burney-6.png
burney-1a.png
burney-7.png
burney-8.png
burney-9f.png
burney-4.png
burney-3.png

Last edited:
Great thread! Really liking everyone's shots.

Had my Nikon D750 for about two years and only taken it out of my house about 4 times :smh:. Mostly use my iPhone for pics but this thread is really making me want to use my dslr more.

Just need to find stuff to shoot. I'm not really the adventurous go to the middle of nowhere and start taking photos type of person so imma have to do some research and find interesting places around DFW.

Very excited to start using my camera again :smokin

Great thread! Really liking everyone's shots.

Had my Nikon D750 for about two years and only taken it out of my house about 4 times :smh:. Mostly use my iPhone for pics but this thread is really making me want to use my dslr more.

Just need to find stuff to shoot. I'm not really the adventurous go to the middle of nowhere and start taking photos type of person so imma have to do some research and find interesting places around DFW.

Very excited to start using my camera again :smokin

yea one way to approach trying to use your camera more is finding interesting things, that way require a bit more effort than trying to making the things you photograph interesting...you just have to get over the hump of bringing your camera with you more, especially if you are not particularly in the habit of just going out to get photos; even if you may not even use it most times. you could also make pictures of things in/around your spot, take a short stroll/bike ride around your neighborhood to see what you come across and try to find a way to capture it in a interested way, you don't have to go to some exotic/far off/new destination...

good luck with putting your camera to more use in 2017 bruv!

Last edited:
I was gonna wait to post along with my shots but I've been sick all week and haven't been in the mood to edit the last couple of days.

Ah well, here's my New York vid;

Great video! You got me missing NY in the spring/summer. Can't wait for this winter to be over!

^^^^^Are you talking about the white balance? Well, I always set my white balance manually. I think I had it more tinted blue than yellow. I shot this at f/2 on my 50mm. The bokeh worked for the snow that was falling. I edited it pretty simple in PS. I kind of wish there was more light at the time but it was super overcast. I have some verticals shots that worked better but posted the horizontal instead.

^^^^^Are you talking about the white balance? Well, I always set my white balance manually. I think I had it more tinted blue than yellow. I shot this at f/2 on my 50mm. The bokeh worked for the snow that was falling. I edited it pretty simple in PS. I kind of wish there was more light at the time but it was super overcast. I have some verticals shots that worked better but posted the horizontal instead.

I was thinking more along the lines of shutter speed and aperture. I've tried shooting a couple portraits in the snow and have struggled to get the snow to turn out.

Oh......well shoot at high shutter. That photo was shot at 1/6400 at ISO 800 and at f/1.8. I shot at f/1.4 which had better light but it was so hard to get my fiancee in focus. I shot at f/2as well and that worked better but this was one of my few at f/1.8 that was clear.

I was temped to do a flash photo since I had all my gear but it was just too cold to do. You get more of the snow when you shoot it from behind sort of like below.

Screen-Shot-2015-02-04-at-10.26.16-AM.png

Solid work Fong, those shots came out incredible :pimp:

Thanks yo.....I appreciate that. I didn't use any filters for any of those shots but after looking at Jordan's stuff, I really need to try and get a nice balance of the two editing styles. I finally learned some stuff in Lightroom and it's getting easier. Oddly I think their filter stuff isn't so great when comparing to say my VSCO stuff on my phone, but I am sure I just still don't know how to use it.

Yeah Fong .. R E P P E D ... Like that one with your girl and the fall behind.

All are nice though...

@Mr Fongstarr  Appreciate the advice! 

Edited @DJYoung08  's on the plane today. 

Had a lot of fun with this one. Was surprised how much could be pulled from the raw.

A blizzard started as I was boarding the plane and I was able to get this with my iphone. I wish I had my camera on me for it. 

Had a big shoot today and photographer had a D750. Camera was beast.

I understand how 50mm on a full frame works compared to 50mm on my crop.

Whats the cheapest Canon full frame? Would it even make sense to a better camera thats not full frame?

yea one way to approach trying to use your camera more is finding interesting things, that way require a bit more effort than trying to making the things you photograph interesting...you just have to get over the hump of bringing your camera with you more, especially if you are particularly in the habit of just going out to get photos; even if you may not even use it most times. you could also make pictures of things in/around your spot, take a short stroll/bike ride around your neighborhood to see what you come across and try to find a way to capture it in a interested way, you don't have to go to some exotic/far off/new destination...

good luck with putting your camera to more use in 2017 bruv!

Will definitely take that great advice :smokin

Preciate it fam!

Anyone ever have an issue importing Nikon raw files onto a Mac?
iPhoto says it doesn't recognize NEF files and won't let me import them from an sdcard

Anyone ever have an issue importing Nikon raw files onto a Mac?
iPhoto says it doesn't recognize NEF files and won't let me import them from an sdcard
I don't use iPhoto, but if you're just importing to your machine, you can just drag and drop from the sd card if you have a card reader.

Had a big shoot today and photographer had a D750. Camera was beast.

I understand how 50mm on a full frame works compared to 50mm on my crop.

Whats the cheapest Canon full frame? Would it even make sense to a better camera thats not full frame?

Better lenses will benifit you more than a full frame camera at this point.

But to answer your question, as far as current models brand new, the canon 6d is the cheapest option.

I just recently upgraded cameras about a month ago, I just bought a Nikon D750 and so far im enjoying it. My current issue is that lightroom isn't recognizing my raw files, does anyone know how to get around this? I also tried getting a DNG converter from adobe labs, but it still doesnt let me edit them in lightroom. Can someone help me? 

Back
Top Bottom