The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Idk they're fake though so they legit stay that round just always
laugh.gif
. They were weird af
roll.gif
laugh.gif

lmao probably hard as rocks

I actually had no idea they made that lens. From what I remember when having Nikon, they just had like a super expensive one. Good to know Nikon is filling the gaps. That is a solid setup considering. Crazy to think you can get a full frame body and lens now for way under $2K now. People had no choice but to start at crop bodies.

I like the size of the D750. I assume it's comparable to the 6D which oddly I have never seen in person. I would like to have a smaller setup but obviously money is an issue. Hopefully Canon just releases a full frame mirrorless one day so I can have both for either or situation.
I think that is more of a concern with the bodies but with lenses, that is just to gauge that it hasn't been out "in the field" for a long time which essentially is where your lenses gets its wear and tear. But for bodies, there is a certain amount of shutters it can handle before it just breaks. I replaced one on my D90 which was like $400. I shot like a madman with that camera.

Dang really? Shiieee hope its like a gazillion shots before that happens. But no really, whats the average life? Or shutters?

I actually had no idea they made that lens. From what I remember when having Nikon, they just had like a super expensive one. Good to know Nikon is filling the gaps. That is a solid setup considering. Crazy to think you can get a full frame body and lens now for way under $2K now. People had no choice but to start at crop bodies.

I like the size of the D750. I assume it's comparable to the 6D which oddly I have never seen in person. I would like to have a smaller setup but obviously money is an issue. Hopefully Canon just releases a full frame mirrorless one day so I can have both for either or situation.
I think that is more of a concern with the bodies but with lenses, that is just to gauge that it hasn't been out "in the field" for a long time which essentially is where your lenses gets its wear and tear. But for bodies, there is a certain amount of shutters it can handle before it just breaks. I replaced one on my D90 which was like $400. I shot like a madman with that camera.

Dang really? Shiieee hope its like a gazillion shots before that happens. But no really, whats the average life? Or shutters?

They are usually rated to 100,000+ shots. If it makes you feel better, my d800e was in the mid 60k and going strong when I sold it. My d700 is well over 100k, and it hasn't had any problems.

Sensors start going bad after 150k shutters, if I'm not mistaken

i don't think i've ever seen that camera sensors go bad from use (many cameras, especially mirrorless, these days have electronic shutters that in theory not only extend the life of mechanical shutters, it would allow use of the camera even in the case of the mechanical shutter not working), mechanical shutters though are usually rated as dragicon dragicon noted, somewhere in the 100ks, at which point you have it replaced or buy another camera...

Last edited:
i don't think i've ever seen that camera sensors go bad from use (many cameras, especially mirrorless, these days have electronic shutters that in theory extend the life of mechanical shutters), mechanical shutters though are usually rated as @dragicon noted, somewhere in the 100ks, at which point you have it replaced or buy another camera...
I didn't know if it was the shutter or sensor, thanks for the info!

^^^^I mean unless it is brand spanking new, you will only get like a $100 or so dollars from it. Can't imagine anyone really wanting that camera since it came out in 2006. Iphones shoot better photos then that I assume.
And then what happens? Just stops taking pics?

Shows as an error on your camera and pretty much just bricks your body.

Mine was literally like this. Was shooting some pics of my girl and after that, just instant error and it never worked after.

d80_ERR__27122.1358966649.500.750.JPG

i wish i could do what yall do. one day ill try and learn how to shoot. i just get obsessive with certain things and i don't think i have the time for it now

i wish i could do what yall do. one day ill try and learn how to shoot. i just get obsessive with certain things and i don't think i have the time for it now

just gotta get out & do it.

i work a full time job, im a husband, and run a portrait and wedding photography business on the side.

its the hanging out and partying i end up not having time for in exchange to do what im passionate about.

Dont miss it a bit though

RAW FILES FOR DOWNLOAD

https://www.dropbox.com/s/900rb9xht233zhw/katja_winter-164.dng?dl=0

I did some pretty fun color grading on this shot. Here is the SOOC:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xjw108e0bhsai0w/Derek_Portraits-106.dng?dl=0

I chose this one because it I had to push this file a lot get something good out of it. This is why I love shooting RAW. A shot that i thought was going to be trashed because mistakes were made during the shoot ended up being one of my clients favorite shots. Here's the SOOC

Here are my edits on them... You may wanna edit your version(s) first.

I'm really excited to see what you guys do.

Last edited:
I was gonna wait to post along with my shots but I've been sick all week and haven't been in the mood to edit the last couple of days.

Ah well, here's my New York vid;

Back
Top Bottom