The Official Nike Kobe Retro Thread

I used to make a big spill about resellers but I've come to peace with them. I personally don't resell but I do buy certain stuff I want from resellers because I miss out on them. Resellers has always been a part of the sneaker game, even way back then. 

making a lot of assumptions. A lot of cats have jobs but get extra money off kicks on the side.
Don't take it personally.  
smile.gif

I hate resellers so id prefer them to make it a fair shot so the dodgy people who get a FSR cant dictate the price. Everyone would be happy to a bit pay over retail for limited kicks and if they climb over a period of time coz pairs are drying up. At least those that wanted them had another shot to eat. This is how it is with others theyre available in plenty and deals can be had left and right. Masterpiece were eveywhere straight away and then they climbed a bit when pairs dried up. Prelude pack the same. Also its not disrespectful to kobe for resell prices to be low and people trying to make a quick buck. Way better than inflated prices.

Please nobody trade your yeezys and pay these amounts it only props up the price.

Last edited:
I don't know where you guys are finding 9s for 320-350 but if anyone comes across them in a size 9 at those prices please please PM me. Will take that down in a heartbeat.

^^ Don't know where you're located but if you wanna double sock it and grab a size 10 there's one on craigslist here in LA for $320

Had to double take when I saw it.. :lol:

Masterpiece were eveywhere straight away and then they climbed a bit when pairs dried up. 
wasn't the case here. Masterpieces started at a very high price. Same goes for Preludes. In fact, prices has dropped for both compared to the first batch of aftermarket prices. 

just got the kobe 4 ftb for 325, amazing shoe and pretty good quality.  Will be rocked on the court.  

wish I could double up.  Cool Grey 4s to me

People in here acting like Yeezys aren't overhyped/overrated lol

They're actually pretty similar to the XI's in terms of inflation vs. retail at the moment.

I'd trade any Yeezy purchased at retail (other than TDs) for the FTB XI's in a heartbeat....

Kobe >>>>>> Kanye

(Full disclaimer: I am bitter because I sold my TDs back in July for $800 and now they're selling for double that...)

800s great for a 200 shoe. Yeezys been hyped for a long time boosts are nothing compared to RO and such prices. Kobes stuff never been that much of a pricehike cept maybe HTMs but these arent those.

Should i get kobe 6 grinch VNDS for $375?

800s great for a 200 shoe. Yeezys been hyped for a long time boosts are nothing compared to RO and such prices. Kobes stuff never been that much of a pricehike cept maybe HTMs but these arent those.

Should i get kobe 6 grinch VNDS for $375?
certain kobe's have fetched this type of price before. Snakepools, Barcs for example

sorry I'm not too good with Kobe legit checks unless the colorway or the mold is way off. I rarely deal with high end or fakes of kobes. Can't help you there. 

Bought em they had two others that looked the same. Brand new. From kickkspot in georgetown, dc. Had some oxford tans vnds for 600 every other price was consignment level diagusting. The box says bought from flightclub ny for 700 ds so i think im good. Checked ebay pics and other fakes were bad with different insoles.

the 1's were truly the model that I never got down with. Which is a little crazy considering the significance of that model in his career. Never felt the love for the 2's either. 4's/5's were the model that made me love his sig series and is strictly my basketball shoe rotations. 

the 1's were truly the model that I never got down with. Which is a little crazy considering the significance of that model in his career. Never felt the love for the 2's either. 4's/5's were the model that made me love his sig series and is strictly my basketball shoe rotations. 

Loved the 1s. Loved them to play in. 2/3s same.

I fell off with the 4-7. Wasn't huge on the low tops at the time plus I was in college. Regret it now.

Picked back up with the 8s.

4's/5's were the model that made me love his sig series and is strictly my basketball shoe rotations. 

I think that's when most people really started buying Kobe's, including myself. The first low top for him got people intrigued. Colorways for the IV were great too.

Loved the 1s. Loved them to play in. 2/3s same.

I fell off with the 4-7. Wasn't huge on the low tops at the time plus I was in college. Regret it now.

Picked back up with the 8s.
I think that's when most people really started buying Kobe's, including myself. The first low top for him got people intrigued. Colorways for the IV were great too.
whats crazy is that I would have never thought to play in low cut shoes. I actually skipped over on the 4's initially, and picked up Chaos 5's on major discount. Really loved how the model felt. Went back to pick up some Inline 4's. But 5's were the best model in terms of performance and comfort for me. 4's had a few great colorways such as POP, Inlines, Carpe Diem, Beijings, but my favorite of that line was the Chaos/Joker 4's. And the 5's, man, had some of the GOAT colorways of the entire Kobe sig models. Including all the extremely limited ones that never made it to the public, I'm talking about Shannon Browns, MLK, Motherlovers, Parades, the list goes on lol. My man @WITNESSkb24  has the best 5's collection I've ever seen. 

6's were nice too, owned a few colorways, but they had nothing on the 5's IMO. 7's was garbage. 

Last edited:
Buying these just to resell for $320 is disrespectful to Kobe himself :smh:

Pairs from this pack should be:

1) rocked
2) kept on ice and cherished as a collector item
3) or should at least command a resell price of $500+ (due to the limited numbers and the significance/timing of the pack)

Flipping them for a quick $100 like they're the weekly GR Jordan is a waste IMO.

They only announced quantity for the XIs. I don't think that many more were made of the other models.

They only announced quantity for the XIs. I don't think that many more were made of the other models.
Why are people even believing that ESPN reporter? Nike really doesn't release numbers but for some reason they told that guy. I don't buy it.

I don't think the FTB 11's numbers were ever confirmed, but that won't stop people from running with the rumor that's already out. 

Back
Top Bottom