The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
20211119_143004.jpg

I know Ja be at the rack and getting to it…but didn’t know it was like THAT. Sheesh. Expected Giannis to be there at the rim

Not as outlandish of a take as it seems on the surface IMO

Lebron is a genetic freak, but there have been quite a bit of those in NBA history. Not to the extent of Lebron, because he has combined elite skill with his genetic outlier of traits, but we've seen big time athletes come and go in the league.

Steph is like this 6'4 pg (Swear down in person he's closer to 6'4 than 6'3) who's a weird combination of Rod Strickland Kyrie Irving and like Reggie Miller / Steve Nash :lol: bruh is taking 14 3's a game and making them at a 41% clip. Off the dribble, pin downs, 4pt line range, you name it. Never seen nothing like it.

Obviously both really rare talents that are once in a lifetime guys. But we've gotten Jordan, Kobe, Wade, Westbrook, Rose, Zion, who were also big time athletes. We've never come close to getting someone who's at the level of scorer and shooter that Steph is.

Last edited:
We've seen some impressive scorers in NBA history, but I don't think we've ever seen someone shoot the ball like Steph.

Yes, we've seen many elite spot up shooters, but the way this guy creates shots is what's most impressive. His movement without the ball rivals Reggie Miller/Rip Hamilton as well.

Def. a once in a lifetime talent. As someone said earlier, he's the type of player you tell your grandchildren about.

if 6’3 ja is livin in the paint, buttercup AD got no excuse to be shooting them mid range.

I would always ask myself why AD takes those midrange shots for someone his size.

But then I see how injury prone he is and it makes sense. With that being said, Ja needs to chill out before he gets hurt.

ngl, every time he post, I hope mvp sees himself right away in someone else's avy

like, he took an innocent tourist pic in another city. never once with the thought that another man would take it and use it for his avatar on a sneaker forum
Bruh. How am I just now catching/finding out about this :rofl: :rofl: I don’t even know what to say tbh. Wow :lol:

All of this. You don’t hoop or are at most a casual if you didn’t understand what Red Mamba was getting at.

And to be clear, obviously Lebron is a 1 of 1. We haven't seen nothing like him either.

But Lebron came in the league in 03. After him we got russ, ja, Zion (!), Rose and obviously before him we had Michael Jordan. So there's at least some precedence for the "freak athlete" (Not on Lebron's level, but yeah)

There has been nothing like Steph and I don't think we'll ever see someone be able to make off the bounce 3's at a 42% clip while taking 14 of them a game. That to me feels like the 100 points wilt chamberlain thing.

I know Ja be at the rack and getting to it…but didn’t know it was like THAT. Sheesh. Expected Giannis to be there at the rim

Been trying to tell people in here but there’s always a big man bias when it comed to paint scorers. Shaq 2.0 just happens to be a PG with a floater.

Ja is the most dominant player in the NBA. Unguardable
Ja Morant is the most dominant paint scorer since Shaq

Bro you missed a lot then. Gotta find those posts 💞

I remember his trip to NY (if we’re talking this year) but not that pic or what Flamboyant_Luv23 Flamboyant_Luv23 did with it. This should be good :lol:

And to be clear, obviously Lebron is a 1 of 1. We haven't seen nothing like him either.

But Lebron came in the league in 03. After him we got russ, ja, Zion (!), Rose and obviously before him we had Michael Jordan. So there's at least some precedence for the "freak athlete" (Not on Lebron's level, but yeah)

There has been nothing like Steph and I don't think we'll ever see someone be able to make off the bounce 3's at a 42% clip while taking 14 of them a game. That to me feels like the 100 points wilt chamberlain thing.

100%.

At the same time, I think it was a dumb comment to make all together. The chances of being a Top 20 basketball player of all-time are infinitesimal to begin with so you’re really just splitting hairs in the estimation of the odds that the hypothetical child becomes either.

Been trying to tell people in here but there’s always a big man bias when it comed to paint scorers. Shaq 2.0 just happens to be a PG with a floater.

Bro. I truly cannot tell if you are serious about the Ja and Evan Mobley narratives that you have been pushing this season. This is some of your best work (srs).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom