The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

I took some whatever photos when I went skating last night but I am playing with some new editing techniques. It's pretty overdone but hopefully I can geta better balance of it as I progress:

image-C107_4B2BC626.jpg

image-9806_4B2BC626.jpg

Just purchased my first DSLR today (Canon Rebel T1i)....I know it's a beginner joint but wow, the difference between this and my P&S is astounding.

A couple I snapped today just playing around:

14wvkf8.jpg

29nfbcw.jpg

I have to walk around downtown Rome all over again with this baby...can't wait.
pimp.gif

^ That reminds me. I want to make a new light box. my last one was mad ghetto. Any tips? On my last one I just had regular computer paper for the background,two holes on each side with tracing paper, and some aluminum foil on the top... with two regular desk lamps with whatever bulbs they came with. This time Iwant to go with some decent bulbs and a better build.

I got tired of having lamps lying around in my room so i tossed my old lightbox setup and just use a large construction paper on top of a tv table tray andtaped against the wall. The light comes from a single lamp at the corner of my room. If you look at the exif, it's a 1 second exposure. I'm tired ofthe full white background look and much prefer this simpler setup with soft shadows.

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

I got tired of having lamps lying around in my room so i tossed my old lightbox setup and just use a large construction paper on top of a tv table tray and taped against the wall. The light comes from a single lamp at the corner of my room. If you look at the exif, it's a 1 second exposure. I'm tired of the full white background look and much prefer this simpler setup with soft shadows.
Oh true... sounds simple enough. I don't know why I had the stupid idea in my head that I needed fast shutter speeds when the camera andsubject are completely still... errr
tired.gif
Thanks man.

A lot of dope shots in here.
pimp.gif

I myself haven't shot in a long while.

Here is one I just took last night. Canon 450D/XSi + 50mm f/1.8II.
4194534505_cf90ce6f6c_b.jpg

How do you check if there is dust on your sensor or lens. Something about a high F/stop and shooting at a white wall or so?

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

How do you check if there is dust on your sensor or lens. Something about a high F/stop and shooting at a white wall or so?
Yea pretty much. smallest aperture you can use pointed at a white wall, and slightly underexposed.

Another question...Anyone ever had their lens cleaned out because of dust particles and etc?

- How much and where?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

Yea pretty much. smallest aperture you can use pointed at a white wall, and slightly underexposed.

K thanks, is this sensor dust or lens dust?

I got tired of having lamps lying around in my room so i tossed my old lightbox setup and just use a large construction paper on top of a tv table tray and taped against the wall. The light comes from a single lamp at the corner of my room. If you look at the exif, it's a 1 second exposure. I'm tired of the full white background look and much prefer this simpler setup with soft shadows.

Is the lamp anything special or no? I'm debating on what to do...I want to be able to do both but I have had no time to figure out how to get it fullywhite. Might need to just settle for what you've got which actually looks better than I expected.

Originally Posted by baby dill

Is the lamp anything special or no? I'm debating on what to do...I want to be able to do both but I have had no time to figure out how to get it fully white. Might need to just settle for what you've got which actually looks better than I expected.
You can always shoot raw and do some quick pp to get it the way you want.

I'm about to photograph my entire collection to start off so we're talking roughly 200-250 shots that I would have to edit the white balance on. Idon't mind doing a bit of editing on them, but I am trying to avoid any excessive editing...

I may just take them outside on the deck and in the sunlight and do it that way ... this stuff is going to take forever.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom