maybe not to the degree of others but its there man. And yeah, ima roll through marshalls to see if those 90s are there. Because I don't care if I got them at marshalls, ndc or overpriced sneaker bistro.

Last edited:
I agree with you. I think you're missing my point. I'm not someone who only looks for and flaunts exclusivity. I wear cheaply made h&m sweats. I only buy cheap store brands like equate and America's choice. What I'm saying is, if we didn't care beyond function, we wouldnt be concerned with brand name like Nike or monikers like qs vs gr vs who the heck cares. You do care beyond function, because if you didn't, you wouldnt be in this dialogue. You'd be wearing work boots all the time. And cheap ones at that (maybe).

I agree with you. So no I am not a hypebeast. I'm just realistic and open to my own vanity. I'm aware of my limitations and my motives. I will never own bespokes. I will never buy OGs vs paying for my car. I have trouble spending over 200 on a pair. And just like you, I refuse to jump through hoops to get them.

If its beasty to you, why even try with this stuff. Why not scrap it and wear sketchers? Because you care. Maybe not to the degree of others but its there man. And yeah, ima roll through marshalls to see if those 90s are there. Because I don't care if I got them at marshalls, ndc or overpriced sneaker bistro.

I don't think everyone's motives for liking Nike products has to be linked to any degree of exclusivity at all. There are tons of people that love Nikes Designs, the marks they've made in history, and coming together with others that like the brands and sharing/discussing other things they may have in common. Fact of the matter is Nike is easy to like. They're everywhere in every store and even if you know nothing about shoes or sneaker culture chances are defaulting to Nikes is something a lot of people do. No doubt exclusivity drives the market for a portion of nikes customers but not everyone is influenced by exclusivity. More than likely more people are persuaded by nikes perceived status as being the best and most well known. Caring about exclusivity might be required to be a "sneakerhead" but I stopped being a Sneakerhead a long time ago

I don't think everyone's motives for liking Nike products has to be linked to any degree of exclusivity at all. There are tons of people that love Nikes Designs, the marks they've made in history, and coming together with others that like the brands and sharing/discussing other things they may have in common. Fact of the matter is Nike is easy to like. They're everywhere in every store and even if you know nothing about shoes or sneaker culture chances are defaulting to Nikes is something a lot of people do. No doubt exclusivity drives the market for a portion of nikes customers but not everyone is influenced by exclusivity. More than likely more people are persuaded by nikes perceived status as being the best and most well known. Caring about exclusivity might be required to be a "sneakerhead" but I stopped being a Sneakerhead a long time ago

This was more what I was eluding to. Quality, craftsmanship, exclusivity, status symbolism, function, comfort, whatever you want to call it. There's A reason we lean towards the brands we do. If we didn't, we would be part of the population that doesnt care about a saturated market or not. I was just tryna highlight why some wouldn't want the sought after releases in abundant access.

Let's say Infrareds or lasers were readily available at Payless. Sure, that'd be great for the time being, but for how long? What if everyone you knew had them, would that make a difference? What if they became as common place as the air monarchs? Every 60 year old rocking Infrareds just as you do. Does that matter? Call me shallow or whatever makes everyone feel better about themselves, but I like some degree of exclusivity. Because I'm not feeling air monarchs.

Last edited:
This was more what I was eluding to. Quality, craftsmanship, exclusivity, status symbolism, function, comfort, whatever you want to call it. There's A reason we lean towards the brands we do. If we didn't, we would be part of the population that doesnt care about a saturated market or not. I was just tryna highlight why some wouldn't want the sought after releases in abundant access.

Let's say Infrareds or lasers were readily available at Payless. Sure, that'd be great for the time being, but for how long? What if everyone you knew had them, would that make a difference? What if they became as common place as the air monarchs? Every 60 year old rocking Infrareds just as you do. Does that matter? Call me shallow or whatever makes everyone feel better about themselves, but I like some degree of exclusivity. Because I'm not feeling air monarchs.

I mean Nike owns like 80% of the current sneaker market right now. How is that any different than the scenario you just described? With as many infrared 90 releases there have been how often do you see them on people's feet in person and not on the Internet and or on social media?

I mean Nike owns like 80% of the current sneaker market right now. How is that any different than the scenario you just described? With as many infrared 90 releases there have been how often do you see them on people's feet in person and not on the Internet and or on social media?

I guess that's a good question. Idk, it's relative. Perhaps I'm not looking out for other kicks or maybe 90s stand out. I personally don't see as many 90s as other. If I did, I probably wouldn't be looking for 90s with such fervor. Which has started to happen because of the very aforementioned reason.

I guess that's a good question. Idk, it's relative. Perhaps I'm not looking out for other kicks or maybe 90s stand out. I personally don't see as many 90s as other. If I did, I probably wouldn't be looking for 90s with such fervor. Which has started to happen because of the very aforementioned reason.

But I mean even now adays with so many releases being released in such heavy volumes, how often do you see people wearing the same shoes? Not like in the early to mid 2000s when releases were scarce in terms of frequency and in volume. Seems to me the chances of someone wearing the same shoe as you in the real world has gone down. It's just that the reason they aren't isn't because the shoe was hard to get but because they simply chose something else. But I guess it's all relative. Like I said I'm not a Sneakerhead anymore so I'm not as in tune to what is going on in the culture, but I like it better that way.

Why is it a bad thing if shoes for retail end up going on sale at Ross or marshalls? As a consumer that's what you should want
laugh.gif
As bad as it sounds, a part of the reason some of us like certain shoes and styles is because they are not immediately or as easily accessible and available to the general public. I don't like going somewhere and seeing every single person wearing the same shoes I spent a bunch of cash for, as I'm sure most of us here don't. Exclusivity is not THE only thing, but I think it is definitely a part of why we like what we like. As a consumer, yea, I like sales - but not if those same sales are contributing to everyone and their mother getting the same pairs I like...

Back
Top Bottom