The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Bama
tongue.gif
(Bana) - I'm not sure if I'm taking the leap but I have consider it especially since I'm not doing much shooting beside models ... HonestlyI think the f/2.8 would be nice to have for the aperture but for what I have read the f/4 is just sharper and since I'm going to be at f/7 - f/11 itdoesn't make much sense for me to spend that extra 500 bucks ... but hey ... Anyways, I might wait for a hot minute because rumors are that a new 70-200will be announce soon .. but of course those are rumors ..

Fong - you got it .. I bought the 5D from BB for a killer price with the lens and three year warranty then I got a killer deal on the 5DII from aafes.com and Icouldn't resist .. I honestly haven't even shot with the 5D for like months now .. just the 5DII so you can call it a spare .. who knows if soon itmight fall from my hand get busted and be replace for a 5DII from BB ..
tongue.gif

and to answer your question .. NO - I don't even know how to turn my camera to record videos .. honest to god!

^^^Damn....I kind of regret that about not getting the warranty at Best Buy now. My friend that made the video up there was pretty much told to to get thewarranty from a Best Buy employee so you can purposely break the camera and get a new model in the long run. I always thought there was a catch to it cause itseems to good to be true but I think even Quick did that to his 40D and got a 50D as a replacement. Crap.

thanks Rikan, I always though BB prices were off the roof?.....guess my assumption is wrong....lol

no - they are up there .. however when you have a camera that is being discontinue and it was the last one in stock and it was open and has to be sold as openpurchase .. then you get ridiculous prices ....

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

^^^Damn....I kind of regret that about not getting the warranty at Best Buy now. My friend that made the video up there was pretty much told to to get the warranty from a Best Buy employee so you can purposely break the camera and get a new model in the long run. I always thought there was a catch to it cause it seems to good to be true but I think even Quick did that to his 40D and got a 50D as a replacement. Crap.
Damn that's just dirty. I would never break a camera on purpose just to take advantage of a program. Actually, I would never buy a camera fromBestBuy in the first place (unless it's less than 50% of the retail). Oh and 40D >>>>> 50D

i heard of someone doing something like that with costco. bought camera, used it for a year (with no problems), while the retail price dropped almost 50%. hereturned it, and then bought a new one for the lower retail price. that's part of the reason costco changed their return policy.

^^ lol ^^

I didn't buy the camera with the intent of breaking the camera to get a replacement, however if that was to happen I'm going to take full advantage ofthe program.

Also, why wouldnt you buy a camera from bestbuy? I mean I know their prices are outrageous but to say you will only buy if their prices are 50% off belowretails makes no sense to me .. If their prices are lower than B&H - Adorama or any other camera place - I wouldn't have a problem from buying fromthem period plus their warranty is best to anything out there period.

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

Originally Posted by NikeAirsNCrispyTees

Bumping this because it got lost in the last page:

Hey, Rap (or anyone who can help, really)! With the 5dII, did the 70-200 f/4L still manage to get enough light on the 5dII to avoid noise indoors/at dusk? (Keep in mind that the 1DsII--my next body-- only has ISO expandable to ISO3200).

The 1DsII is full frame, but I shoot at night a lot so I just want to make sure I'm not wasting 500 bucks.
I thought about selling my Nikon gear and using that money and just getting the 70-200 f/2.8L, but I think I'm gonna keep the Nikon around for times when I don't want to risk using the 1DsII.

Thoughts?
In my opinion f/4 is way too slow for indoor/low-light shots. You'll have to seriously crank up the ISO and drag the shutter which is a bigger problem for a telephoto because even the slightest movement of your hand can blur your shot. Even 2.8 isn't fast enough for me. If shooting in low-light is what you're looking to do, pick up a prime. Also last I checked, there's no way you can get a Canon 1Ds Mark II for $500. Used bodies are going for $2000+. If you've found some sort of ridiculous deal then yeah, that's practically a robbery...otherwise, it sounds like a scam. Even with a dead shutter, I can't see this body going for less than $1800. Lastly, the 1DsII is a pro body. They are meant to be rugged and can take quite a beating. Part of the reason why pro bodies are expensive is because they're built a lot tougher and are weather sealed (depending on the lens as well). Risking it in rough conditions should be the least of your concern.

Hope this helps.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Sorry for the misunderstanding. No, I am NOT getting the body for $500. I meant the 70-200 f/4L could be had for $500 used, although it would be nice to getthe body for that much.
You make a good point about the sturdy body, but I think the lenses is what I'd be most worried about. I'll probably just have to get some older lensesfor those scenarios. If I were to break an L shooting a party, I'd kill myself (I intentionally avoided the L pun there, so no need to post that
laugh.gif
). Good point, though. A used 70-200 f/2.8L can be had for around a grand, so Isuppose it would be wise to just wait it out and save.

WARNING TO ALL FUTURE/INTERESTED/NEW PHOTOGRAPHERS:
Better start selling those sneakers now. Remember when you started buying sneakers and blew a grand in two months? Photography's like that...except blowinga grand in a day isn't nearly as hard. Don't say we didn't warn you.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by RiKaN HaVoK

^^ lol ^^

I didn't buy the camera with the intent of breaking the camera to get a replacement, however if that was to happen I'm going to take full advantage of the program.

Also, why wouldnt you buy a camera from bestbuy? I mean I know their prices are outrageous but to say you will only buy if their prices are 50% off below retails makes no sense to me .. If their prices are lower than B&H - Adorama or any other camera place - I wouldn't have a problem from buying from them period plus their warranty is best to anything out there period.
For one thing I save my money on tax, plus my statement was geared more on photography equipment in general rather than just camera bodies. Unlessit's small generic accessories than I need right away, I'd much rather support stores that have actual knowledge of the camera gear. Although ifBestBuy were to magically have the 1D Mark IV for under retail and no tax, I might just consider it. Personal preference I guess. Plus I love the feeling ofwaiting for a package to arrive...just like I am right now waiting for my G11 to arrive
smile.gif

Jose cono pai - jodistes el Z? Ta jodio pay - what happen? Olle and what part of the BX you at? Yo me kedo por el yankee stadium ...

Rap - I can understand what you mean .. I dont buy at bestbuy ever because everything is marked up .. however it doesnt mean I dont go in the store often ..they are so big that usually you can get deals from time to time .. for example I got a 47 LG 1080 FullHD about 7 months ago for $600 out the door ...

also the 5D with lens and warranty for $1900 out the door so I dont mind .. I wouldnt go to BestBuy never for accessories like tripods filters memory cards etcbecause they dont have nothing useful and they are just to overprice and being that they are high demand items and dont change as much they always stay thesame so no deals .... but anyways - I'm sure if they discountinue the 70-200 f/2.8 for a mark II and they are selling those for $1200 out the door I'min there like swimwear ..
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by battleground03

I haven't been shooting much but here's some oldies, I'm sure some of you have seen

3623825569_e73c85227b.jpg
4157107496_b0d181932e.jpg

4130539338_899fcd48ac.jpg
4016349902_4f1aa9d79b.jpg

3979645660_1238e61c92.jpg
4016357064_6497d79610.jpg

the one withe little girl and the bubbles would be great on a 20X30 gallery wrap....very well executed.

Rikan, my girl grew up on Gerard ave, i sued to always be around there.....my bestfriend now lives accross the street from the new stadium on Jerome. Smallworld.

the one withe little girl and the bubbles would be great on a 20X30 gallery wrap....very well executed.
Thanks KStyles. Care to elaborate on the "gallery wrap"?

*edit
googled it. It sure would look nice! $185
ohwell.gif
hopefully that's notthe going rate

im def keeping an eye out for this thread....im really trying to get into photography myself whats the best cam for a complete noob?

and
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pics everyone

RiKaN HaVoK-
laugh.gif
no loco, el z es de un vecino
smh.gif
, Im from 174th walton
pimp.gif
. I used to chill in around walton & 161th

Im in FL right know
eyes.gif

can some one cliff-note the brenizer method, and can I use ps 7 to do it?

Back
Top Bottom