The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Enjoying my sigma 50 1.4 Art a LOT :pimp:

Attachments

• untitled-2011.jpg
    untitled-2011.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 17
you rocking with sigma now? i thought you were strictly oem?? what made you go for the sigma???

I've been very unimpressed with the current canon 50 1.2L... Its suuuuuuper old.

I gave the Sigma 35mm 1.4 Art two very fair tries and hated it.

I gave the Sigma 50mm 1.4 Art a try and loved it. I ended up paying about $370 out of pocket for it.

I am pretty strict about staying with the OEM. This 50mm is definitely an anomaly even though I currently only own 7 lenses and dont consider that to be a lot.

Whenever canon decides its time to re-up their 50mm L, I will be checking it out.

I still want the canon 35mm 1.4L II.

^^^^^I have a love hate for that Canon 50mm. I have, use it when I use it but don't love it nor do I hate it. There are times when I get some good stuff though. The colors come out good compared to the Nifty Fifty but that is a huge price difference considering. Like all things, it depends on what you shoot but I would assume a 50mm is good for wedding use than say the 35mm.

Can't personally vouch for it, but I've been looking at this.
https://www.peakdesign.com/product/straps/cuff

I like this one a lot, simple and practical. Might actually go ahead and order this. Thanks!

I have one from this site, it's pretty good and comfortable for the amount of time I spend using it. They have a special every Friday to get one for $6.
http://www.strapsbyelroobs.com/
http://www.strapsbyelroobs.com/

How long do you usually use yours for? I have a friend who uses one of these that's similar but I keep forgetting to ask him where he got it from.

Late on posting these but thought I'd share a few pictures I took during the first week of Green Bay Packers training camp. Recently started taking photos so I'm still getting the hang of things.

IMG_0739.jpg
IMG_0751.jpg
IMG_0997.jpg

Also a picture of DT Milwaukee from Lake Michigan.
IMG_0903.jpg

How long do you usually use yours for? I have a friend who uses one of these that's similar but I keep forgetting to ask him where he got it from.

Just about 2 hours max at a time - it usually gets a bit tiring/heavy after that.

10,000+ acres burning in the Columbia River Gorge right now with no containment, because some teenagers decided to light firecrackers on one of the most popular trails :smh:

eagle creek fire
by bHandy Photos, on Flickr

You probably know, but just make sure to not fly your drone anywhere near those fires. There are many TFRs in the area, and the Forrest service / FAA takes them very seriously.

You probably know, but just make sure to not fly your drone anywhere near those fires. There are many TFRs in the area, and the Forrest service / FAA takes them very seriously.

Definitely. I've read too many news articles about rescue/fire helicopters being grounded because of people flying there drones to shoot the fires. There was some kid flying his Phanton around through the smoke right by where I took that shot. The fires over 30k acres now |l

Sick shot of the GG fong. I'm heading down to SF in a couple weeks, excited to get back out on Tam :lol:

^^^You moving back? I finally found that Mt Tam spot. Just didn't have any fog. Will get it one day.

IMG_2979 (2).jpg
Guys I'm having an issue with long exposures. They keep coming out blurry even though my camera is on a tripod. I have no idea what the issue is and it's frustrating. VC is on and it's not windy but I still get a blurry image. I'm not sure if it has to do with the spot that's on my camera that I posted before or not but it's pissing me off lol.

This was taken at 6 seconds with little to no wind and this is what I get!

IMG_2979 (2).jpg
Guys I'm having an issue with long exposures. They keep coming out blurry even though my camera is on a tripod. I have no idea what the issue is and it's frustrating. VC is on and it's not windy but I still get a blurry image. I'm not sure if it has to do with the spot that's on my camera that I posted before or not but it's pissing me off lol.

Are you using a shutter release? If not, then set the timer on your camera?

That initial shutter press can cause enough shake to make it blurry like that.

Are you using a shutter release? If not, then set the timer on your camera?

That initial shutter press can cause enough shake to make it blurry like that.

I have it set to a timer so it starts taking the picture after 2 seconds

IMG_2979 (2).jpg

I was under the impression that VC/VR/IS (or whatever the applicable abbreviation is) should be turned OFF when shooting from a tripod.

"Having said this there is one time when you should definitely switch IS off because it will do more harm than good to your photos – when you’re using a Tripod.

Image Stabilization (and vibration reduction) lenses look for vibrations in your camera in order to reduce it – however if they don’t find any (like when you are using a Tripod) they actually can cause it – and as a result actually cause camera shake.
"

https://digital-photography-school.com/image-stabilization-on-tripods/#ixzz2a9L0YjYI

Back
Top Bottom