The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

yeah i want protection for this kind of stuff. i dont want to keep taking my lens cap on and off. i dont care about drop damage as much. just for those times where i will be shooting for long periods of time.

I wanted to discuss a few photographs that I've seen online that I can't help but say are "terrible"

This pic is so odd to me. I don't understand why the boy is naked AND Russell is behind her. Remove the Lil Future and this pic is exponentially better. Remove Russell and once you put some clothes on the child it has potential. But all together it's something that I'd try to convince my client to change their mind.

I wanted to discuss a few photographs that I've seen online that I can't help but say are "terrible"

Maternity pictures in general are pretty odd to me.... especially this one. :rofl:

But im a guy :lol:

SOOOOOOOOOOO many women think shots like this are beautiful/amazing/artistic/ **insert adjective**

When I searched for the pic this morning I searched her maternity pics and the ones she had for her son and those were so much better but this one just comes off as odd

Maternity pictures can be so cliché with hands on the stomach, kissing the stomach, etc

I'm glad my wife didn't take maternity pics or any of those Anne Geddes-type new-born photos. Always creeped me out.

Dropped my 22nd Lightroom tutorial video today!! :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Its about enhancing / adding more bokeh to your images.

Would be super dope if y'all checked it out. :smile:

How to Add Bokeh In Lightroom - Teach Me How to Lightroom - 022

--

Im going to be recording my first behind the scenes video this Saturday too for a cosplay portrait session. Im super excited.

--

Im going to be recording my first behind the scenes video this Saturday too for a cosplay portrait session. Im super excited.

much quality! question: why not use a radial filter for the blur?

--

much quality! question: why not use a radial filter for the blur?

oh I totally could have.

The reason why I didnt this example is because of the depth of field plane was very horizontal so it made for easier cleanup to use the graduated filter.

Has anyone done or messed around with this type of editing/style?

I'm getting into surf photography and wondering what software is used to edit a still photo to animate the wave like that? Maybe After Effects?

Last edited:

This pic is so odd to me. I don't understand why the boy is naked AND Russell is behind her. Remove the Lil Future and this pic is exponentially better. Remove Russell and once you put some clothes on the child it has potential. But all together it's something that I'd try to convince my client to change their mind.
IMHO the picture is just off because Russ is behind her, kneeling down and the head hidden behind her. Like whoever let that **** slide needs to give up his photography license. Trust me, I have argue with clients that want a particular photo that I took to be retouched and published or handed to them ... If I personally feel the picture is horrible like this .. Then is no ... Period.

The joint is just weird man. That could be anyone behind her in all honesty. If Russ was standing behind her embracing both or just the belly, it would make this picture at the very least viable.

The nudity or maternity picture aren't bad and does not bother me. If properly done they are timeless work of art. Nothing wrong with making a pregnant woman feel sexy/special or photographing them as they came into this world.

Nudity is still somewhat consider taboo and that thinking it's plain stupid.

Last edited:
I am in the market for a new backpack to carry my equipment. I must be able to fit two DSLR bodies, 5 lenses, small accessories, and carry my tripod....

Must be stylish nothing too crazy tho...

I'm looking to buy a new lens but idk what to get, right now i really only shoot portrait style pics, but i wanna expand. I have a Canon 70D, and using a 85mm f1.8. Any suggestions on what other lens I should get or are essential?

I'm looking to buy a new lens but idk what to get, right now i really only shoot portrait style pics, but i wanna expand. I have a Canon 70D, and using a 85mm f1.8. Any suggestions on what other lens I should get or are essential?

Sigma 17-50 2.8?

Sigma 18-35 1.8 is the first lens I would buy if I wasn't on full frame.

Well I'm finally all setup with a second cam to do some BTS videos for my photoshoots.

My first one will be tomorrow for a venom cosplay shoot.

IDK how its going to go but im really excited.

The youtube channel is up to 286 subscribers and it blows my mind!

Thanks again, NT for all the support. :pimp:

Well I'm finally all setup with a second cam to do some BTS videos for my photoshoots.

My first one will be tomorrow for a venom cosplay shoot.

IDK how its going to go but im really excited.

The youtube channel is up to 286 subscribers and it blows my mind!

Thanks again, NT for all the support.
pimp.gif
Can't wait to see the BTS video. I've enjoyed everything you've been putting out. Keep up the good work!

anyone ever used a Savage 500w LED light kit? I was recommended by the local camera store that the savage kit was a good beginner kit.  I'll be using it probably to shoot baby pictures, maybe some videos, and shooting my shoes.

if anyone else has any other recommendation let me know! thanks!

Back
Top Bottom