The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

IMG_20180307_130036_045.jpg

I've been trying to upload pics to flickr for the past three days and i keep getting a timed out error. Anyone else having this issue?

Can you guys recommend a good tripod. Traveling soon and i want something light and foldable to be easy to pack?

Budget is $100-$150. Thanks

^^^^^I can cosign on the Mefotos unless you have a heavy lens. I use the Roadside for my 70-200mm lens and it is not sturdy at all but then no one in their right mind uses that lens for long exposures like I do. The other downside if it is one is they have twist locks. I have a love and hate relationship with them.

Too many folks out here in the bay don't charge enough imo when shooting cars. Just from the people I've met from ig they're only charging 100-150 bucks for say 20-30 pics, not taking into consideration post processing and travel time.

Too many folks out here in the bay don't charge enough imo when shooting cars. Just from the people I've met from ig they're only charging 100-150 bucks for say 20-30 pics, not taking into consideration post processing and travel time.

i've noticed this with a lot of different shoots. people post flyers on social media saying something like $75 with 3 looks lol

What's up NT fam. I could use your help here, especially those of you located in/around LA!

So I recently got engaged, and am starting my wedding planning! As much as I love photography, I have no clue where to start trying to find the perfect wedding photographer. If any of you have any recommendations, I can at least start with a photographer with a style I like and begin to narrow down my search from there. Much appreciated to all of you!

the thing is people aren't really paying for photographer pictures, though obviously that is goal, they are paying for the photographer's experience, ideas, knowledge, time, etc.

What's up NT fam. I could use your help here, especially those of you located in/around LA!

So I recently got engaged, and am starting my wedding planning! As much as I love photography, I have no clue where to start trying to find the perfect wedding photographer. If any of you have any recommendations, I can at least start with a photographer with a style I like and begin to narrow down my search from there. Much appreciated to all of you!

Honestly just google "LA wedding photogher" and you'll be able to find a lot of portfolios. I got married last year and honestly it's a hard thing to choose because you are either restricted on things like budget or you are overly crazy on finding a specific style which could lead to a higher cost. By the end of it for me, we went the cheap bought since our wedding was getting out of hand and I thoroughly hated my photos. Oddly my photoghers portfolio was good too but she just didn't apply that to our shoot but then the stuff that you see in a portfolio is a person's best work.

Anyways....good luck. I think by the end of it, don't let your photos ruin your special day. I'd put more money into the engagement shoot because it's a more controlled shoot rather than the actual wedding. I actually did my engagement shoot in Paris and Venice and had a local photographer meet us there and even with them, they did a "meh" job. I guess I am too harsh of a critique.

Need some help here. I want to take pictures with this vertical layout without actually having to crop it. Look at image 1 and then 2. What do I have to do with my DSLR to automatically take pictures like image 2 without having to take them like image 1 and then cropping it. Hope that makes sense. Thanks!
IMAGE1:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/156669146@N07/
IMAGE2:

^ sorry if this sounds condescending, but have you tried to zoom in with a zoom lens? It is dependent on your focal length. Also, depending on whether you have a full frame dslr or not, you could use crop mode on a full frame camera.

i've noticed this with a lot of different shoots. people post flyers on social media saying something like $75 with 3 looks lol

It's wild, people aren't taking into consideration their time.

the thing is people aren't really paying for photographer pictures, though obviously that is goal, they are paying for the photographer's experience, ideas, knowledge, time, etc.

This is true I never really thought of it in that sense but folks should still value their time wisely.

Spamming ya'll with shots from the 5d. This thing is sweeeeeeet, The auto focus points are game changer for me coming from the 6d. My shots are a lot more sharper which is what I needed! The images that I've gone through are on flickr but I still need to finish up this set. I'm ecstatic about the way these came out!
IMG_0285 by Mayank, on Flickr

IMG_9968 by Mayank, on Flickr

IMG_0088 by Mayank, on Flickr

Sharp by Mayank, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom